ADP OUTSIDE SALES Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 26 of over 3.3K interviews

Recruiter25%
Campus Recruiting10%
HardAverageEasy

ADP

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP

Interview

Phone call Interview with Vp asking behavioral questions Ride along with a member of the team to see a day in the life And then the final interview with the vp again

Interview Questions
  • What makes you stand out?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Poughkeepsie, NY)

Interview

Was called in for two in-person interviews and a day of shadowing (all of which I was asked to attend with only one day of notice to request time-off) and had a phone interview. I was told I’d hear back the week after the final interview only to never hear from the manager again and have multiple call attempts ignored. Extremely unprofessional, don’t waste your time here unless you really want to get into sales.

Interview Questions
  • What Television or Movie character do you see yourself as?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Columbus, OH) in Jul 2017

Interview

Phone screen followed by in-person interview. Interviewer made me wait 20 minutes past the scheduled start time. Began the interview saying there were no open territories. Interrupted the interview to get coffee. Very unprofessional atmosphere

Interview Questions
  • one good and 1 bad thing your previous employer would say about you
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Culver City, CA) in May 2017

Interview

I interview at the Culver City location. After reading all the pessimistic experiences and reviews on this site, I expected the worst of my interviewer. After the interview, I can say it has been the most comfortable and authentic interview I have been in. Not only did the interviewer who was the vice president of sales got to know about my professional experience, I also got to know his personal and professional background which is rare in an interview due to their position. I encourage interviewees to avoid negativity and focus on their personal experience rather than reading about other peoples' experiences. I made it through the next process and I will be shadowing a sales rep as part of the final interview.

Interview Questions
13 people found this interview helpful

ADP

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP

Interview

Had a great initial phone call and discussed position and qualifications and my experiences and background. Was told to be on the lookout for the next steps in the process and then never heard back.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at ADP (Rockville, MD) in Dec 2016

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted by a recruiter by phone who immediately administered a mini interview with basic personality questions. The recruiter liked me so helped me to schedule a FaceTime interview with a VP who was hard to get in touch with. Eventually I FaceTimed with the VP, it was a basic interview (name a time of success, failure, adversity, when you were a good friend, etc.) The VP seemed uninterested and rushed, I definitely didn't think I was going to hear back, but two weeks later HR requested I come in for the final in-person two day ride along & roll play. The ride along was awesome because I just shadowed all day, but the roll play day was very intimidating; I sat before 5 VPs and they all rattled off questions and follow up questions on every answer. Role play was good, I prepped and performed, and then the VP gave me a few tips to improve and wanted me to do it again with his advice.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time that you were a good friend, in an unexpected way.
4 people found this interview helpful

ADP

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP in Mar 2016

Interview

I applied through my Universities job board and received an email from a manager soon after. Got through the phone interview and was not contacted afterwards. The interview person was asking me questions and I could tell there was a lot of distracting noises happening on her end. Im guessing she just wanted to get through fast and be done.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in Jan 2016

Interview

Had a standard phone interview that went extremely well. Came in for an interview with two Sales Managers, I confidently answered their questions. They had me come in again to shadow with one of their current "top sales people", which was fine except it was basically half the day of me cold-calling into gas stations, etc. selling them payroll to see if I could "do the job". I got the offer and started at the company, but left as soon as I accepted a higher offer.

Interview Questions
  • Probably where I wanted to be in 5 years.
9 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at ADP (Austin, TX) in Jul 2015

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone for 45mins by a recruiter. The interview was nothing out of the ordinary. I was then extended an interview in person with the VP of Sales in Austin. The interview went pretty smoothly too. We talked about my experience and what my career goals were. ADP is looking for hard-playing sales people, and I made the mistake of talking about how I am more interested in sales management (long-term), even though I had previous sales/business development experience. I think this nailed the coffin for me. I don't think anything else went bad so my guess is that they didn't extend the offer because they probably thought I wasn't going to consider working there after my internship.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Minneapolis, MN) in Jun 2014

Interview

Applied through linkedin and got a call from a recruiter about a week later, prior to the phone interview you need to do a quick online interview, Pretty basic questions (Why ADP, Why sales, Time you had to negotiate, etc. Then went in for an in-person interview with the VP of sales in my area. Thought the interview went really well and he asked me to reach out to him in a weeks time but after I tried calling twice I never got through and havent heard back from them since. Overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever had do negotiate? If so, how did that work out?
4 people found this interview helpful