ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

First you have to sell your self over the phone with one of the sales managers. If you pass that then you will be invited in to meet with a recruiter and he will make sure that you are prepared and worthy of meeting sales managers. Really basic questions and then given a second date to meet sales mangers. The sales managers put you on the spot asking you to sell them a pen or a binder. Then you go into a room with all 3 mangers they ask you to sell a product you have sold in the past and then make a decision.

Interview Questions

• what was the worst part of your last job   1 Answer
  • What would you change about your last company if you were the CEO   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I became interested in the job as a fall back plan after meeting a recruiter at my University's job fair in January. She was from the LA office and suggested I contact the main Southern California recruiter for job availability in Irvine or San Diego (where I was interested in working). After speaking with her via email, she suggested "I contact her when I moved down to the area." I explained to her that I would not move to the area unless employed and would rather pursue the opportunity before graduation in June, however she failed to respond. Guess she couldn't handle a man who takes charge!
    A few weeks later I received a call from the Northern California headquarters pursuing my interest in the company, which I accepted as a worst case scenario plan. We set up an initial phone interview for the following week and she emailed me a personality test to complete meanwhile. The phone interview was quite casual and frankly I came into it over-prepared for the topics she discussed. She was fascinated that I scored in the top 96% percentile on the personality test, which was constructed based on their top sales people's answers to the same questions. We set up a 1 on 1 interview with the VP two weeks down the road when I would be traveling up to the Bay Area for other engagements.
    Treating the interview as practice, I decided not to prepare much before heading into our meeting. The office in Pleasanton had a very corporate feel, starting with being greeted by a security-like secretary and remote operated blockade granting my entrance once revealing my identity. After taking a seat in the "lobby" I was greeted by the VP and escorted to his office, passing many cubicles and personality-lacking individuals along the way. I must say the VP was a charming young chap against it all. The interview was very relaxed and focused on my desires of the position, with the average "who are you" conversation. I was asked, "what was my favorite trait about myself?" The gentleman could tell I didn't have much interest in the job, hence my life objectives and lack of passion for door-to-door type sales. I only would have worked in one location in the Bay Area and there wasn't any availability for that region.
    My suggestions would be: to know what you want before you go in there and make it known during your interview. Be ready to explain who you are. What are your goals for the job, remember it's sales!
    Ultimately, ask yourself if you really want to be selling payroll systems day to day. However, good for those who don't want to be in an office and rather out in the field.

Good luck!

Base Salary: $50,000+ Commission (average about $10-20K/year)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

ADP is a great company. Everyone I came in contact with throughout the interview process was extremely professional and great to talk with.

I got in contact with a recruiter through a personal reference. I was scheduled for an interview on a Friday, and it went well. Next step was meeting with the other 2 managers and then the ride along afterwards. The ride along consisted of meeting with businesses and banks to discuss their relationships and possible business opportunities.

After the ride along, we did the role play. It was easy, just focus on how the product would benefit them and ask for the business (close)!! I was offered the position 2 days later.

Interview Questions

I received a better offer from another company at the same time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and everyone was very friendly. A recruiter emailed me and asked me to take an online assessment of my personality and intelligence. When I passed, she called me and we conducted about a 15 minute phone interview consisting of a resume review and some general questions. I then interviewed with two sales managers at the same time. They asked lots of questions about why I would be good at sales, facets of my personality, and about my experience. Afterwards, I had a ridealong with another sales rep and shadowed her for four hours. I think this is where I lost the opportunity because I didn't do so good on some practice cold calls. I received an email the next business day informing me I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an accomplishment at works that includes measurable results.   Answer Question
    • Do you "hate to lose" or "love to win"?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Atlanta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, 1:1 interview, ride along, 2:1 interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Greensboro, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

It was a standard interview with common questions such as: Tell me a little bit about your self., Why should we hire you?, What has been the most difficult task you have had to over come?, Out of the words "organization, listening, closing, and product knowledge" which is the most important and why? The answer is closing.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a little bit about you.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in June 2019.

Interview

Very smooth, but have to go in for a full day ride-along which can be tricky to coordinate with a busy work schedule. Started with a call from internal recruiter, then a facetime with VP of sales, then an all day ride along with sales manager.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jun 28, 2019

Thank you for the review and rating of your interview experience. We appreciate your insights and analysis.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

friendly lady during phone interview who had a lot in common with me. She was very straight forward about the company and what I would be doing which stood out in a great way because not alot of companys will do that. Great impression of ADP

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jul 15, 2019

Thank you for your review and for sharing your insights with us on Glassdoor. We are happy to hear that you had a positive and friendly interview experience. Welcome to the ADP team. #WorkHappy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Boston, MA) in August 2019.

Interview

The company is very good overall but lacks diversity. They have hired several people from my graduating class but not me a person of color. The office most likely plans to continue to hire only those of European descent. Also arrive early because there is an issue with the building's security.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Aug 21, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review as we value and consider all feedback. In regard to your concern, it is ADP's policy to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to their... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

Was called in for a first round of interview, only interviewed with one person. Asked to come back for a second-round/shadow day - waited for about an hour, was then informed that the person was not in and we would have to reschedule. The team ghosted me after this.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background and why you would be a good fit for this role.   1 Answer

Aug 5, 2019

Thank you for sharing insights into your interview experience, and we apologize that your experience was negative. We are sorry to hear about this as we aim for professional interview sessions in... More