ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I was approached through a recruiter through LinkedIn. After showing interest, I was invited to set up a phone interview via email. After the phone interview, I was invited to set up an in-person interview with the VP of Sales. The process was extremely fast, and the recruiter was very knowledgeable, helpful and efficient in terms of communication. In addition, she provided me links to prepare for the in-person interview and to learn more about the company and position that I was applying for. The in-person interview took place at the Irvine office, where I arrived 15-30 minutes early to my 12:30pm interview. However, the VP was on a phone call and was not interviewed until 12:50pm. While waiting in the lobby, another interviewee arrived for their appointment at 1pm. When it was time for the interview, the VP seemed extremely aggravated and stressed out, and apologized for the wait. However, the interview was the most unprofessional and most scarring interview I have had. He did not genuinely want to get to know me, yet was also not interested in my qualifications. He also went on about the fact that when he was job searching, he was always a top candidate and had 5 job offers before he decided to board with ADP. Throughout the interview, I felt like I was fighting to prove that I am the right person for the job. I understood that I was applying for a sales position, and I was to act as though the interview was a sales call and I was to “sell myself”, however he kept stating that I was saying everything he wanted to hear, but yet it wasn’t enough.

Interview Questions

• What other jobs are you applying for and what do they have in common?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work here? What makes you qualified?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about yourself, something that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

May 8, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and insights from your interview experience. We will share with our HR Irvine teams.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was sought after on LinkedIn by an ADP recruiter. The process was all very last minute and thrown together poorly. I was coming up from DC, so I was obviously taking a lot of time and money to come to their Manhattan office. When I went for my first in person interview I was told I would meet several people. I only met the VP in that office and I was in and out in under 40 minutes, didn't meet anyone else or even get a tour. I then reluctantly came back up two weeks later and met several managers who were much more pleasant, but I was never really given an appropriate or accurate overview of the day to day job despite my questions so I seemed unprepared. However I liked the managers and wrote them all thank you notes and then heard literally nothing from ADP after spending hundreds of dollars on train tickets and time from a different state. I emailed the recruiter who reached out to ME asking for some feedback because I hadn't heard back and got nothing. To be honest I was able to find a job with a much more welcoming and respectful community that same visit, but was really thrown off by how much time I feel like I wasted in the end when I was very open to working for ADP and was surprised at how I was treated by a company that supposedly has a great reputation. Maybe I was just another interviewee to help the recruiter hit her numbers, which is very sad.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 8, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review. We are very interested in your story, and if you wish to provide more details, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The people at ADP and time spent during the field day interview process was wonderful, up to the point that I was offered a Sales Apprenticeship and then received a generic rejection e-mail a couple of days later. The managers even asked me about my availability for the internship. I followed-up after the interviews with both the managers and the recruiter, yet still only received a generic rejection e-mail and no response from the managers. It wasn't that I had a problem with the rejection e-mail; rather, that I received a generic e-mail after being offered an internship. ADP needs to work on their hiring process. I am not the only one that has had a negative outcome with ADP, I did my research on Glassdoor prior to this, I saw it coming. I found the process to be a good learning experience for myself, but I would not recommend others to consider working for ADP nor would I encourage any use of their service.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for this review of your interview experience. We will review internally with our sales teams.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an colleague, then asked to send my resumé and then set up a phone interview a couple days later. It's a very simple interview and as long as you sell yourself as someone who likes to take on challenges, does well with deadlines, and is looking for a job where hard work is rewarded I'm sure it will go well.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Orlando, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Three rounds. One Phone interview and two in person interviews. Takes about two-three weeks. Your HR does a great job at setting you up to know what you have to do each step and what they are looking for. Listen to your HR they know best at any job.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge in your life and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an interview over the phone then was asked to come in for a face to face interview. The least, absolute least, this company could have is an automated email saying how they decided to choose other candidates for the position. It's been two weeks and nothing. Very disrespectful for such an established company.

Interview Questions

• The main question they consistently asked was how I would accept being told no   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process for me has been long. I had my first phone interview the first or second week of September. It was your typical phone interview with an ADP recruiter. Asked about my background and things like that. Asked me three characteristics I possess that would allow me to successful in sales. It was a 30 minute interview and he had scheduled an interview with the VP of sales right on the phone for the following week. That second interview also went well. The VP of sales was very nice and easy to talk to. We just talked about my background and why I want a job in sales and why I'm not pursuing a career in law (I have a law degree). He seemed to like me and had emailed me shortly after the interview to schedule a 3rd interview session, a ride along with a sales rep, and a mock sales pitch all in one day. It is a very long day I got there a half hour early at 7:30 and didn't leave the office until about 5 or 5:30 because the sales rep I rode with had a meeting go longer than planned. There were 3 separate interviews in the morning with 2 sales executives for each one. I think I did very well in all my interviews and I personally think I did amazing on the mock sales pitch at the end of the day. This was my last interview which was on September 28th. It is now October 10th and I have yet to hear back from anyone. I have followed up multiple times to multiple people via email and phone calls. I have yet to get a response from anyone. I really am confident that I did well and that I will receive a job offer, but I've yet to hear back which isn't really that reassuring. I'm thinking no news right now is still good news though so hopefully I hear from them soon.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of being competitive in the work place.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

First a phone call from a recruiter. Second interview over FaceTime with the VP of Sales-- basic questions about work history, etc. Third was a ride-along day with a current employee and there was supposed to be a role play interview but mine never happened because the interviewer wasn't in. Followed up twice about scheduling the interview but was ignored both times.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview went well. Basic questions and resume overview. Did not hear back from recruiter for a week and a half but she eventually emailed me (thanking me for the follow-up) to schedule the round two interview with the Sales Executive. The second interview was a very negative experience. She made no effort to get to know me or ask questions that showcased my experience or skill set. What was the point of coming if she wasn't going to go into more depth with me? I got the feeling they had no intention of hiring me in the first place. It ended very abruptly and once she handed me her card she actually walked out of her office and went down the hall to wait for me...leaving me alone in her office to gather my papers as quickly as I could. I felt like I was in a fire drill. It made me feel horrible. If my interview experience is any indication of the culture at ADP I am happy they did not hire me.

Interview Questions

• what would five of your closest friends agree that your biggest strength/weakness is?
      why do you want to be in outside sales?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Lady calls me and loved me. Sends me salary information and everything and says she thinks I would be a great fit so she wants to bring me in to meet vp. At this point I think I already have the job... I go in and meet the vp and it goes great but he tells me this is just step 2 of the interview process and that they will let me know if I get to come back. I emailed them both a thank you afterwards and neither responded. He told me my point of contact was her and she would let me know either way... Didn't hear anything for two days so I reached out and she responded saying they went in another direction. I asked for feedback and got no reponse. Very rude and unprofessional in my opinion. Did not appreciate that at all and in fact her email when I reached out was one sentence and that's it!