ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The people at ADP and time spent during the field day interview process was wonderful, up to the point that I was offered a Sales Apprenticeship and then received a generic rejection e-mail a couple of days later. The managers even asked me about my availability for the internship. I followed-up after the interviews with both the managers and the recruiter, yet still only received a generic rejection e-mail and no response from the managers. It wasn't that I had a problem with the rejection e-mail; rather, that I received a generic e-mail after being offered an internship. ADP needs to work on their hiring process. I am not the only one that has had a negative outcome with ADP, I did my research on Glassdoor prior to this, I saw it coming. I found the process to be a good learning experience for myself, but I would not recommend others to consider working for ADP nor would I encourage any use of their service.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for this review of your interview experience. We will review internally with our sales teams.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an colleague, then asked to send my resumé and then set up a phone interview a couple days later. It's a very simple interview and as long as you sell yourself as someone who likes to take on challenges, does well with deadlines, and is looking for a job where hard work is rewarded I'm sure it will go well.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Orlando, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Three rounds. One Phone interview and two in person interviews. Takes about two-three weeks. Your HR does a great job at setting you up to know what you have to do each step and what they are looking for. Listen to your HR they know best at any job.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge in your life and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an interview over the phone then was asked to come in for a face to face interview. The least, absolute least, this company could have is an automated email saying how they decided to choose other candidates for the position. It's been two weeks and nothing. Very disrespectful for such an established company.

Interview Questions

• The main question they consistently asked was how I would accept being told no   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process for me has been long. I had my first phone interview the first or second week of September. It was your typical phone interview with an ADP recruiter. Asked about my background and things like that. Asked me three characteristics I possess that would allow me to successful in sales. It was a 30 minute interview and he had scheduled an interview with the VP of sales right on the phone for the following week. That second interview also went well. The VP of sales was very nice and easy to talk to. We just talked about my background and why I want a job in sales and why I'm not pursuing a career in law (I have a law degree). He seemed to like me and had emailed me shortly after the interview to schedule a 3rd interview session, a ride along with a sales rep, and a mock sales pitch all in one day. It is a very long day I got there a half hour early at 7:30 and didn't leave the office until about 5 or 5:30 because the sales rep I rode with had a meeting go longer than planned. There were 3 separate interviews in the morning with 2 sales executives for each one. I think I did very well in all my interviews and I personally think I did amazing on the mock sales pitch at the end of the day. This was my last interview which was on September 28th. It is now October 10th and I have yet to hear back from anyone. I have followed up multiple times to multiple people via email and phone calls. I have yet to get a response from anyone. I really am confident that I did well and that I will receive a job offer, but I've yet to hear back which isn't really that reassuring. I'm thinking no news right now is still good news though so hopefully I hear from them soon.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of being competitive in the work place.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

First a phone call from a recruiter. Second interview over FaceTime with the VP of Sales-- basic questions about work history, etc. Third was a ride-along day with a current employee and there was supposed to be a role play interview but mine never happened because the interviewer wasn't in. Followed up twice about scheduling the interview but was ignored both times.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview went well. Basic questions and resume overview. Did not hear back from recruiter for a week and a half but she eventually emailed me (thanking me for the follow-up) to schedule the round two interview with the Sales Executive. The second interview was a very negative experience. She made no effort to get to know me or ask questions that showcased my experience or skill set. What was the point of coming if she wasn't going to go into more depth with me? I got the feeling they had no intention of hiring me in the first place. It ended very abruptly and once she handed me her card she actually walked out of her office and went down the hall to wait for me...leaving me alone in her office to gather my papers as quickly as I could. I felt like I was in a fire drill. It made me feel horrible. If my interview experience is any indication of the culture at ADP I am happy they did not hire me.

Interview Questions

• what would five of your closest friends agree that your biggest strength/weakness is?
      why do you want to be in outside sales?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Lady calls me and loved me. Sends me salary information and everything and says she thinks I would be a great fit so she wants to bring me in to meet vp. At this point I think I already have the job... I go in and meet the vp and it goes great but he tells me this is just step 2 of the interview process and that they will let me know if I get to come back. I emailed them both a thank you afterwards and neither responded. He told me my point of contact was her and she would let me know either way... Didn't hear anything for two days so I reached out and she responded saying they went in another direction. I asked for feedback and got no reponse. Very rude and unprofessional in my opinion. Did not appreciate that at all and in fact her email when I reached out was one sentence and that's it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ADP (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

General description of what the position would be about, what's expected of employees. For a phone interview it was fairly short and She didn't really talk about the position too much. I am assuming this will change if I am selected for the next 1 on 1 interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently applying or have interviews for other positions in different companies, and are they similar to this type of position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview took about two weeks. The first interview was over the phone. The second interview was held with the VP of Sales. The third interview was a ride-along field day with a current senior outside sales representative. The fourth was with a senior account executive. Then waiting on a final answer.