ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

First you have to sell your self over the phone with one of the sales managers. If you pass that then you will be invited in to meet with a recruiter and he will make sure that you are prepared and worthy of meeting sales managers. Really basic questions and then given a second date to meet sales mangers. The sales managers put you on the spot asking you to sell them a pen or a binder. Then you go into a room with all 3 mangers they ask you to sell a product you have sold in the past and then make a decision.

Interview Questions

• what was the worst part of your last job   1 Answer
  • What would you change about your last company if you were the CEO   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Atlanta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, 1:1 interview, ride along, 2:1 interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I became interested in the job as a fall back plan after meeting a recruiter at my University's job fair in January. She was from the LA office and suggested I contact the main Southern California recruiter for job availability in Irvine or San Diego (where I was interested in working). After speaking with her via email, she suggested "I contact her when I moved down to the area." I explained to her that I would not move to the area unless employed and would rather pursue the opportunity before graduation in June, however she failed to respond. Guess she couldn't handle a man who takes charge!
    A few weeks later I received a call from the Northern California headquarters pursuing my interest in the company, which I accepted as a worst case scenario plan. We set up an initial phone interview for the following week and she emailed me a personality test to complete meanwhile. The phone interview was quite casual and frankly I came into it over-prepared for the topics she discussed. She was fascinated that I scored in the top 96% percentile on the personality test, which was constructed based on their top sales people's answers to the same questions. We set up a 1 on 1 interview with the VP two weeks down the road when I would be traveling up to the Bay Area for other engagements.
    Treating the interview as practice, I decided not to prepare much before heading into our meeting. The office in Pleasanton had a very corporate feel, starting with being greeted by a security-like secretary and remote operated blockade granting my entrance once revealing my identity. After taking a seat in the "lobby" I was greeted by the VP and escorted to his office, passing many cubicles and personality-lacking individuals along the way. I must say the VP was a charming young chap against it all. The interview was very relaxed and focused on my desires of the position, with the average "who are you" conversation. I was asked, "what was my favorite trait about myself?" The gentleman could tell I didn't have much interest in the job, hence my life objectives and lack of passion for door-to-door type sales. I only would have worked in one location in the Bay Area and there wasn't any availability for that region.
    My suggestions would be: to know what you want before you go in there and make it known during your interview. Be ready to explain who you are. What are your goals for the job, remember it's sales!
    Ultimately, ask yourself if you really want to be selling payroll systems day to day. However, good for those who don't want to be in an office and rather out in the field.

Good luck!

Base Salary: $50,000+ Commission (average about $10-20K/year)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Greensboro, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

It was a standard interview with common questions such as: Tell me a little bit about your self., Why should we hire you?, What has been the most difficult task you have had to over come?, Out of the words "organization, listening, closing, and product knowledge" which is the most important and why? The answer is closing.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a little bit about you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Elk Grove Village, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Great Company, Cares about its Employee. Interview Process was fun. They were just looking for someone more experienced.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and everyone was very friendly. A recruiter emailed me and asked me to take an online assessment of my personality and intelligence. When I passed, she called me and we conducted about a 15 minute phone interview consisting of a resume review and some general questions. I then interviewed with two sales managers at the same time. They asked lots of questions about why I would be good at sales, facets of my personality, and about my experience. Afterwards, I had a ridealong with another sales rep and shadowed her for four hours. I think this is where I lost the opportunity because I didn't do so good on some practice cold calls. I received an email the next business day informing me I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an accomplishment at works that includes measurable results.   Answer Question
    • Do you "hate to lose" or "love to win"?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

ADP is a great company. Everyone I came in contact with throughout the interview process was extremely professional and great to talk with.

I got in contact with a recruiter through a personal reference. I was scheduled for an interview on a Friday, and it went well. Next step was meeting with the other 2 managers and then the ride along afterwards. The ride along consisted of meeting with businesses and banks to discuss their relationships and possible business opportunities.

After the ride along, we did the role play. It was easy, just focus on how the product would benefit them and ask for the business (close)!! I was offered the position 2 days later.

Interview Questions

I received a better offer from another company at the same time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Irvine, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was speaking to different ADP recruiters about positions in two different territories, the first was an actual ADP recruiter the other was a recruiter for another company who ADP outsourced to. The ADP recruiter was the most unenthusiastic recruiter I had ever spoken to. He did not seem interested in our call what-so-ever and seemed annoyed with any question I had. We spoke about multiple positions and I expressed my interest in them - and was suppose to hear back from him and never did. I tried to call his office number, didn't answer. I sent multiple emails, no response. The other recruiter who was outsourced was very friendly, very enthusiastic and easy to talk to on the phone. She sent me to a 1:1 interview with a hiring manager/sales manager, the interview required me to drive out of my way about 45 minutes each way, which I did not mind AT ALL because I was hoping that this would lead to a job offer. When I got to the 1:1 interview, the interviewer was late, unorganized and once he brought me into his office, told me that I was interviewing for the wrong territory and that he wouldn't hire me for his territory based off of where I live. The interview lasted all of 2 minutes. I understood that he wouldn't hire because the commute would be brutal and he said he would get everything sorted out with the recruiter and get me an interview with the hiring manager in a territory more suitable for me to commute to daily. I emailed the recruiter after and she said she would do the same thing. I never heard back from the hiring manager of the wrong territory or the recruiter. I tried calling her and emailing her and she never responded to any of my means of communication. I had heard great things about ADP and was very excited about having the opportunity to interview for a great company where I could work my way up and start a career. But these experiences left a very sour taste in my mouth, I found it very unprofessional to simply just ignore me. I understand they are busy, but it is very easy to send a simple, generic rejection draft they already have saved.

Interview Questions

• Describe your responsibilities at your current position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (San Antonio, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR department which went really well. Then I had another interview with the VP of Sales in the Austin area that also went well and she referred me for a face to face interview in San Antonio. The HR lady that I had the first interview with then scheduled me for a whole day which was suppose to consist of an interview with two managers, then going out in the field with a sales rep and finally a role play/ask for job. I drove four hours for the interview and after the face to face interview they said thanks for coming in, we will get in touch with you. I told them I was confused because I had a whole day set up and they said I wasn't scheduled for anything else. I then called the HR lady to figure out what had happened and never got a response. I then got a rejection letter the next week. The whole thing was very unorganized and very unprofesssional.

Interview Questions

• Knowing that you don't have any sales experience, you should know that your GPA is important. Why isn't yours higher?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2018.

Interview

Basic questions, including behavior-based questions including: how you've handled pressure, how you were able to work to innovate in your role, etc. If you're right out of college, they ask about your GPA and whether it was, in your opinion, good or bad.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 3, 2019

Thank you for the review and rating of your interview experience. We appreciate your insights and analysis.