ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I applied online through ADP and passed the phone interview, few days later had an interview with the VP of sales and passed that but heard back almost a week later to be asked to come in for a ride along and final interview. I thought it was very professional and had great experience up until I arrived at for the final step. From the moment I arrived the people working at the office used foul language, were very uninterested in answering my questions and didnt make me feel comfortable or engaged. The ride along was all day and mostly consisted of someone prying into my life and not keeping it on a professional level. Asking very personal questions. I figured it was a test to see what kind of person I am. I had the final interview and when they did not do role play I knew I wasn't in the mix of candidates anymore.

Interview Questions

• I'm going to tell you four words and I want you to put them in order from most important to least important: probing, building rapport, closing, presenting.   1 Answer
  • What motivates you   1 Answer
  • What are some of your hobbies outside of work   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to work in sales   1 Answer
  • Are you a competitive person   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for two outside sales positions. I have almost ten years of solid B2B sales experience with a track record of being the top producer on my sales team. This position would be entry level for me. My resume and cover letter are terrific, and my references are perfect. I even contacted the specific recruiters by email when applying to these two positions to express my interest. I never heard back on either - not a peep. I won't apply for another position at ADP, considering their lack of tact when dealing with applicants. At least have the professional courtesy to respond to an application, even if it's to turn that applicant down. I believe ADP is more concerned with a degree than they are with experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP in May 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application online for the position and an HR recruiter contacted me via email to schedule a phone screen interview. He forwarded my information to the hiring manager and about a week later I went to the office for an interview with him. Pretty standard experience, no curve ball questions. They took about 1.5 weeks to get back to me about scheduling a day for a field ride. But before you do the field ride, you need to interview with 3 managers. They all ask the same types of questions. I send thank you letters and follow-ups to everyone I've met with. No one has reached out to give me any updates on the process. It's been about 3 weeks and not a single word. Do not get your hopes up if they do not contact you after interviewing, simply move on. Go to their competitor. I find it extremely unprofessional that they would string you along and then never have the decency to say they found a better candidate/etc.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jul 28, 2016 – Project Specialist

Sorry for this negative experience. If you would like to be more specific in details so we can escalate to the proper channels, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com Thank You

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Very extensive in-office interview that lasts up to 5 hours and is followed with a sales simulation which was fairly difficult to think of on the spot. Started with a phone interview with a recruiter which was just your basic 1st interview that consisted of behavior based questions. From there I had a 1on1 Face time interview with the VP of sales that was a little more extensive. The final round interview was essentially you driving around with a sales rep and shadowing them for the entire day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It consisted of three interviews. 1st is a phone interview. 2nd interview was with VP of Sales. 3rd interview is a field day. The third interview it is an 8 hour day where you ride along with one of their current employees and see what the job consists of. Then once you come back, you have an interview with 3 managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview questions were intense and tough, but the interviewers make you feel comfortable. For the most part, they just want to figure out more about you. You will be asked to go on a "field-ride" with a current employee to shadow and learn more about the day to day activities and expectations. The field ride is pretty relaxed. The in-person formal interview is a little more intense and you'll be thrown some unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the last lie you told and why?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What is the last good book you read?
      Tell me about a time you failed and how you recovered?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Nashville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

You were introduced to multiple team members you would work with and after asked a few basic interview and behavioral questions it was followed by a role play. The one thing I would say is that candidates should be given more time to review before having to perform this as most employees would have the full background of product, company, etc. since they have been engrossed in the company longer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    2. Interview with VP of Sales
    3. Interview with Sales Manager
    4. Ride Along
    5. Final Interview with VP of Sales / Role Play

I did not get pass the second stage. While I do not know exactly why I didn't get the job, I feel like they may have been looking for more sales experience. At the same time, I do wonder if their HR recruiter gets commission for rounding up as many interviews as possible, when they could have known prior to the experience I didn't have enough sales experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me to discuss meeting with the DSM. I arranged for an interview and field day. During the field day I rode around with a current sales rep all day. I had a great time and asked good questions and learned a lot. I got along with the rep really well who was super sweet and offered good advice on the role play coming up. He told me on numerous occasions he thought I was a great fit. After this I had the role play. Pretty standard and was given time to prepare. I was not nervous and was very up beat. Everything seemed VERY promising. During the last interview, the DSM mentioned I would know by the next day if I got the job so I wouldn't "be waiting all weekend to find out." I left very confident! That was 5 weeks ago. I have followed up, sent thank you's, and made appropriate contact. There is an excuse or no response EVERY time. I am pretty confident at this point I didn't get it, but I wish they would have the decency to actually let me know rather than ignore me.

Interview Questions

• Role play - sell payroll to them and be prepared for them to disagree with everything. Practice your response to a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

A phone interview, a face-to-face interview, and then a day of shadowing/role-play... Over the process, I sent great followup emails/calls and never heard a response.. After the last step, I tried to follow up with the employer, no response, and no feedback given as to why I wasn't selected. I was disappointed in the lack of communication and feedback that not getting an offer was fine by me...

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be the best & disliked by other employees, or the average & liked by the entire office?... What motivates you?... What makes me believe I can trust you out on the field?...   1 Answer