ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2017

135 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP in October 2017.

Interview

process = Phone interview, in person interview with vp sales in sbs division, then interview with other ppl, ride along, then mock sales call....... IF you are looking to be treated like a rag doll in an interview process this is for you. I interviewed at ADP 4 times and every time made it to the second round and no further. they interview 5-10 people every week even when they are not in need of hiring people. the recruiter literally told me they are above head count, but we still need to interview ppl...... other times they told me I am a great candidate, but they reached capacity and to go interview at this other location, but that vp stood me up to play golf or something

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume, why would you want to work for us when you have a background that is not payroll?   Answer Question

Oct 30, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will share this review with our Talent Acquisition leaders.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 phases . Phone In person then a second in person with management. If they like you they will give you a TRYOUT to see if it is a good fit on both sides earning minimum wage as an hourly employee. If they like you they will offer your the job if not they wont. You have to be part of their fraternity. really has nothing to do with merit.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 30, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Greenville, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

I went through the entire interview process. You start talking to HR. Meet with the local manager. Then you get to do a ride along for half a day with a current employee. Lastly, you interview with the regional sales manager. It was a rather lengthy process, but overall, they got you in and out rather quickly. Everyone I talked to from both offices were extremely nice. It was a little misleading/ frustrating when everyone you talk to tells you how great you would be there, and then they hire someone else. Overall it was a great experience though.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your three best friends to describe you, what would they say? Best three qualities and worst three.   Answer Question

Oct 16, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the positive review.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in September 2017.

Interview

The interview procedure was a five step process. Phone screen, sit down, ride along, mock sale, and final offer. The hardest part about the interview process is the initial sit down. In this stage is seemed that the manager had to like you, or you would not get moved forward. Remember to sell yourself.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 16, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your full view of the ADP experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by an in person interview. The in person interview was very informal & I was asked to join a rep on a ride along, but they decided to go in a different direction

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 9, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

They tell you that you are going in for outside sales salary position, then proceed to say this is a $12/hr apprentice position. No information was given about the apprentice position prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 18, 2017 – Project Specialist

This is disappointing. Apologies for the miscommunication.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Fresno, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for Sales position with base and commission and after phone interview I was scheduled in person interview and was told to prepare role play. Prepared role play for hours and did extensive research. During the in person interview I was asked if I was interested in apprentice position. Didn't put too much though into the pay rate because they told me its training initially only to change it and tell me if I don't prove myself to them and get sales (without commission) I would be let go. The way they approach and hire their sales reps is fraud. How are you going to offer me a $12 an hour pay with no commission, ask me to prove myself and let someone else get paid out for the sales I make, tell me the position after 8 weeks is not guaranteed (but initially mislead me and tell me its 8 weeks of training) when I signed up for Salary plus commission job starting at 40K? One word: JOKE. They will eventually get I trouble for their fraud.
    Best part is I asked numerous questions and not ONE question was answered guaranteeing me the position after 8 weeks. After figuring out I was being played, I took my offer back. Not worth my time and I don't work for liars or frauds.
    They literally just want to hire sales reps and call them 'apprentice' so they can use them and have them work with low wages.

Interview Questions

• Will you be willing to prove yourself if this job is for you within 8 weeks   Answer Question

Aug 29, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. If you would like to share more details with us please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com - we are interested in hearing more about this... More

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP in July 2016.

Interview

It was short and uninformative. I should have known better than to take the job. It was a terrible job and I wouldn't recommend to anyone unless you want to make yourself miserable

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 15, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for your negative experience, but thank you for the review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was sought after on LinkedIn by an ADP recruiter. The process was all very last minute and thrown together poorly. I was coming up from DC, so I was obviously taking a lot of time and money to come to their Manhattan office. When I went for my first in person interview I was told I would meet several people. I only met the VP in that office and I was in and out in under 40 minutes, didn't meet anyone else or even get a tour. I then reluctantly came back up two weeks later and met several managers who were much more pleasant, but I was never really given an appropriate or accurate overview of the day to day job despite my questions so I seemed unprepared. However I liked the managers and wrote them all thank you notes and then heard literally nothing from ADP after spending hundreds of dollars on train tickets and time from a different state. I emailed the recruiter who reached out to ME asking for some feedback because I hadn't heard back and got nothing. To be honest I was able to find a job with a much more welcoming and respectful community that same visit, but was really thrown off by how much time I feel like I wasted in the end when I was very open to working for ADP and was surprised at how I was treated by a company that supposedly has a great reputation. Maybe I was just another interviewee to help the recruiter hit her numbers, which is very sad.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 8, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review. We are very interested in your story, and if you wish to provide more details, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I was approached through a recruiter through LinkedIn. After showing interest, I was invited to set up a phone interview via email. After the phone interview, I was invited to set up an in-person interview with the VP of Sales. The process was extremely fast, and the recruiter was very knowledgeable, helpful and efficient in terms of communication. In addition, she provided me links to prepare for the in-person interview and to learn more about the company and position that I was applying for. The in-person interview took place at the Irvine office, where I arrived 15-30 minutes early to my 12:30pm interview. However, the VP was on a phone call and was not interviewed until 12:50pm. While waiting in the lobby, another interviewee arrived for their appointment at 1pm. When it was time for the interview, the VP seemed extremely aggravated and stressed out, and apologized for the wait. However, the interview was the most unprofessional and most scarring interview I have had. He did not genuinely want to get to know me, yet was also not interested in my qualifications. He also went on about the fact that when he was job searching, he was always a top candidate and had 5 job offers before he decided to board with ADP. Throughout the interview, I felt like I was fighting to prove that I am the right person for the job. I understood that I was applying for a sales position, and I was to act as though the interview was a sales call and I was to “sell myself”, however he kept stating that I was saying everything he wanted to hear, but yet it wasn’t enough.

Interview Questions

• What other jobs are you applying for and what do they have in common?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here? What makes you qualified?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself, something that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

May 8, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and insights from your interview experience. We will share with our HR Irvine teams.