ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

128 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ADP (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

General description of what the position would be about, what's expected of employees. For a phone interview it was fairly short and She didn't really talk about the position too much. I am assuming this will change if I am selected for the next 1 on 1 interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently applying or have interviews for other positions in different companies, and are they similar to this type of position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview took about two weeks. The first interview was over the phone. The second interview was held with the VP of Sales. The third interview was a ride-along field day with a current senior outside sales representative. The fourth was with a senior account executive. Then waiting on a final answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter, then met with VP of Sales for an in-person interview. I felt that the in-person interview was rushed and very fast, so be ready to move at a quick pace. It has been a few weeks and I still haven't heard back from my recruiter. I emailed her 2 times and left 2 voicemail's and nothing, which is extremely unprofessional. Whether it is good news or bad news, I expect ADP would at least hire recruiters who are responsive and professional. All I wanted to know is feedback from the interview, good or bad, so that I can use that information to grow personally and professionally..

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 7, 2016 – Project Specialist

This is unfortunate that no one has contacted you within the organization. If you want to reach out to us adp_talent_community@adp.com we will strive to remedy. Thank you!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I completed an interview over the phone that went ok. The woman interviewing me seemed to be very basic with what she was saying and essentially repeating to me what the website was saying. Even after I told her that I was interested in the position, which is why I was even interviewing with them, she tried to brush me off and said to call back when I would be interested. Made no sense. She has no clue what she's doing. I was contacted again to schedule a second interview in person with a hiring manager. However, due to my work schedule, I wasn't able to answer her the second time she called to confirm times. I called back three times and then I received an email saying that they just proceeded with another individual. I don't understand how lazy someone has to be that instead of calling me back they decided to just cancel the whole process. I was literally perfect for the job. be warned!!! this company has the worst HR department, which is ironic considering that is the service they offer to other companies. Worst interview process I've had in my life. They are lazy, unprofessional, and not knowledgable about the company. I knew what I was coming into from reading other reviews, I just didn't know it was this awful.
    Don't waste your time with them.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 7, 2016 – Project Specialist

Thank you for reviewing your interview experience. We have escalated this to our HR department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Milford, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

Overall I was disappointed with the job interview. The first informal phone interview was great. My interviewer was: engaging, easy to talk with, seemed generally interested in my background and what I wanted my career to develop into. My in-person interviewer never introduced himself, was disengaged and I felt as if it was a burden for him to speak with me. Asked my interviewer about the company culture and he said overall it was poor in the location I interviewed at. Blamed the company for that and explained that they had a high turnover rate. From the moment I walked through the door I knew the company wasn't for me. It did not seem like a company that I wanted to start a career with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Greenville, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter went well(asked the typical questions). It was my second interview that was in person that was very unprofessional. She was very rude and had unusual questions. I was asked to describe myself in 3 characteristics according to my friends back in college(3 positive characteristics and 3 negative). It threw me off, why do you want to know who I was over 5 years ago? I was also asked what do I do to unwind on a Friday night, again irrelevant. I don't mind these type of questions when you are trying to get to know somebody but when you didn't even ask me any questions that actual concern the job at hand I find it odd. I currently work for a huge company in sales but she flat out told me that she didn't think the "type of sales" I do is hard. I left not even wanting a follow up because of the vibe she gave me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Somewhat informal and fun. The VP of sales is pretty awesome! It was my first sales interview and I didn't get the job, but she made me feel comfortable. we ventured off topic a bit which allowed us to get to know each other, but it was your pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you mos proud of in your life besides your degree?
      Why sales?
      Demonstrate how you would handle a problem with a coworker.
      What is a situation that proved to be impossible and what did you do.
      Tell me about your volunteer work.
      How do you handle the word "no".   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP in July 2016.

Interview

It was short and uninformative. I should have known better than to take the job. It was a terrible job and I wouldn't recommend to anyone unless you want to make yourself miserable

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 15, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for your negative experience, but thank you for the review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Houston, TX).

Interview

The HR person was unprofessional and rude. It was a phone interview and she asked me to "walk through my resume", which is a big red flag with the interviewing process. That meant she not only didn't look at my resume, she didn't bother to. What a waste of time. And asked me,"why did I want to work here". Another red flag. She also told me there were a lot of talented candidates to consider. Which again is another red flag. I'm sick of these unprofessional companies not asking qualifications with my skills or past job experiences. It's frustrating.

Interview Questions

• "Walk me through your resume"
      "Why do you want to work here"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on their website for a position, got a call from the recruiter for a simple phone interview. Invited immediately for an in person with the VP of Sales. Did really well with that and was invited for a ride along which was also great. No one contacted me after that so I followed up and was invited for the final interview which was also a 20 minute role play. I did extremely well on that and every manager said so as well. I felt extremely confident and I also had 3 years of sales experience.They said I would hear back by the following Friday and it has been OVER A MONTH with nothing. I haven't heard from anyone and have followed up with EVERYONE. This is extremely unprofessional and a joke that your company has a hiring process like this. Have the courtesy to at least let someone know, remember you were interviewing for the same job at one point. I wouldn't even accept the job now if they offered it to me. Don't waste your time especially if you have to travel,there are plenty of other companies who offer the same perks and salary/commission structure.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jul 28, 2016 – Project Specialist

We apologize for your negative experience. We have escalated to our San Diego Sales recruitment team and if you wish to follow up with more details, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com... More