ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (San Antonio, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR department which went really well. Then I had another interview with the VP of Sales in the Austin area that also went well and she referred me for a face to face interview in San Antonio. The HR lady that I had the first interview with then scheduled me for a whole day which was suppose to consist of an interview with two managers, then going out in the field with a sales rep and finally a role play/ask for job. I drove four hours for the interview and after the face to face interview they said thanks for coming in, we will get in touch with you. I told them I was confused because I had a whole day set up and they said I wasn't scheduled for anything else. I then called the HR lady to figure out what had happened and never got a response. I then got a rejection letter the next week. The whole thing was very unorganized and very unprofesssional.

Interview Questions

• Knowing that you don't have any sales experience, you should know that your GPA is important. Why isn't yours higher?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Irvine, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was speaking to different ADP recruiters about positions in two different territories, the first was an actual ADP recruiter the other was a recruiter for another company who ADP outsourced to. The ADP recruiter was the most unenthusiastic recruiter I had ever spoken to. He did not seem interested in our call what-so-ever and seemed annoyed with any question I had. We spoke about multiple positions and I expressed my interest in them - and was suppose to hear back from him and never did. I tried to call his office number, didn't answer. I sent multiple emails, no response. The other recruiter who was outsourced was very friendly, very enthusiastic and easy to talk to on the phone. She sent me to a 1:1 interview with a hiring manager/sales manager, the interview required me to drive out of my way about 45 minutes each way, which I did not mind AT ALL because I was hoping that this would lead to a job offer. When I got to the 1:1 interview, the interviewer was late, unorganized and once he brought me into his office, told me that I was interviewing for the wrong territory and that he wouldn't hire me for his territory based off of where I live. The interview lasted all of 2 minutes. I understood that he wouldn't hire because the commute would be brutal and he said he would get everything sorted out with the recruiter and get me an interview with the hiring manager in a territory more suitable for me to commute to daily. I emailed the recruiter after and she said she would do the same thing. I never heard back from the hiring manager of the wrong territory or the recruiter. I tried calling her and emailing her and she never responded to any of my means of communication. I had heard great things about ADP and was very excited about having the opportunity to interview for a great company where I could work my way up and start a career. But these experiences left a very sour taste in my mouth, I found it very unprofessional to simply just ignore me. I understand they are busy, but it is very easy to send a simple, generic rejection draft they already have saved.

Interview Questions

• Describe your responsibilities at your current position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Irvine, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter called me back within a couple days to hold a phone interview on the spot.
    From there she passed me along to an interview with the regional VP and then I had a field ride with one of the outside sales reps with a role play with one of the sales executives immediately after. The final interview was with the regional VP again and they made me an offer within a couple days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied via ADP's website then had an ADP employee refer me, email confirmation a couple weeks later, ADP sales administrator called me to discuss resume and to set up time with one on one interview with sales director, sales director in person interview, group interview in person with multiple sales directors. The in person interview went well, but they wanted someone more aggressive and experience with a quota requirement sales position. According to the sales director I was to meet again for a ride along and final interview, but I was notified via email that ADP will not be moving forward with my employment.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Went through four interviews. First, the recruiter interviewed me, then a virtual interview, then a meeting with the VP and a interview with sales associates.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

connected through Linkedin recruiter. initial call with HR. brought in for interview with VP. straight forward interview.... then contacted for interview with DM and for ride along... standard questions. ADP is a great company. very big. ideal if you are looking for sales training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (South San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

1. Submitted resume through an employee referral, got an email asking to set up a phone interview.
    Phone interview was easy and brief- gauging interest in sales and asking questions about your resume.
    2. Passed phone interview and set up an interview with VP of sales
    Seems like a high pressure environment, but they call it "fun and competitive"
    3. Passed that and set up an interview with district manager
    4. Passed that and went for a ride along with an outside sales rep
    Did not follow up- chose a different job
    Make your own schedule and hours, but have to hit weekly quota

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Interview process is pretty intense. Be prepared for several interviews. The recorded interview is awkward. The phone interview is pretty standard. I made it to the first in person interview and was put off by the demeanor of the managers and their interview tactics. The came off as rude. I felt relieved leaving the office after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Melville, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I posted online, and reached out to people in the company through linkedIn. The HR recruiter was extremely pleasant and took the time to explain the company, position as well as expectations for the interview process. After the phone Interview I met with the Regional VP who provided me with his vision for the program and market. He was professional and represented the company very well. I then interviewed with two Sales Managers one who had recently been promoted. The recently promoted Sales Manager asked great questions about my experience and took a general interest in my background and what I could bring to ADP. My final interview was a generic sales presentation about BRO (Business Resource Outsourcing). I received praise from both of the Sales Managers and the VP of Sales for my presentation skills and business acumen. I reached out to the HR Recruiter on the following Monday and was told that I was overqualified for the position. I agreed with their assessment, with 17 years of Management experience it would have been a taking a step back in my career.

Interview Questions

• With all of your experience why do you want to take a step back in your career?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I was contacted by there internal recruiter that found my resume online. I had one phone interview, one face to face, a ride along, and then had to do a 20 min sales presentation. Overall the process was straight forward and my recruiter was very helpful during the process too.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part for me was the 20 minute presentation. The question were all standard interview question in my opinion.   Answer Question