ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynwood Center, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Lynwood Center, WA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and I had an in person interview, my recruiter was very informative and helpful. I am still waiting to hear back about the follow up interview and possibility of a hire.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I first learned about the ADP position at a career fair, I was contacted after passing along my interview and I had a phone interview shortly after. The phone interview was an initial screening and not very difficult. At the end of the phone interview I set up a 1-1 interview a week later. The interview went well, the questions were not difficult and they explained exactly what the position was like and the hiring process. Overall I was pleased with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is the main goal you are trying to achieve with a career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Miami, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

It started with the HireVue app in which you record yourself with your smartphone or laptop answering typical questions about your background, skills, why are you a good fit, etc. Then, you have to do a phone interview with the recruiter. If that goes well, you have 2 to 3 more face-to-face interviews including your future manager. After, you have a field-ride to visit a real prospect on a real meeting scenario. This part is critical because you can ask many questions about the company, the role and they sales rep can give you tips about the day-to-day. Finally, you need to do a role-play about a business case and portray how would you position ADP TotalSource to a prospects. This activity, while a little but stressful it's very good because you will get to know what you will be actually selling and decide for yourself if this is a good fit or not. Oh, I forgot the last interview with the Area VP in which you can expect a deep dive on your experience, how to do things, success in the past, things you've learned. While the process seems long, it's well thought for the purpose of giving you and the employer enough elements to make an informed decision.

Interview Questions

• If we hired you, why would you think you would NOT be successful? Kinda tough questions because basically is a set up for you to tell them why shouldn't they hire you.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The interview process with ADP was very long. I had a first interview in December and finished the process in March. The hiring manager told me on my last interview that he was going to hire me. I had not heard from the company in over a month even though I had contacted them multiple times. I finally heard from the recruiter and was told they wanted to hire me for an internship. I found this insulting because I was told many times that I was the perfect candidate for the job from multiple people I interviewed with. I always had to contact the recruiter or the hiring manager myself after an interview. I felt like the whole process was very unorganized and really turned me off from the company.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions. Tell me a time when you were patient? Tell me a time when you were persistent? etc.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Long multi layered, personality testing, interview with 3 levels of management lots of repetition more interest in your personality than other slkill sets looking for someone who fits in with the group

Interview Questions

• The famous 3 words to describe yourself changed to 11 words   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I can tell you the recruitment department has no idea what they are doing so they clearly seem to take anyone they can and see who the managers will like. They were all over the place when talking to me, and never sent me the correct information. I was asked to drive to the city where I was interviewing for a day and they asked me to come super early so I did. I met with the VP of sales who gave me general questions, and at this point I learned that they were a low performing office. After I met with a manager and did a sales pitch which was quite easy (he told me I did really good) I went on the field ride. Which is where the red flags came up the sales rep was late to the business, and was in the business texting friends while talking to the client. If this is how a good sales rep acts I wouldn't want to work for this company. I walked out not wanting the job, and got my rejection letter days later

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in October 2014.

Interview

Three step process. First an easy phone interview, gives you the ins and outs of the company and full details of compensation. Second was a face to face interview which took a total of 20 minutes, nothing out of the ordinary. Third was an 8 hour long interview, complete with an hour and a half of interviews with different groups of people, then a 5 hour ride along with an existing sales representative, and ending with a role play. I didn't hear back from ADP after my final interview for a full two weeks, and when I called to follow up the HR rep told me that I should have gotten a call days ago.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult, I was actually asked to tell a funny story.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I had a phone interview which was very easy going and the employee was very informative and helpful. I applied online and the next day they called to set up a phone interview. I set up another interview with the VP of Sales.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

1st interview with VP of Sales
    2nd interview with a Sales Executive
    3rd interview was a ride along with a rep in the position
    4th interview was a role play

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in three words?
      Why should we hire you?
      How Will your previous experience help you in this role?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Really bizarre. I applied online and the interviewer told me it would be relaxed and casual but in about 1 minute they seemed to not care at all about what they were doing. They stated it was because of the season and whatnot. They asked the usual "Why ADP" and work experience questions. Interviewer seemed really uninterested and even bored, like this was something they had to do to meet quota.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. The three were generic. I felt like it was a pageantry contest more than anything. If you have a great social media profile, then hooray. I think that's what they're looking for, which I think is silly: not everyone wants to be plastered on the Internet.   Answer Question