ADP Interview Questions in Parsippany, NJ | Glassdoor

Interviews at ADP

2.9

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a standard phone interview that went extremely well. Came in for an interview with two Sales Managers, I confidently answered their questions. They had me come in again to shadow with one of their current "top sales people", which was fine except it was basically half the day of me cold-calling into gas stations, etc. selling them payroll to see if I could "do the job". I got the offer and started at the company, but left as soon as I accepted a higher offer.

Interview Questions

• Probably where I wanted to be in 5 years.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied via ADP's website then had an ADP employee refer me, email confirmation a couple weeks later, ADP sales administrator called me to discuss resume and to set up time with one on one interview with sales director, sales director in person interview, group interview in person with multiple sales directors. The in person interview went well, but they wanted someone more aggressive and experience with a quota requirement sales position. According to the sales director I was to meet again for a ride along and final interview, but I was notified via email that ADP will not be moving forward with my employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process for me has been long. I had my first phone interview the first or second week of September. It was your typical phone interview with an ADP recruiter. Asked about my background and things like that. Asked me three characteristics I possess that would allow me to successful in sales. It was a 30 minute interview and he had scheduled an interview with the VP of sales right on the phone for the following week. That second interview also went well. The VP of sales was very nice and easy to talk to. We just talked about my background and why I want a job in sales and why I'm not pursuing a career in law (I have a law degree). He seemed to like me and had emailed me shortly after the interview to schedule a 3rd interview session, a ride along with a sales rep, and a mock sales pitch all in one day. It is a very long day I got there a half hour early at 7:30 and didn't leave the office until about 5 or 5:30 because the sales rep I rode with had a meeting go longer than planned. There were 3 separate interviews in the morning with 2 sales executives for each one. I think I did very well in all my interviews and I personally think I did amazing on the mock sales pitch at the end of the day. This was my last interview which was on September 28th. It is now October 10th and I have yet to hear back from anyone. I have followed up multiple times to multiple people via email and phone calls. I have yet to get a response from anyone. I really am confident that I did well and that I will receive a job offer, but I've yet to hear back which isn't really that reassuring. I'm thinking no news right now is still good news though so hopefully I hear from them soon.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of being competitive in the work place.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an interview over the phone then was asked to come in for a face to face interview. The least, absolute least, this company could have is an automated email saying how they decided to choose other candidates for the position. It's been two weeks and nothing. Very disrespectful for such an established company.

Interview Questions

• The main question they consistently asked was how I would accept being told no   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone call.
    Next interview was in person with HR. He was the director of HR and made me feel so at ease. By far my best interview. The ADP recruitment team was always available when I had questions throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Very situational. Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer and what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was stated from the start how much I would make. No room for negotiation, but I felt I was offered a great starting rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was first a phone screen. I was so excited to recieve the second interview with two managers which went well. I recieved an email stating that I needed to meet with the VP for a third round interview. This process took about 3 weeks total, not to mention time spent missing out on work only to recieve and email saying that I was not a good fit for the position. I am very annoyed at this point because the position required no experience but a bachelor's degree which I do have. I also have some experience working in customer service so I really feel that personal feedback should have been given as to why they chose not to hire me. I felt alot of my time was wasted.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever promised a customer something you could not do? How did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process took, overall, about three weeks. I was contacted by an ADP recruiter to first have a phone screen which went well and was then asked to set up an on site interview with the manager of client services. I actually ended up interviewing with two people, which was unexpected, but I was ok with it. Interview lasted about 45-50 min. Interviewers made the interview very relaxed and easy going. I was very appreciative of that. I was then contacted two days later to set up a second interview with the VP of client services. This interview was very quick. More of a, let me see what kind of person you are and how you fit in, type of thing. The VP is a seemingly young guy but he is very nice. I was then contacted the following week that I was offered employment by the same ADP recruiter :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I personally thought the interview process for this entry level position was very intensive. I had a phone interview with a recruiter, then was given a online personality test and a online job preview of the type of job it would be. I went in and interviewed with two people and then sat down and was made to listen to a customer call and the asked me some questions about how I would handle it. I made it to the second round the same day and interviewed with my potential manager. I didn't get a offer, but I am glad I didn't. After reading the glassdoor reviews about the job and hearing more about the job in person, I knew this job wasn't for me. The job is basically you are the person in the call center helping customers with their issues. They said I would have scheduled breaks and a scheduled lunch.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 23, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and rating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Two days later, I was scheduled for a phone interview. After that, I received an online assessment to test my skills and check my personality. After passing those, I got invited to an in-person interview with two people in regards to my experience, personality, and career goals. Upon conclusion, I was told that the recruiter would be in touch with me.

One week later, on a day that I was on a cruise, I received a phone message from someone that they found someone else for the job. Based on their easy requirements listed on their job description, I found that to be quite suspicious.

Application

Interview

1) Phone interview
    2) Online Assessment
    3) In person interview

Was told in the phone interview it was NOT a call center job. Was told in person it IS a call center job. All of our time was wasted on this one!

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about starting over? What motivates you?   Answer Question