ADP Payroll Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Payroll Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

2.9

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I went through a phone screening for this position. She went over each role on my resume then went over each qualification for the job and asked if I had experience in it and how much. My interviewer also went over the typical questions like explaining different work scenarios you have been in

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 11, 2020

Thank you for sharing your insights into the ADP interview process. We appreciate your feedback.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Started with online application. Proceeded to phone screening with recruiter, than an online assessment, than a phone interview with two managers, followed by a face to face with two people within the department.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced at your current employer?   Answer Question

Mar 18, 2019

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I applied for the position online, HR contacted me regarding an initial pre-screen, my background fit their needs, set up in person interview with my hiring manager & team lead. Following the interview they made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic background, experience   1 Answer

Oct 8, 2018

Thank you for the review and rating and welcome to the ADP team. #workhappy

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I applied on their website and it took a couple days to get a phone interview. The phone interview was very awkward, they asked standard interview questions but because the person was typing while I talked he kept telling to wait so he could type. He said it would be about a week to hear something back if they wanted to move forward. I got an email within a couple hours to schedule a in person interview. I thought it went great but I never heard back. I contacted the recruiter a month later and she said the position was filled but they were trying to get approval for another. They got it approved and had me come in to talk to another manager, he told me I would know something within 2 weeks. It has now been 2 months since the phone interview and 2 weeks from my last interview. I still have not heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you encountered a problem at work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Jun 18, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor. We would love to know more specifics on your situation and if you feel comfortable, please contact adp_talent_community@adp.com - thank you.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Interview

Contacted for phone interview which lasted about 15-20 mins. Call was prompt and Hiring manager explained the job in detail. Set up follow up formal interview for the next day with 3 hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the position   1 Answer

Apr 27, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for the review and welcome to the ADP team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2018.

Interview

I was contacted from a staffing agency regarding a Payroll Specialist position. I had to get 2 interviews with the staffing agency before I got a phone interview. I spoke with an out of state hiring manager and we spoke about previous situations with companies I used to work at. She also asked me about my work history and what I know about their company. I got a call back 1 hr later for an in person interview. I met with the hiring manager and we only spoke about my work history. All smiles and I asked him questions about the culture. He said he liked me but needed a 2nd opinion so I had an interview with another manager. She was straight to the point. She never smiled, told me how stressful the position was, and no room for growth. I told her I love a challenge. After the interview, my recruiter wanted to follow up. Next day, I got a call stating I did not get the job because of my personality and not answering my behavioral questions correctly. I was not asked one behavioral question ("Tell me a time when"). The recruiter even expressed to me how this manager was and was upset because I was their number 1 candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ADP   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed with three well dressed, well spoken managers from the Implementation, Time and Attendance, and General Ledger background in a standard conference room. They appreciate eye contact, correct posture, relevant experience or some familiarity with the products ADP offers, and repeating the question posed: "How I would interact with an angered client is..." to show that you understand the question. Be complementary, but also relatable. No one cares if you were the class president. What they do care about is that while the secretary, you organized and led and inspired growth/change...etc. with some quantifiable amount: "organized a charity race raising $1000 for cancer research and adding 50 families to our mailer".

Interview Questions

• "What questions do you have for us?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Bothell, WA).

Interview

It was brief and a long time ago so I don't know how it is in the current day. ADP uses a lot of temp to hire through temp agencies and make you wait 6-12 month before becoming permanent.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Dec 26, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing you interview experience with us on Glassdoor.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ADP (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2017.

Interview

The process was surprisingly quicker than I expected. They assign you a recruiter & mine was great! She would email me frequently & would call me to check up on me.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Dec 4, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor and welcome to the ADP team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter over the phone. She stated whe would not and could not answer any question about the company. I asked her, As the recruited, what would you want new candidates and employees to know about ADP and culture? Her response, We are a great company and that is all I am goint to say. TWO THUMBS DOWN ADP, after those response I am not sure I want a call back for follow-up interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer is confused about a process.   Answer Question

Nov 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience. If you have any additional insights you wish to share, please contact us at adp_talent_communty@adp.com