ADP Payroll Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Payroll Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Allentown, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a few different departments within the building. Each person basically asked me the same thing. Everyone was very nice and I didn't feel intimidated at all. I was then offered a second interview, which was the next day. I came and sat with someone on the team, and got to see what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, Why I wanted to work for the company, what I knew about the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Initial interview and second interview are over the phone. These come if, and only if, you pass all the online processes and applications first. If you pass all the application, online processes, and the two phone interviews, you will then be given the opportunity to have an in-person interview. There can be another in-person interview before an offer, but not necessarily.

Interview Questions

I was offered a better fit at another company at the same time. The position I accepted also had a higher salary offering which cinched my decision.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I heard about the position through a recruiter and I met with the hiring manager about the role. It took about 2 - 3 weeks to start. ADP has a extensive background check process for contractors and full time associates.

Interview Questions

• How are you able to add value   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Augusta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

very lengthy and convoluted process and full of problems. The staff was very unorganized and it was difficult getting answers to my questions. The staff was also not very responsive getting back to prospective candidates in a timely manner. It was a bad experience and not enjoyable. In fact the morale at the company the whole time I worked there was extremely bad.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Interviewed with the recruiter only. The manager said he trusted the recruiters judgement so I didnt' have to interview with anyone at the company. I think I got lucky though.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Des Moines, IA) in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process about 2 months from start to finish. The background check took the most time as they wanted to verify some information from company that had since closed.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Got a call from someone in India 3 months after I applied.
    Next step was the Phone interviewer with the recruiter. She asked numerous questions.
    In person interviews with 2 payroll managers. They both will ask you questions. Why you want to work for ADP? What do you do at your current job? What do you do on a day to day basis? How many employees do you process??

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

My first interview was a phone call. It was the basic questions you would expect to receive to help them get to know you better. The next interview should be with a team-lead, however in my case i met directly with the two managers overseeing the department as well as a team lead. I was then hired several days later through my contracting firm. The normal process would have a 3rd (or 4th) interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• How can you reassure us that your skills will meet the needs of our company even though you may not have any experience in the field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My recruiter took care of this phase for me.

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Lynnwood, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

The hiring process can be tedious - takes them a long time to process paperwork, don't put down any schooling of any kind unless you have or have access to the paperwork to back it up. They really focus on excel skills, payroll skill level. You usually interview with the hiring manager first then a 2nd interview with 2 people. If your hired then the corporate office takes over the hiring process from that point. If your paperwork is in order it should only take a couple weeks, if they have to send for or you have to find back up documentation it take up to 4-6 weeks before you actually start working.

Interview Questions

• What level would you rate your excel skills at, What level would you rate your payroll knowledge at, what are your long term goals, do you want to advance your career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

They have a nice office and the company's HR personnel work with you to schedule interviews at your convenience. First interview is normally over the phone with HR who vets qualifications. If you move past that, then you normally have the first interview on-site. Then you get a follow-up phone or on-site interview after which you get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at ADP? This question seems to be key to every interview, they want to know what your motivation is.   1 Answer