ADP Payroll Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Payroll Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Augusta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I just did a phone interview. We talked for about 30 mins. I was asked a lot about myself and what skills I brought to the table. They said the process take 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to resolve a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Tempe, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Got an in-person interview about a week and a half later. Very professional, yet friendly. Took about 45 minutes. Asked questions relating to the position and personal experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied and has a phone interview the next day. Passed very simple questions about your experience etc. face to face interview was scheduled a couple of days later. Immediately the guy kept asking me why I wanted to work at ADP, and kept mentioning I had no previous call center experience so he wasn't sure about me. At one point he wanted me to talk to him in Spanish (which I know, but is not a job requirement) told me they would let me know in a couple of days but it turned out to take a month. Definitely the worst interviewer I've come across.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

My first interview was a phone call. It was the basic questions you would expect to receive to help them get to know you better. The next interview should be with a team-lead, however in my case i met directly with the two managers overseeing the department as well as a team lead. I was then hired several days later through my contracting firm. The normal process would have a 3rd (or 4th) interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• How can you reassure us that your skills will meet the needs of our company even though you may not have any experience in the field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My recruiter took care of this phase for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ADP (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I received an email the same day after I applied online. I scheduled my phone interview on Monday the interviewer called me on time and asked a bunch of questions. Why should I be considered for the position, If I was willing to relocated, Percentage of travel I was willing to do, and if I had any payroll experience. The interviewer stated I would be notified if I was to move on in the hiring process, but it's going on 3 weeks and I still haven't received a call. I checked online for my status it is still stating they will contact me if I have been moved along in the hiring process. After 2-3 and I haven't heard anything I'm pretty sure I didn't get it, but like any job you must have 3 years experience after you have a college degree.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I heard about the position through a recruiter and I met with the hiring manager about the role. It took about 2 - 3 weeks to start. ADP has a extensive background check process for contractors and full time associates.

Interview Questions

• How are you able to add value   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Interviewed with the recruiter only. The manager said he trusted the recruiters judgement so I didnt' have to interview with anyone at the company. I think I got lucky though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

They have a nice office and the company's HR personnel work with you to schedule interviews at your convenience. First interview is normally over the phone with HR who vets qualifications. If you move past that, then you normally have the first interview on-site. Then you get a follow-up phone or on-site interview after which you get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at ADP? This question seems to be key to every interview, they want to know what your motivation is.   1 Answer

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Got a call from someone in India 3 months after I applied.
    Next step was the Phone interviewer with the recruiter. She asked numerous questions.
    In person interviews with 2 payroll managers. They both will ask you questions. Why you want to work for ADP? What do you do at your current job? What do you do on a day to day basis? How many employees do you process??

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Initial interview and second interview are over the phone. These come if, and only if, you pass all the online processes and applications first. If you pass all the application, online processes, and the two phone interviews, you will then be given the opportunity to have an in-person interview. There can be another in-person interview before an offer, but not necessarily.

Interview Questions

I was offered a better fit at another company at the same time. The position I accepted also had a higher salary offering which cinched my decision.