ADP Payroll Specialist Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 57 of over 3.3K interviews

Recruiter8%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

ADP

Application

I interviewed at ADP

Interview

phone interview which was about my knowledge of systems, a few difficult questions and then an English test via email. It was a good interview but no flexibility with pay.

Interview Questions
  • How familiar are you with *insert super technical description of job duty*?
    1 Answer

ADP

Application

I interviewed at ADP

Interview

I was told to study and know all this stuff about the company. I spent hours researching and memorizing only to not even be asked a single thing about any of it. They mainly spent the whole time telling me I would be required to stay until every company submitted their payroll. If it took until 2 am for that company to submit, I had to stay. But I would be allowed to go home early at the end of the week so I wouldn’t go over 40 hours.

Interview Questions
  • Can you stay as long as needed to help the client finish payroll?
2 people found this interview helpful

ADP

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP

Interview

I went through a phone screening for this position. She went over each role on my resume then went over each qualification for the job and asked if I had experience in it and how much. My interviewer also went over the typical questions like explaining different work scenarios you have been in

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Halifax, NS) in Jul 2019

Interview

I applied online, and took 1 month to get a phone interview about 15 mins. Then the face to face interview with manager and he told me no more interview and the result will be told in one week. But I didn't hear any thing from them....

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in Mar 2019

Interview

Started with online application. Proceeded to phone screening with recruiter, than an online assessment, than a phone interview with two managers, followed by a face to face with two people within the department.

Interview Questions
  • What was the biggest challenge you faced at your current employer?

ADP

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP

Interview

I applied for the position online, HR contacted me regarding an initial pre-screen, my background fit their needs, set up in person interview with my hiring manager & team lead. Following the interview they made an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ADP

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at ADP

Interview

I applied on their website and it took a couple days to get a phone interview. The phone interview was very awkward, they asked standard interview questions but because the person was typing while I talked he kept telling to wait so he could type. He said it would be about a week to hear something back if they wanted to move forward. I got an email within a couple hours to schedule a in person interview. I thought it went great but I never heard back. I contacted the recruiter a month later and she said the position was filled but they were trying to get approval for another. They got it approved and had me come in to talk to another manager, he told me I would know something within 2 weeks. It has now been 2 months since the phone interview and 2 weeks from my last interview. I still have not heard anything.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you encountered a problem at work and how did you overcome it?

ADP

Application

I interviewed at ADP

Interview

Contacted for phone interview which lasted about 15-20 mins. Call was prompt and Hiring manager explained the job in detail. Set up follow up formal interview for the next day with 3 hiring managers.

Interview Questions
  • What did I know about the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Phoenix, AZ) in Apr 2018

Interview

I was contacted from a staffing agency regarding a Payroll Specialist position. I had to get 2 interviews with the staffing agency before I got a phone interview. I spoke with an out of state hiring manager and we spoke about previous situations with companies I used to work at. She also asked me about my work history and what I know about their company. I got a call back 1 hr later for an in person interview. I met with the hiring manager and we only spoke about my work history. All smiles and I asked him questions about the culture. He said he liked me but needed a 2nd opinion so I had an interview with another manager. She was straight to the point. She never smiled, told me how stressful the position was, and no room for growth. I told her I love a challenge. After the interview, my recruiter wanted to follow up. Next day, I got a call stating I did not get the job because of my personality and not answering my behavioral questions correctly. I was not asked one behavioral question ("Tell me a time when"). The recruiter even expressed to me how this manager was and was upset because I was their number 1 candidate.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ)

Interview

Interviewed with three well dressed, well spoken managers from the Implementation, Time and Attendance, and General Ledger background in a standard conference room. They appreciate eye contact, correct posture, relevant experience or some familiarity with the products ADP offers, and repeating the question posed: "How I would interact with an angered client is..." to show that you understand the question. Be complementary, but also relatable. No one cares if you were the class president. What they do care about is that while the secretary, you organized and led and inspired growth/change...etc. with some quantifiable amount: "organized a charity race raising $1000 for cancer research and adding 50 families to our mailer".

Interview Questions
  • "What questions do you have for us?"
Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 Interviews