ADP Interview Questions in Roseland, NJ | Glassdoor

2.7

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position in mid-March. I heard back a few days later and had a phone interview scheduled for the end of the month, after which I was required to send over a few PowerPoint and writing samples to see if I would move on to the next stage. I was glad to hear that I would move on to the next stage, and I had an interview scheduled for the first week of April.

The original recruiter I spoke with was suddenly out of office, so I was connected with a new recruiter to take me through the process. After my first in-person interview, I emailed the person I had met with to thank them for their time, and waited to hear back. I heard back from the recruiter a few days later, mid-April, and was told that I had two interviews to be scheduled. The interviews were scheduled on the same day, at the end of April, and once again I sent follow-up emails to those I had met with.

After this meeting, I did not hear any updates unless I reached out to the recruiter or hiring manager myself. I waited five business days before reaching out each time, and was told that there were still decisions being made as the team was deciding between two candidates. Finally, in mid-May, I heard back that there would be a fourth in-person interview. I was excited to hear back, albeit a bit miffed it had taken a bit of time.

After my final in-person interview, I did not hear back until I reached out to the recruiter at the end of May. I kept being told that I would hear back by a certain date; that date would pass and I would hear nothing. Finally, in the first week of June (a week after I was told final decisions would be made), I heard from the recruiter that ADP had gone with the other candidate.

At this point, I was not angry that I did not receive an offer - I was upset that my time had been seemingly wasted. I understand there were certain extenuating circumstances, but there are no reasons that this process should take 3 months. I applied in mid-March and finally received resolution in June. I hope ADP rectifies this to ensure no one else has to go through this process in such a negative manner.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jun 26, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for your thorough review. We will use this review to better our interview process and share with our HR teams.

Enterprise Monitoring Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on ADP site..
    I received a call for HR screening. HR discussed salary expectations..$130K base + benefits
    Later I did on get mail for further interviews, on sending mail to HR, I was informed my salary expectations were higher.. I reduced the salary expectation to $115K base..

Then HR scheduled a telephone interview... After the telephone interview face to face interview was arranged with 4 people..

Interview Questions

• Initial interview questions about my experience with monitoring tools which they were using as well..
      Later interviewers were expecting more programming skills.. and not just scripting knowledge in HP vugen...
      They plan to build APIs for monitoring and hence need a person who is more of a programmer.
      some of the programming questions asked:
      What is your favorite language?
      How do you count lines in Unix?   Answer Question

Senior Automation Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

it was in person in NJ there were looking for who has a good lead experience so I very fit enough for there requirement. there were three rounds of of interview.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 21, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for your evaluation of the ADP interview experience and welcome to the ADP team.

Human Capital Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of:

1. A phone screen with the recruiter
    2. A video interview with the hiring manager - 2 weeks later
    3. An in person interview with the hiring manager - 1 week after video interview
    4. In person interviews with the 5 key stakeholders 2 weeks later
    5. A final interview with the hiring manager. 2 weeks later

After the final interview, I was advised by the hiring manager that the recruiter would contact me with a status update on my candidacy. I sent an update email to the recruiter when I hadn't heard anything in 10 business days (clear indication that I was not a candidate for an offer) and the response that I received was that an offer was extended to another candidate. I did not receive any direct feedback on my candidacy other than my meetings went well but the role changed and they decided to go in a different direction.

I'm ok that I didn't receive an offer but it is clear to me that while I was not their candidate of choice for this role, I'm not a fit for the organization and will likely not hear from ADP again.

Interview Questions

• How would partner with your clients?   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I had 2 great phone interviews and 1 great in-person team interview. I was called back for an person interview with the hiring manager. She kept me waiting 20 minutes, didn't apologize, never made eye contact and based on the questions she asked, she had not read my resume. I was a fan of the company but not anymore.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jul 28, 2016 – Project Specialist

Sorry for the unfortunate experience. We have escalated to our Roseland recruitment team.

MBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ).

Interview

Two round of interviews - one with the HR and another with the hiring manager for 30 mins. After these two rounds they invite you to the office. It could be a different office based on the team that you are recruiting for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where members of your team were not onboard with your ideas and how did you convince them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a significant project that you did and the results achieved?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a B2B product that you like? Why? What kind of features would you add?   Answer Question
    • Think about three futuristic features of a payroll solutions.   Answer Question

MBA SummerHuman Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews. First and second were phone interviews that dealt with standard questions about experience and background and then behavioral interview questions. The third/final round was in person interviews with four different people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you convinced someone or a team to go ahead with an idea that was different from the way things were done.   Answer Question
    • Why ADP?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the key skills an HR professional needs to have?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very long and quite thorough. It would be a good idea to ask for a list of items you will need ahead of time. They would add a new question as they received an answer. Could have had all the info at one time.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a prospect that said" Not intertested"   Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume in the career fair and got a call from them about 2 weeks later. Had 3 rounds in all - 2 telephone interviews (1 behavioral and 1 resume based) and then I was called for an on-site interview. Here there were a mix of resume based and project management questions.

The interviews went really smooth as the interviewers wanted to know your chain of thought and how you approach the problem rather than the final answer.

Interview Questions

• If you cannot complete a project in the promised time, what aspect would you sacrifice? Quality or scope   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through my college and got an interview call within a week. There were three rounds one at my college and one round with a team member who wants to recruit me and the third with my manager.