ADP SBS District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP SBS District Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP (Louisville, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

For over a month now I have been in an "interview process" with ADP. It's taken forever for me to get any sort of feedback from them. I started with a basic phone interview followed by a facetime interview about a week and a half later. I emailed the lady I facetimed with a thank you email and had no response for a week. She finally responded and said she would like me to go on a ride along. I then got an email from a recruiter telling me I made it to the final interview process, confirming my ride along time, and telling me to prepare for the role play portion. I did my ride along last Wednesday (1 week ago) and sent the girl I rode with, the recruiter, and the hiring manager all a thank you email. I have yet to hear back and am just expecting a rejection email at this time. I know for a fact I am very qualified for this position and I think the way the interview process was handled is very unprofessional. It's been honestly a waste of my time with so little feedback. I do not recommend interviewing for this company as there are many more professional companies who will respect your time a little more.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you failed at something and how did you deal?   Answer Question

ADP Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing you experience with us. We would like to know more about you situation, especially if you still have not heard back from your recruitment team. Please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com if you wish to share more details.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I interviewed 4 times, starting with a phone interview, then f-t-f, meeting with all of the sales managers, and a ride-a-long. The different managers had very different styles, so of course I clicked better with some than the others - this certainly added to the pressure

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for your assessment of the ADP Philly sales interview and welcome to ADP.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Culver City, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Screening call with a recruiter, in-person interview with the VP of Sales, 'field day' ride-along and interview with the Sales Executives. The call with the recruiter was largely focused on my previous experiences and work history - recruiter was engaged and very friendly. Interview with the VP of Sales was mostly focused on my personal attributes and how they have impacted my sales career. VP was very friendly and engaging as well. Field day was a full-day ride-along style interview with a current District Manager. It was interesting. Its a great opportunity to see a 'day-in-the-life' of the role, though I did spend nearly two hours in 'roll call' meetings at the beginning of the day. I ended the day with a quick interview with two of their Sales Executives, who were mostly interested in my sales experiences and how adept I was at selling. Sales Execs told me I would hear back within 1-2 days. One week later, I received an email stating they were pursuing other candidates. Receiving the news via email after their stated timeframe was upsetting considering I had met with so many individuals and spent and entire day with their staff.

Perhaps it's fitting for a turn-and-burn outside sales position.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics does someone need to have to be great at sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

5 step process. Phone interview, one on one interview, group panel interview, ride along, and presentation.

It's a long process because they want you to see if you're going to love the job. They have high turnover and is a very difficult job.

Negotiation

no negotions

SBS District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Applied online and the interview process was very unorganized. It took about 4 weeks while being rescheduled 4 times with the same interview being done twice by the same person. Should have been 3 interviews: 1. Phone screen 2. Interview with manager 3. Interview with manager while seeing a case study and role playing a sales scenario. I was on 4 interviews repeating the second interview twice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing during the interview was out of the ordinary or that hard. I would say if I had to mention something the role play would be the toughest thing but not all that hard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate. It's a take it or leave it offer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1. Phone Interview with Recruiter
    2. Face-to-face with VP of sales - be able to say why you want to work for ADP and why you would do well in an outside sales position. Have examples to support your reasons.
    3. Field ride with a current rep - saw them working with banks, CPAs and prospecting. Ask a lot of questions and take notes. It was fun!
    4. Meeting with managers and Role Play - met with 2 managers and they role played what I saw in the field. They wanted to make sure I was paying attention and picked up on what the rep was doing.

Interview Questions

• Role Play - they had me take what I learned on the field ride (pay attention and take notes!) and role play it with the managers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base salary is not negotiable but it increases with my performance so I know if i want to make more I can earn it.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Fairly easy with phone screen, face to face, role play, and final interview with manager. They ask general sales questions, remember this is an entry level job. Liked what they had to offer and accepted position.

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADP (Culver City, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Recruiters will set up an initial phone interview. Then you will be passed to the hiring manager. They will interview with you and then have to meet with other sales managers. The hiring manager will then have a last interview with you. Sometimes role plays are involved.They ask very typical interview questions. The office was very friendly to interviewees.

Interview Questions

• During the role play, they will give you objections to overcome   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can't negotiate salary, compensation, etc., and they want you the start ASAP but you can negotiate the starting date if you give a valid reason.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Knoxville, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

Over the phone interview and then face to face in Knoxville. Traveled to Nashville for panel interview. Another phone interview with HR. Asked to come in and got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself and why you think you would be a good fit for ADP.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Contact corporate recruiter, if she thinks you are a good fit then you have a phone interview with the VP of sales. I he thinks you can make it then you go in the field with a rep. If you like what you see then you have an interview with your direct manager or someone at the same position. Then you get a call to let you know if you are hired. The process might take around 3 months.

Interview Questions

• This is probably not unexpected but they really like outgoing people. I am a little introverted and felt out of my comfort zone because most managers have type A personalities and are really outgoing. I am a really good sales rep and had to show them that I can get the job done even if our personalities are not similar.   1 Answer

Negotiation

base salary is the same for everyone in this position. There is not much to negotiate.