ADP SBS District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP SBS District Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1. Phone Interview with Recruiter
2. Face-to-face with VP of sales - be able to say why you want to work for ADP and why you would do well in an outside sales position. Have examples to support your reasons.
3. Field ride with a current rep - saw them working with banks, CPAs and prospecting. Ask a lot of questions and take notes. It was fun!
4. Meeting with managers and Role Play - met with 2 managers and they role played what I saw in the field. They wanted to make sure I was paying attention and picked up on what the rep was doing.

Interview Questions

• Role Play - they had me take what I learned on the field ride (pay attention and take notes!) and role play it with the managers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base salary is not negotiable but it increases with my performance so I know if i want to make more I can earn it.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADP (Culver City, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Recruiters will set up an initial phone interview. Then you will be passed to the hiring manager. They will interview with you and then have to meet with other sales managers. The hiring manager will then have a last interview with you. Sometimes role plays are involved.They ask very typical interview questions. The office was very friendly to interviewees.

Interview Questions

• During the role play, they will give you objections to overcome   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can't negotiate salary, compensation, etc., and they want you the start ASAP but you can negotiate the starting date if you give a valid reason.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Contact corporate recruiter, if she thinks you are a good fit then you have a phone interview with the VP of sales. I he thinks you can make it then you go in the field with a rep. If you like what you see then you have an interview with your direct manager or someone at the same position. Then you get a call to let you know if you are hired. The process might take around 3 months.

Interview Questions

• This is probably not unexpected but they really like outgoing people. I am a little introverted and felt out of my comfort zone because most managers have type A personalities and are really outgoing. I am a really good sales rep and had to show them that I can get the job done even if our personalities are not similar.   1 Answer

Negotiation

base salary is the same for everyone in this position. There is not much to negotiate.

SBS District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP in June 2010.

Interview

There first is a phone interview, next was a field ride and the final was a roleplay and meeting with the VP of sales. The field ride was a full day in the field and you get to see what a day in the life of the role looks like. The roleplay mainly consisted of him wanting to make sure I closed for the sale.

Interview Questions

• "If you were not at your quota and it was the last day of the month, where would you turn to in order to get business?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate. It is a starting base salary plus commission structure that is already mapped out by region.

SBS District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Applied online and the interview process was very unorganized. It took about 4 weeks while being rescheduled 4 times with the same interview being done twice by the same person. Should have been 3 interviews: 1. Phone screen 2. Interview with manager 3. Interview with manager while seeing a case study and role playing a sales scenario. I was on 4 interviews repeating the second interview twice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing during the interview was out of the ordinary or that hard. I would say if I had to mention something the role play would be the toughest thing but not all that hard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate. It's a take it or leave it offer

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

5 step process. Phone interview, one on one interview, group panel interview, ride along, and presentation.

It's a long process because they want you to see if you're going to love the job. They have high turnover and is a very difficult job.

Negotiation

no negotions

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Irvine, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter through school lead to 20 minute screening where recruiter provides advice for what they will ask/want to hear. Few days later: in person interview with a VP of region. Following week: in person interview with managers, some panel, some individual. Few days later ride along with current employee and then a silly interview with management to determine your "awareness" for "pain points" All very easy if you are articulate.

Interview Questions

• "Give me an example when..." "When was a time you failed/succeeded" "Describe what it takes to do this job"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room to negotiate salary. You should try to negotiate general territory or manager as you interview with all of them.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (San Diego, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

There is an initial phone interview, then a interview with the sales executive, then an interview with at least 3 managers. Then there is a background check and then they offer you a position or they don't.

Interview Questions

• Interviewing with all 5 managers can be a challenge, but al of them are very nice and ask great questions to make you feel comfortable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Great 2 way evaluation. Very thorough. First you interview in person, then you go on a. Field ride with a current employee and finally you do a sales role play.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, what motivates you, how much you want to make...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Culver City, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Screening call with a recruiter, in-person interview with the VP of Sales, 'field day' ride-along and interview with the Sales Executives. The call with the recruiter was largely focused on my previous experiences and work history - recruiter was engaged and very friendly. Interview with the VP of Sales was mostly focused on my personal attributes and how they have impacted my sales career. VP was very friendly and engaging as well. Field day was a full-day ride-along style interview with a current District Manager. It was interesting. Its a great opportunity to see a 'day-in-the-life' of the role, though I did spend nearly two hours in 'roll call' meetings at the beginning of the day. I ended the day with a quick interview with two of their Sales Executives, who were mostly interested in my sales experiences and how adept I was at selling. Sales Execs told me I would hear back within 1-2 days. One week later, I received an email stating they were pursuing other candidates. Receiving the news via email after their stated timeframe was upsetting considering I had met with so many individuals and spent and entire day with their staff.

Perhaps it's fitting for a turn-and-burn outside sales position.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics does someone need to have to be great at sales?   1 Answer