ADP Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

3.2

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

First I interviewed over the phone. Then I had an in-person interview at their offices in Houston with the VP of sales, and there were 3 more in-person interviews following that.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other applicants your age trying to get into this industry?   1 Answer

Nov 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn who had apparently 'reviewed' my profile and found me to be a match. Scheduled a phone interview: the first question was to tell the recruiter more about myself and why I am interested in ADP. Two minutes into the conversation, the recruiter decides to ask me to target things more oriented towards my educational track, and hangs up- despite having 'reviewed' my profile and reaching out on their own. I never really write about such experiences, but I think their 'Review' process definitely needs improvement. For such a large organization dealing in HR, not so much with the professionalism yourselves, ADP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself and why you are interested in ADP.   Answer Question

May 15, 2017 – Project Specialist

Hello - your interview brings up many questions for us as an HR organization and trying to improve our interview processes - if you could reach out to us with more details... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was a group interview with the sales team leaders. It was me and the six of them and it was pretty standard. It was a very speedy process and I knew very quickly whether or not I had the job.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 22, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and feedback.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

In and out interview with sales manager after phone interview where we discussed the pros and cons of what I had to offer the company also rather or not I'd be a good fit

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank your for the analysis of your ADP LA Sales interview. Welcome to the team.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with this company and talked to 8 people and each one just interrogated me. Nobody was concerned with learning about my skills or abilities instead they criticized everything about me. They asked questions based on assumptions they made.

Example: When I told them my major GPA was higher in college then my overall GPA because I excel better in thing I'm interested about and passionate about they said "so when your not interested in something you give up or put in any effort"

I have never been as bullied by grown adults as I was these employees. When I asked my friend who worked there she said they are mean during interviews to test a candidates strength. However, my friend who recently graduated and was a male athlete interviewed here and did not get the same treatment. It was clear to be that I had to prove my strength and he did not because I was female and he was a male so they already saw him as stronger than me.

ADP IS A SEXIST COMPANY. DO NOT WORK HERE.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jan 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Hello and thank you for providing your insight into your experience interviewing for ADP. ADP values creating and maintaining a workspace free of harassment. ADP take steps necessary to prevent... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Florham Park, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

There was a 3 step part of the interview process. The first step was a quick 20-30 min phone screening (very easy). The second part included two interviews with teams of two. Here they gauged if you could be a good fit for the company/position and proceeded to go more in depth about what the job entailed. The last interview was to present a sales pitch to a team of three over the phone. This lasted about 30-35 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Initiated with a phone interview through ADP recruiter that included general questions. Then recruiter set up an in-person interview. That process started with a host taking me to breakfast and asking if I had any questions or concerns. She encouraged me to ask about the interview process. I did and she had very general responses that were unhelpful, but eased the setting. We then went back to the office and I was introduced to a few team members and and the manager. The manager introduced himself and then had to "run" and said he would be back to chat more later on. Then my host took me to a cubicle and gave me a stack of prospective leads and script to read from. She said I could make some calls until the manager returned. I asked her a few questions about the leads, the script, and then proceeded to make some call. Left voicemails for a few leads and then asked the host a few more questions in regards to scenarios and responses to prospects over the phone. I called a few more leads and got a lead to setup a visit. Afterwards I asked the host about the visit process and she said "don't worry about it" and I followed up by asking "what are my expectations with these leads and if the interview process was going to continue before lunch. She said she was unsure and that we were just waiting for the manager to return. After a couple of hours, the manager returned and we went into another room where the interview was held. The interview went well and they were impressed with my presentation and then they proceeded to go around the room and each gave their reason why they weren't going to extend an offer. They all spoke highly of themselves essentially saying "when I interviewed I closed 'X' amount of leads and made 'X' amount of calls, and that's what we're looking for." Then they proceeded to tell me I didn't make enough phone calls or close enough leads. While I can understand the tactic, it was a waste of 3 hours. They encouraged questions but were very short and cold to any questions I had, very contradicting. And while "waiting for the manager to return" my host and the surrounding employees chatted and made a handful of phone calls. Very deceptive and inefficient interview.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 23, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us on Glassdoor. If you have any additional insights you wish to share on you interview experience, please contact us at... More

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about two weeks. Call with recruiter then call with VP sales manager for the area I applied in. Then you have to follow up with the recruiter to ensure your next steps in the process.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

3 interviews, ride day, final role play interview. anxious for new hires, as there is lot of turnover. reps are mostly professional and speak highly of the company. not bad overall

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ).

Interview

Fun and energetic people who seemed to be open about the process and how the company is run. Called me the day I applied which as a new grad was pretty cool and made me more anxious for the opportunity. The interview was pretty basic no major curve balls or anything that sticks out

Other opportunities