ADP Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

3.1

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn who had apparently 'reviewed' my profile and found me to be a match. Scheduled a phone interview: the first question was to tell the recruiter more about myself and why I am interested in ADP. Two minutes into the conversation, the recruiter decides to ask me to target things more oriented towards my educational track, and hangs up- despite having 'reviewed' my profile and reaching out on their own. I never really write about such experiences, but I think their 'Review' process definitely needs improvement. For such a large organization dealing in HR, not so much with the professionalism yourselves, ADP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself and why you are interested in ADP.   Answer Question

ADP Response

May 15, 2017 – Project Specialist

Hello - your interview brings up many questions for us as an HR organization and trying to improve our interview processes - if you could reach out to us with more details... More

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was a group interview with the sales team leaders. It was me and the six of them and it was pretty standard. It was a very speedy process and I knew very quickly whether or not I had the job.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 22, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Florham Park, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

There was a 3 step part of the interview process. The first step was a quick 20-30 min phone screening (very easy). The second part included two interviews with teams of two. Here they gauged if you could be a good fit for the company/position and proceeded to go more in depth about what the job entailed. The last interview was to present a sales pitch to a team of three over the phone. This lasted about 30-35 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Milpitas, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

ADP was very professional and I had a nice experience. It was very professional and had a very through interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good salesmen if you don't have that much sales experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

Very straight forward interview process, I was contacted after applying online. It seemed like they do a lot of these interviews, and that turnover was high. They were looking specifically for sales experience. All questions were basic interview questions that if you have been on a professional interview before you have seen.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a sales call right now, how would you sell me the product?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADP in July 2013.

Interview

There were no questions that were virtually difficult. They made me wait an hour in the waiting room to be called in, only to be disrespected by two employees. Overall it was an unprofessional interview leaving me feeling as to why I wasted my time going.

Interview Questions

• No specific question was hard, but the people conducting interview were very unprofessional   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Several general questions of your strengths & weaknesses and behavioral questions. The recruiter is more interested in your personality and energy in the responses rather than your answers. They really focus on whether or not you're able to sell their products in the interview since it is a sales position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

After submitting my resume I was contacted about a week later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was set up with a face to face interview. Following the interview it's either an e-mail or hopefully a phone call.

Interview Questions

• I see you have had an internship with this company, why didn't you apply for ADP's internship?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ADP (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

A lot of basic questions; strengths, weaknesses, behavioral questions. The person interviewing you is not necessarily interested in your answers but rather your personality/energy in the responses. You are applying for a sales position so they are basically seeing if they could see you selling their product in the situation of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be first in the office in sales and not have people in the office like you; or seventh in performance in the office but everyone is calling you after work wanting to hang out socially?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I approached ADP specifically for a sales role. I have among the best experience in employee benefits and I wanted to leverage with a payroll company.

I got a call back from a recruiter who had a ego, and yelled at me for not being able to hear me. I was outdoors and an airplanes were flying low in Coronado that day, which is normal bc of the navy base.

I managed to get an in person interview with a team. This team was so cute. They looked 15, it was just no good. They make it all about having chemistry with them.

Later I learned that their staff moonlights as health insurance brokers and they, the interviewees would do what they could for ADP to not hire me. This to protect their side business. Employers think ADP is their broker, but the real broker on record is an ADP employee that is selling outside of the ADP name, they're basically cheating their company.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Well, I guess having to deal with the fake questions. Typical tell me about yourself.
      - I wanted to address my accomplishments and the potential business I could bring to the company.
      - It was tough to interview with kids who have not accomplished much, and know little.   1 Answer