ADP Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Sales Representative

ADP Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ADP (Greenville, SC) in October 2009.

Interview

Phone interview was great. took the assessment test and passed. Went to interview and they sounded very interested in getting me back for another interview. Said they would contact me later that week...been 3 weeks...no calls or emails. I guess they forgot how to be professional to their potential employees.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Princeton, NJ) in December 2009.

Interview

Basically you have a phone interview with a local recruiter, and then go onto the 1:1 interview with the VP of Sales. It's all pretty much straightforward; mostly want know what type of person you are, whether you could represent the company well, and be successful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Locks, CT

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Windsor Locks, CT) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process was made very clear if asked. I met the recruiters at a Career Fair and had to do IQ/personality test in order to make to to the 1 on 1 process. If you pass this step then you are taken to talk to two different sales managers on the same day. Then you are asked to go out on the field to see what you would be doing if you are offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP (Nashville, TN) in March 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recuiter who did a phone screen and then asked me to come to a face to face with a sales manager that same week. I came to the face to face with the manager only to be informed promtly that there was "no position available" and that "they are always interviewing because it is a sales position and they never know when they are going to have to fill it at a moments notice." I was asked questions about my background and what are "three weaknesses about me?" REALLY??? 3??? I need to also point out that this manager was chewing gum and checking his email on his blackberry the entire 15 min. interview. I was also told that I would bring "maturity" to this location as he has a"bunch of young kids infighting over territories and such." For the record I'm 37 so if 37 is too mature for a professional sales position I guess you shouldn't bother with ADP. This manager should also NOT be interviewing!!!!
    At the end I asked if there was any reason why I couldn't move to the next step with ADP and go on the "ride along?" He said no but "if you don't hear from me by next Weds, call me." I sent the recuiter an email asking if sending people on interviews for a position that was posted online, and she recruited me for that "doesn't exist" is standard procedure for ADP- no response. I did follow-up with the sales manager that following Wed.- no response. WHAT A HUGE WASTE OF MY TIME!!!!
    Thank God I have an offer from a REAL company that appreciates my talent...don't waste you time with ADP at least in Nashville.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Sacramento, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional comany I have ever interviewed with!!!!

They tell you to call them back and don't return phone calls. I felt like they wasted so much of my time.

First was the phone Interview, then an interview with the VP and then meet with two managers, then a ride-along (VP told me that at this point they want to hire me, the ride-along is to make sure that I want the job). AND THEN the VP asked me to come in AGAIN!! ( Just to see how the ride-along went, can't you talk on the phone I have a job too!)

So after all of that, he told me that they are going with someone who lives closer to the Territory, when they knew exactly where I lived before dragging be through this process! They had no regard for my time and requiring me to ask for so much time off.

I can't warn you enouth- they are sooo unprofessional, and who wants to work for a company that would treat you so bad in the interwiew process.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 of your qualities that would make you a good fit for this job.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you displayed your competativeness.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Miami, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

Very drawn out. 2 Phone Interviews, 2 In Person Interviews for a total of 4 interviews. Offered Position, Declined Position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last position.   1 Answer
    • What are your negative aspects?   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to come work with us?   1 Answer

Competing offer within the same time frame.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP (Portland, OR) in September 2010.

Interview

Interview was somewhat smooth and the manager seemed a bit aggressive, which is okay for a sales interview. He told me to shoot him an email highlighting all the events that we discussed throughout the interview, which I promptly did. The questions were standard, he wanted to know about my background and what I was 'bringing to the table'. At the end of the interview process, I never received a call back or even an email to be notified that I did not receive the position. I called them to ask and they let me know that they would let me know soon, but never did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Denver, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

I first sent my resume to the local recruiter that I found using LinkedIn. I received a follow up a couple days later and an application to fill out. She then told me that she would forward my information to regional sales recruiter. I received a call from him a couple days later and had a phone interview with him at that moment. I passed and he said he would send talk to the local sales VP and determine if I get a face to face interview. He then called and scheduled a face to face for the following week. The recruiter sent me tips on how to succeed in the interview and I would suggest following these options. I went in and interviewed with the VP and you MUST ask for the position. He then said I could go to the next step which would be a ride along the next week but I was leaving for a trip. He then brought in a panel and they interviewed me but I have NO sales experience. They said they would allow me to proceed if I would cold call for 2 hours..really? I had already been there for several hours but I did it anyways. I then left and followed up with the VP who gave me the number to a sales manager whom I called and left several messages for but never heard back. I could've tried harder to get in touch with him but determined that was not for me!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP (Louisville, KY) in September 2011.

Interview

The recruiter accepted my time and day for the recruiter to interview and the time came and went. questioning the professionalism of recruiter. don't really want my good reputation tarnished by a recruiter that drops this kind of ball. wait and see how it proceeds.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process included two phone interviews. The first was pretty basic, just verifying information from my application and resume. The second was more involved posing different scenarios and asking how I would handle them. Then I went in for a one on one interview that lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked back to job shadow a representative for a day, followed by about 30 minutes of actual cold calling.

Interview Questions

• How do you get past the secretary to so you can meet with the decision maker?   Answer Question
    • Are you good at handling rejection?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was my first job offer out of college and I accepted what was offered.