ADP Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The actual interview went fine. Good back and forth communication. Really it felt just like a conversation between new friends. The negative aspect comes from the fact that I was interviewed for a position different than what I applied for and actually wanted. This was discovered at the end of the interview when indisclosed that I was not interested in a management role. The interviewer asked why I applied for one then? We went our separate ways but that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jun 5, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for the confusion.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Standard process. Phone Screening followed by two interviews. The first interview is a face to face with a manager, and attempts to go through your information and background. The final interview is an entire day in the office, and then in the field, with the interview and mock sales meeting at the end.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Plain and dry. There was no dialogue like a typical interview. I really felt like I was interviewing with a robot programmed to record responses and then move on to the next question. I can't hold it entirely against the company as every individual is different, but I also have to believe that part of the experience was reflective of the training.

Interview Questions

• What was a personal experience that really set the stage for who you are today and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Jun 12, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback on your interview experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Hand an over the phone interview and an in person interview. Both interviews were pretty standard. If you really want to impress them know your information about the company before the interview.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 21, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and insight.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a recruiter call. Then it moved to a face-to-face with a VP a week later. That went very well, and two weeks later, I was moved to another face-to-face with a group of leadership/management and asked to create a 20 minute power-point presentation for a mock-sales presentation to a prospective client. I did extremely well on this (As it is what I've spent the last 10 years doing professionally) and the feedback I received was basically "If it were up to us, I'd hire you right here and now and have you working today!" I felt fantastic to hear such positive feedback---but then --- After another 2 weeks of COMPLETE SILENCE---I was asked to do a ride-along with an employee to basically give me a better idea of the position. It was as if it was my turn to decide if the position was something I would be interested in. Why do this part, if you don't want to hire the candidate? Seems like it would be a massive waste of everyone's time. The person I spoke with said "If you've gotten this far, you're basically hired." ---well, a week after that I get an email saying they want to have one more phone call with me. 4 days later I get another phone call asking if i'm still interested (Making me feel like they offered the job to someone, or several others, and they declined, and I became "the back-up" plan dangling on a thread) ---I express my interest still, they ask more interview questions then say "Great we'll have an answer for you most likely tomorrow"----a full week passes, and then I get the generic email "Thanks for your time blah blah"--

the interview process was 2 months long. I was basically told I pretty much had the job near the end----until I received the generic copy-paste rejection email. Communication through this process was perhaps the worst level of professionalism i'd ever seen. A final-level candidate shouldn't have to reach out to you to ask for information because weeks have gone by with no information (Despite promising to provide information). A tremendous waste of my time a resources. It's unfortunately, but ADP hasn't impressed me as offering strong professional standards in their recruiting process.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 8, 2017 – Project Specialist

This is disconcerting interview review and we would love to know more. Please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com if you wish to share more details about your interview experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through the ADP website for a sales role. Application is only a few questions, then you upload your resume and a cover letter if you'd like. I received an email to schedule a phone interview less than 12 hours later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Had a great initial call with recruiter. Then had second interview onsite. The person I originally was suppose to meet with was "not able to make it" so I met with two other managers. One was very nice and professional. The other was your stereotypical closed minded sales manager - personality clash. The interview was fine but I think we both knew it wasn't the right fit from the very beginning.

Interview Questions

• I am an alien who just arrived on earth, tell me in 15 sec why I need to go to this interior design store (after I mentioned one of my passions was design)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ADP (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

1. phone interview w/ recruiter
    2. interview w/ manager
    3. ride day with sales rep

People were friendly but seemed very disorganized. Said they would call to schedule a "ride day" next step in the interview process, that afternoon. didn't hear from them for 2 weeks, and it seemed like the recruiter didn't realize how long ago my interview had been, when they finally called to set the ride day I had already taken another position. I explained that I had taken another position but a couple months later the same recruiter reached out to me on linked in as if I had never been interviewed and was a new name to her.

Interview Questions

• You don't have much experience, why would we take a risk on you?   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the interview review. We apologize for your disjointed experience as that is not the norm, nor the bar we hold ourselves up to for recruitment. We will share your interview experience... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The first interview was completed by video recording and the second was to be by phone. Video recorded interview was cold and robotic. Other communication throughout the process was timely and professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was invited to the midtown office to meet with a vp of sales and discuss my interest in the role and my qualifications. I first had a phone interview and was then scheduled to have an in person interview. The person whom I interviewed with was very disorganized and rude to me. As a graduating senior, she expressed concern with the school I attended and was very short with me. I have sales experience and am familiar with ADPs services as my families business has used them for their payroll services. I was not asked many questions and hurried out of her office as they were having a meeting soon. If the time was not good, which they scheduled in the first place, they should have rescheduled and been more polite.