ADP Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Sales Representative

ADP Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP in September 2019.

Interview

I applied for an Enterprise level position but was interviewed for HRO for small businesses. I wasn’t aware of this going into the interview - I applied for one job but was interviewed for something completely different. My sales background is mostly large complex deals with C-suite level decision makers spending power. The interviewer was 10/15 minutes late to the screening call and was completely rude from the minute the call began. Every question asked was about cold calling - it became obvious that the position was more entry level and not a match to my skill set. When I was explaining my background it was obvious the recruiter has no experience at the enterprise level because she couldn’t grasp why I’m not making 50/100 cold calls a day. When I explained my sales awards she dismissed them as unimportant. Overall the experience was terrible - it seemed I was defending my background and experience. I would never interview with ADP again based on this experience.

Interview Questions

• How many cold calls do you make a day?   1 Answer

Oct 7, 2019

Thank you for sharing these insights into your interview. We are sorry to hear that your experience was negative and apologize as we aim for a professional experience in every interview session. We will share your feedback with our talent acquisition teams to better improve our process for candidates. If you have anything additional to share, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com Thank you.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Melville, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

The recruiter was very efficient and followed up in a timely manner,,and provided feedback. The interview was ok. My only issue was that although the hiring manager said that it is a" fair process" uou will not know what uour territory would be until after you are hired. That was a dealbreaker for me.

Interview Questions

• Did you meet or exceed your sales goals? Have you ever done cold calling?   Answer Question

Mar 17, 2020

Thank you for sharing your insights into the ADP interview process. We appreciate your feedback and will share with our talent acquisition teams.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Dragged on & on & on. Took them weeks to make a decision which was a huge red flag. Not very responsive recruiters. Recruiter was also very unprofessional. She was even cussing on the phone... yikes

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Aug 26, 2019

Thank you for sharing your insights into the interview experience and we apologize that your experience was negative. We aim for a professional experience in every interview session. We will share your feedback with our talent acquisition teams to better improve our process. If you have anything additional to share, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com Thank you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview before an in person interview. The phone interview was quite simple, asked about background and basic information. Then emailed back after a week or so.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 14, 2019

Thank you for sharing your insights into the ADP interview process. We appreciate your feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2019.

Interview

Went over what ADP is and what qualifications they are looking in people for. They mentioned the first thing they look at is the what the individual wears and how they present themselves and went on to congratulate me on that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a sales rep for ADP?   1 Answer

Jul 8, 2019

Thank you for the review and rating of your interview experience. We appreciate your insights and analysis and are glad to see that your interview experience was positive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Tampa, FL) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was long and unprofessional. First step was a phone call, second was face to face with the VP of sales, third was a 'ride day', fourth was a role-play followed by a final interview. This process took a whole month to get through, only to get an email telling me that they had moved on with other candidates. Was told that I could expect an offer and would hear from them on a certain date. They failed to let me know by that date. It was not once where I heard that I would hear from them on a certain day, but twice. In sales integrity is everything and they demonstrated that is not one of their priorities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ADP?   1 Answer

Jul 15, 2019

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Richmond, VA) in January 2019.

Interview

The whole process took about three weeks. Phone interview with recruiter, interview with VP of sales, met with two account executives for an interview, ride along to see if it was a fit, final interview with VP of sales and two sale executives and a role play. The role play is tough you get 30 minutes to read over a script and do a mock sales pitch to the Sales Executive/VP of Sales.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales? What motivates you and tell me about your experiences in sales?   Answer Question

Apr 8, 2019

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter, told about the position, asked a series of questions then moved on to the next round. It was pretty simple but the interview with the next person was super awkward and you could tell they were doing other things while speaking to me and they were not interested. I must have said something that wasn’t in their robot script because the call was cut short by him😂 this is why Paylocity will take over as the leader in the HCM industry in the next 5 years and you will be left with the kens and the barbies that you hire saying OMG like we’re ADP that’s why you should buy from me!

Interview Questions

• They use this nonsense 1980s situational behavior interview process. “Tell me about a time where you....blah blah blah”   Answer Question
    • Overall terrible experience ADP hires robots who follow their robot process. What is wrong with just having a conversation with people to find out what kind of person they are instead of reading off of a script? Find a way to innovate and also find a way to be real people....not robots!   Answer Question

Sep 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. We will escalate this review to our recruitment leaders. If you have anything additional to share please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Warwick, RI) in September 2018.

Interview

First there was an interview with the Vice President of the company. ThenI was asked on a field ride with an employee to see what they do day to day. After this followed an Interview with all 4 managers, 2 coming in at each time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you faced rejection and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Oct 8, 2018

Thank you for the review of your interview experience and welcome to the ADP team. #workhappy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Nashville, TN) in July 2018.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, who was not near as helpful as some of the other recruiters I previously worked with. The interview seemed to have went well, however, even after sending a follow up email I never was contacted ever again not even to say they went with someone else. I think this is a terrible business practice.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a $3,000 bonus and told you, you could not spend it on any necessities what would you spend it on?   Answer Question

Aug 27, 2018 – Manager