ADP Small Business Division Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Small Business Division Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ADP (Portland, OR) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who did a preliminary phone interview. I then proceeded to an in person interview with at first just one of the Managers and then it turned into a few of the Managers in the Portland office. The interview was pretty laid back and no difficult questions were asked. They really wanted to get a feel for whether or not you liked sales and were motivated to do the job. They also wanted to do a third section of the interview that included a ride along with another sales representative but since I lived out of town and was only there for a few days, they decided if I was comfortable without it, they could bypass it.
An offer was extended and I did accept, however, the offer was rescinded due to a misdemeanor on my record from 3 years previous. They have a no violation policy. So after quitting my job and moving all of my stuff to Portland from Montana, drug testing, etc., they withdrew their offer. So, if you have anything at all on your record, probably not a good idea to apply or interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation at all. It was a base pay plus commission.