ADS Environmental Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at ADS Environmental Services

Candidate Interview Review

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ADS Environmental Services (Huntsville, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

All the people that I interviewed with were incredibly nice, professional, and fun to chat with. The interview process was long and largely undirected. I got the impression from the first time I talked with them that they didn't know what they were looking for at a tactical level. There were constant excuses about why it took almost 2 months to complete a series of interviews. Someone in the organization must have went to a conference on deep learning before my interview because it seemed to be the only thing they wanted to talk about. They hired a DBA/Web Developer and he served as the technical evaluation for the data scientist. They were very focused on the solution and letting it dictate their behavior rather than addressing the problem for what it is. Very interesting company with lots of smart people and a great problem set to work with. Unfortunately, they have taken some bad advice from some folks along the way with regard to data science, made some bad hires, and it shows in their interview process.

The feedback I received through the recruiter was conjured. The guy that was evaluating my technical skills told the recruiter that I couldn't program sufficiently even though we never had a single conversation about programming or a skills review? Just another painful example of the large problems that companies have in evaluating technical candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve this problem in particular? (After they showed me a set of data, almost like a consult)   Answer Question