ADT Security Services Customer Care Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADT Security Services Customer Care Representative Interview Questions

2.5

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Knoxville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

I attended the Knoxville, TN call center's job fair. They offered applications, pre-screenings, and interviews on-site the same day directly following their personal review of your application. Very professional and clean environment with friendly employees eager to gain more good reps. After my pre-screening interview and typing test, I had a completely comfortable, painless interview with another nice man before being offered the job immediately following. In a nutshell, from the time I parked to the time I got back in my car with the accepted job offer letter, I had spent probably the most important 2 hours and 30 minutes of my professional career. It is needless for me to say I am very pleased. Everything was made very clear concerning the process from here on out, and I am scheduled to begin training approximately 35 days from my entire application, interview, and acceptance process.

Following my initial paper application, I was taken to speak with a gentleman in a management position for a one-on-one pre-screening interview. After ensuring that went well (which consisted mostly of questions of my experience and qualifications rather than how I had handled customers specifically in my previous occupation as a telephone operator/sales representative), I was taken to another area where there were cubicles among the Human Resources Department to perform a typing test. The test in itself was 6 separate 1-minute sessions with 2-3 paragraphs each to copy. To be more specific, I believe the software and the design of the literature, so to speak, is fairly in line with the professional environment concerning vocabulary. In other words, it was an accurate representation of today's use of vocabulary in a similar professional environment and didn't consist of mainly large words or obscure vocabulary that years of typing and muscle memory in the fingers wouldn't be able to fly past.

The interview process was when I was the most pleased. The gentleman interviewing me was polite and respectful and did not seem to be at all deterred by my previous major in college of music education (no degree). The company doesn't wish to fill temporary spots, though; it's a 6-week training course for 8.5 hours each day. This in itself says ADT invests a very significant amount of time into an employee's ability and expertise so that when a customer calls customer service and it's an employee's first week on the floor after training, that customer will get the same quality of expertise, professionalism, cordiality, and speed of service that he or she would have gotten had the line connected the customer with a representative with 6 years experience in the company with the same position. It is a resilient statement, at least to me, of ADT's secure trust of its employees and its selected future employees' skills to serve customers to the very best of their ability.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time when a customer has had an issue that was difficult to resolve. How did you go about resolving it in a pleasant manner?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ADT Security Services

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty long interview process , it was alot of questions asked involving work experience , making sure you actually are prepared to be with the company for long term .

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Quick And SimpleInterview . Easy Questions Based Upon Life Experience Basically . The Manager That Interview Me Was Fairly Nice & Had LOTS Of Energy For Her Age . The Background Check Took Only 2 Days . I LOVE Working Here It Is Amazing .

Negotiation

Make Sure You Negotiate The Hourly Rate & There Is A Rate Change Of 10% Extra If Work After 830PM . :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Irving, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

They outsource their recruiting. Recruiters do not know company policies. I received an email to set up my phone interview woth the recruiter. She set a time but was 45 minutes late calling. She had sent an email after the start time to let me know she was running late. Second interview was also by phone. Interview seemed to go welll but never heard back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Northridge, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Saw the ad online, called and got an appointment for an interview a few hours later. Waited for about 45 mins to be interviewed even though i got there 15 mins early. Finally i get called in to a meeting room, the Manager gave a 30 min description about ADT and what they do at that particular office. Then i had to wait 15 mins more to get a on on one interview with the Manager who was nice but not straight forward as to what exactly the job description is and what to expect. He seriously was dogging my questions which made me feel uncomfortable with the whole thing.

Interview Questions

Base pay is 200 bi weekly!

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Irving, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

A very jolly lady called me from HR, she did a pre-screen phone interview just asking me details about my job experience listed on my resume. You are required to be able to type 20wpm. She called me on a Thursday and set up my interview for that following Wednesday. I went in for the interview which I arrived 15 mins early to and the HR lady came right out to get me she had me take the tying test first which is times for 5 mins and its a large paragraph and the sentences are very close (so be careful not to skip one or mix them up) it was very easy once finished I rang a bell she came and walked me to a small room( she told me to expect to be asked situational questions and give examples) where I was interviewed by a Manager who was very nice and dressed in jeans ,tshirt and tennis shoes. She was very detailed and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you did something wrong and what was the outcome?
      For ex. you you didn't look at all the details of something because you had done it 1000 times before but you ended up missing something.   1 Answer
    • What is something that you learn slowly,,you learn it but it's a little harder for you to grasp at first?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer to read from the computer or a piece of paper and why?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time where you had to ask many questions and probe the customer in order to resolve the problem. Was it successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My shift...pick the first interview time because alot of people had already picked the really good shifts.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Knoxville, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

2 manager tag team. typical give us examples of how you handled x type of situation, what was the outcome, were you rewarded, punished, how did you respond. If a customer complains what would you do. Not difficult, but a bit intense being grilled by two managers first one, then the other.

Interview Questions

• Cannot have any skipped time on your resume. Must account for every month in every year, whether you were employed or not. And must be verifiable   Answer Question