ADT Security Services Emergency Dispatch Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADT Security Services Emergency Dispatch Operator Interview Questions

2.4

Emergency Dispatch Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services in August 2016.

Interview

Overall a pretty typical interview. It started out with a quick chat with three of their talent recruiters (which by the way at least 3 of them were from third party companies and not with ADT proper) who were very friendly and helpful. They gave a bit of advice regarding interview etiquette, a couple of question that are commonly asked (for the people described as them who might be nervous and/or underprepared) and offering a refresher on the benefits of working for ADT in case any one had forgotten. After the recruiters finished their piece, three of the hiring managers (who are also floor managers in their respective departments so they know what qualities are most sought after. Not just a HR person) came in and introduced themselves, letting everyone know their names, and job titles. After the formalities, we were taken on a short tour of the building including the call center itself, various conference rooms, the cafeteria, and training classrooms. We then retired to a conference room where all the prospective employees introduced ourselves, and gave a brief history of where we are working and asked what customer obsession meant to us. After this was done the managers then began to call people back for their 1-1 interviews. Being that my interview day had roughly 15 people all of the people who weren't called first sat down and watched a few company made videos about various scenarios that other employees had encountered. Once my interview began it started with the hiring manager asking for a brief employment history; including things like company names, job descriptions, pay level, length of employment and reasons for leaving/wanting to switch jobs/fields. From there she went into scenario based role playing questions. Basically looking to see things like demeanor, whether you remembered to introduce yourself according to how she'd instructed you to. They didn't ask for a level of detail in your answers that you would need experience in working for ADT to be able to answer. Basically, they looked for are you able to summarize the reason for the call. Do you take the time to apologize if a customer is having a problem. What your default approach is to a confrontational situation, and are you able to procedurally walk a customer through basic troubleshooting things. Again, their not looking for a detail specific level, rather an elementary level of skill with it. They ran through 3-4 role playing situations. From there she transitioned to behavioral scenarios (which I'll detail in the interview questions portion) After having answered those, she then opened it up for me to ask questions. This had been stressed as quite important when we met with the recruiters. They also stressed that we should ask AT LEAST two varied questions) They want to know you're interested in the job and not necessarily just looking for a easy paycheck. I went with things like what does a successful work day look like to you, how has your experience working for ADT been, are employees encouraged to take an active role in learning all the ins and outs of their position or would managers rather people perform solely based on having a basic level of proficiency. After all the questions and answers had been addressed (which my manager was very open and detailed in her responses) I was told to wait in the room for a few minutes for the recruiter to come and inform me if I'd be proceeding to the next step or if my interviewer thought I wouldn't be a good fit. So when the recruiter came I was led to another room where I was told they'd like to offer me a position. The recruiter explained that they'd be doing a background check and drug screen. And that was the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you've had to provide difficult instructions to someone. What approach did you take and how did you adjust to the persons ability to understand and adapt to their shortcomings.   Answer Question
  • How do you think your previously employees would categorize your attendance in your previous positions.   1 Answer
  • Describe a time where you received negative feedback from an employer. How did you handle it.   1 Answer
  • Detail a time where you've had to use empathy when dealing with a customer. How did you handle it and what was the overall outcome?   1 Answer
  • Name a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What steps did you take to calm the situation down and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation per se. They did let us choose a preferred shift, however they also emphasized that while they'd do their best to accommodate you, it's not something that could be guaranteed as its a 24 hour call center.

Other Interview Reviews for ADT Security Services

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Irving, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received call from a recruiter who explained pay and hours and forwarded my application to the hiring manager, 3 days later I did a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes, the next day I went to a face to face interview with the manager and also did a building of a tower in a group interview. After interview was over I did a typing test and I was offered job and they started my background check and I went to take my drug test the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to help a customer by providing complex instructions? Name a time you had a difficult customer? Name a time you received negative feedback?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Irving, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy walk in the park interview, had us do a group activity after that, hiring supervisors pulled use in a room have one on one interview. Supervisor asked me all the same questions asked on the phone interview, but I had to give different answers. After that was done if hired a recruiter came in to say if I got the job or not

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Knoxville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process that I went through was simple for me. I received an email about a week after I put my application in telling me about the company and their benefits. I then received a phone call from the Lead Recruiter who asked me a few questions on the phone and told me a few things about the position I applied for, etc. She then told me that she was going to send me a typing assessment through my email and that once I received it, I was to take it as soon as I could. I proceeded to do so, and then I emailed her telling her thank you and that I completed the typing assessment. Minutes later I received an email back from her telling me that I did great on the assessment and asked if I was available to interview the next day. I went on to interview the next day, I thought it was just going to be with her and then leave and have another interview later on, but I ended up interviewing with the Lead Recruiter and then a Team Manager, and afterwards, the job offer was extended to me, I accepted the offer, and then started my paperwork for my background check, drug test, consent forms, etc.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had to answer was, "What three qualities would you say make the best customer service representative?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

The first thing that happens is you get an email. Via email you set up a phone screening and an in person interview. After the phone screen, you have your in person interview. Last is the drug test and background check. It is a very amazing process overall with ADT.

Interview Questions

• A time when you had to multi task   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Very simple 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ADT.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

First phone interview then online test and 2nd interview with human resources.

Interview Questions

• How many sick days are necessary per year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They start position at same rate to all employees, unless bilingual.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Irving, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

After applying I received an e-mail to take assessment. About 3days later a recruiter called to schedule an interview. Interview was very informal basic questions like "What are your weaknesses, Name a time when you had a difficult situation at work and how did you handle it?" Then you start dealing with HR who is trying to verify jobs and education, IDK what company does them for them but I had to verify my own jobs and education with w2's and showing my diploma was not enough I had to sign a paper for my school to release that info to them.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was quick and I was under the impression that everyone was hired on the spot. The culture was very "call center" like.

Negotiation

The was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Its was a panel interview.. At the most 3 people at once 2 will ask questions while the 3rd is writing Don't be alarmed. The questions are fairly simple.. You will then take a typing test.

Interview Questions

• Why does you background make you a good fit for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None