ADT Security Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a great experience with the interview. The hiring manager was polite and friendly. He asked the questions and so did I about the organization. He explained what to expect and an overview of the responsibility as well as the benefits of working for ADT. I got hired after the second Interview.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

-Salary Phone Screening
    -30 min Q&A with Hiring Manager
    -5 individual interviews with team managers

3 interviews spread out over a 4 week span from initial application. Left in the dark for 4 months before receiving an automated rejection email.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

They brought a few people in for one and one interview then the rest of us for a group interview, he explained the business and how the sales work. We use our own vehicles for on the job task but compensation is provided.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2020.

Interview

Very awkward interview.

First, I do believe it was a racially profiled job interview. I am a Christian and Caucasian (I wear a cross), the interviewer was African American and from the get-go it felt incredibly uncomfortable. I tried to make light conversation, joke a little, attempt to lighten the mood and it was shut down, not friendly by any means. The interviewer made fun of my last name because it's Creole and French, difficult to pronounce. He also made fun of my choice in computer chair because it's a gaming chair, and lastly he made jokes directed towards me for not giving him the exact answer he was looking for in the question, "Give a time when you had to build rapport". This all happened after we discussed my future career goals of Law Enforcement. Not what I had in mind when it came to ADT Security Services.

Another item to bring up while discussing employment with ADT, they do offer you benefits, but keep in mind you will only make $11.00/hr. That $11.00/hr. is your base pay and there is commission earnings, however, most calls are not people calling to relocate. They are callers calling to cancel their accounts because they have discovered relocating is more expensive than they may have known. How the commission works is you get paid it IF you can get them to stay with ADT, as well as SELL more equipment to them in the process. Also, keep in mind that with that $11.00/hr., after 30 days they'll begin to take out your 401K and your other benefits. Upon further investigating I found that the 401K alone is 5% yearly which means you'll lose over $1,200 a year for it to be added to your 401K. If you break it down, it makes absolutely no sense to work here for such minimal pay with such challenging work. You will be lucky if you see $20,000 - $23,000 annually with this particular job - mind you some of these Job Listings state you can make $40k salary. This is not typical.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to Build Rapport with someone, why did you have to, and how did you do it?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Memphis, TN) in June 2020.

Interview

Easy Going and laid back. Talked a lot about how to represent the brand and how they support their employees. I enjoyed the interview. Hopefully I get a career with them.

Interview Questions

• How would I do with Door to Door Sales   1 Answer
    • How did I perform at other Sales Jobs   1 Answer

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2020.

Interview

I initially applied on Feb 27, 2020. I then had my first phone interview on March 2nd, 2020. Then was invited to a in person interview on March 11th, 2020. I was then contacted on March 13th, 2020 by the person who had interviewed me in person. Today I am doing a 2nd interview that will be virtual.

Interview Questions

• How do you empathize with customers when faced with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2020.

Interview

An recruiter got in contact with me for originally customer service retention I went in for the interview the next day the recruiter told me that the manager I had the interview with felt that I’ll be better at something else so I took an assessment and had another interview for the position I’m working now and I received a call two days later saying I got the Job.

Sr Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

Lengthy and it took 5 rounds before meeting management in person. Lots of layers of meetings before a decision was made to even go for an in person interview. People were on time for interview

Senior Director Interview

Interview

I recently went through a haphazard interviewing process with ADT. There was no structure, limited follow up, lack of organization. This was a high level role within the organization. I did not progress for a job offer, but honestly it was relief. I don't think the company would be a good fit culturally and being successful at this company would be difficult as a leader.

I think companies show you who they are in the interviewing process. ADT did not impress me as a great place to work.

In-House Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and managed well by the HR administrator. Met separately with 4 people from different departments within the organization. Each interview took about 20 to 30 minutes, and walking from office to office, you realize how large their offices are.

Interview Questions

• Asked about background experience, and reason for interest in position.   Answer Question

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2020.

Interview

- First phone interview with recruiter
    - Phone interview with sales manager
    - in person interview with sales manager

All questions were situational and can be answered with the STAR technique. Google it if you don’t know it