ADT Security Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.7

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

Got a phone call, the interviewer was real nice. He said he was a recruiter, and he seemed to ask only a few questions, and was quick to move to the next step

Interview Questions

• What do you prefer, business to business or consumer sales   1 Answer

Administrative Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (North Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview was really disappointing. I prepared myself for something challenging, especially after receiving an email of what to expect and what to do to prepare. I was ready to ace this. However, it was not at all what I expected. It started out with her looking over my resume, and then saying, 'so you work for [Insert my last job], in which I told her what I did there, what I did before that, and gave her an idea of who I was, what my skill level was, and what I could bring to their company. I was only asked two questions: "what I didn't like about my last position" in which I then told her "absolutely nothing. It was a fun place to work, the staff was great, it presented a lot of great challenges, and I worked with an amazing team". She then doubted me, which I thought was rude and unprofessional. She told me 'yeah right', which honestly said a lot about working at ADT.The next question was, "Do you have any questions for me", which is a question you ask at the end of an interview. So for the rest of the interview I asked questions. Lots and lots of questions. Questions that lead to questions she should have been asking me, and me responding to her answers by relating my own core values and experiences with the position. They all aligned. Once I ran out of questions, I asked her if she had any questions for me. She had none. The interview was closed. aI must say that it was most awkward interview I have ever sat through. So awkard that I completely forgot to grab her business card. But honestly, I wasn't interested in that point. She had absolutely no clue what she was doing, and it completely turned me off of working under her. I feel that if I interviewed with someone else, I would have most likely got the job. You missed out ADT. I have a lot to offer.

Interview Questions

• What didn't you like about your last position?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Boca Raton, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

So far so good. Phone interview and now going to in person interview. Phone interview went well and was extremely positive. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. Dress for success and bring copies of resume. Smile, stay positive, excited and passionate.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? About yourself in sales? Questions about the position?   Answer Question

Residential Resales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Bowie, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a 30 mins call from a recruiting agency, they scheduled an interview with the "hiring manager", he interviewed me -40 mins- (or attempt to sale you the position), then he gives you a business card so you can ask any questions related the position after the interview, then HR send you an offer or a nice try letter. If you are willing to knock doors and get paid under commissions scale, this will be a good position for you. Sales employees turnovers appear to be very high, be careful.

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early. No reception and someone on phone told me to wait. Didn't start interview until 30 minutes past our interview scheduled time.

The interviewer talked a lot and asked very few questions. Made commentary on my resume but gave me little time to respond.

Said he didn't think I was a good fit and gave me no time to address concern. End interview by telling me he wouldn't consider hiring me and only met because recruiter encouraged him.

Account Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, followed all the steps and did the tests. Then there was a phone screen interview, and the lady set me up for an on site interview. The interview was pretty standard. I thought the interview went okay, but I guess they had "more qualified applicants" to choose from.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • How was your attendance at your previous job?   Answer Question
    • She then did one role play scenario with me, to see how I would handle an irate customer   Answer Question

Residential Security Installer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Springfield, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Before the day of the interview you are given an email with detailed information describing a little about the company and what time should you arrive, what to wear for the interview and what you should expect. They ask that you arrive 15 minutes to the interview early so the receptionist can grant you access to the faclity. Then you are greeted by two hiring managers who take you upstairs to a conference room. You sit down and get interviewed by the two representatives. The standard greeting and say a little bit about yourself applies . They look over your resume and ask standard questions and describe the position a little more in detail.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem being managed (closely) ?   1 Answer

ADT Security Services Residential Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Be prepared, interviewing process is a long, laborious process. At least one initial phone interview, pre-screening, extensive back ground and drug testing. I interviewed with two Managers for two different Sales Positions

Interview Questions

• First Interviewer posed scenarios of possible situations that would be considered even threatening or potentially dangerous. This was an outside sales position, interviewer asked me to consider that I would be going into neighborhoods that could be crime ridden and that there could be unsavory activity going on near the site/home where the Sales Appointment would be scheduled. Interviewer even hinted that I was too polished and possibly over qualified for the position even though I went through an extensive prescreening process. It would appear that he was seeing if I would become so rattled during the interview, that I would opt out of considering the position. It almost appeared as if he was not “invested” in my qualifications as a potential candidate but rather required to interview me as part of the company’s hiring standards and procedure   1 Answer
    • The second Interviewer for the "Inside Sales" position was much more polished and professional. In fact at the beginning of the interview he actually stated that his approach was considerably different than the first Interviewer that I encountered. Again, the second Interviewer conveyed that he felt that I was over qualified for the position even though I went through an extensive prescreening process.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

It was alright. They were very personable and friendly. There were a number of written components. They asked about analytical skills, written skills, and my past work experiences. I learned a lot from the experience. The interviewer actually encouraged me not to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ADT   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Interview

I had a telephone interview with the person responsible in the Human Resources Department. The interview was very informative, regarding the exact duties of the position, the requirements I would be expected to fulfil and the working environment. Very friendly, professional and positive experience.