ADT Security Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.3

Administrative Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (North Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview was really disappointing. I prepared myself for something challenging, especially after receiving an email of what to expect and what to do to prepare. I was ready to ace this. However, it was not at all what I expected. It started out with her looking over my resume, and then saying, 'so you work for [Insert my last job], in which I told her what I did there, what I did before that, and gave her an idea of who I was, what my skill level was, and what I could bring to their company. I was only asked two questions: "what I didn't like about my last position" in which I then told her "absolutely nothing. It was a fun place to work, the staff was great, it presented a lot of great challenges, and I worked with an amazing team". She then doubted me, which I thought was rude and unprofessional. She told me 'yeah right', which honestly said a lot about working at ADT.The next question was, "Do you have any questions for me", which is a question you ask at the end of an interview. So for the rest of the interview I asked questions. Lots and lots of questions. Questions that lead to questions she should have been asking me, and me responding to her answers by relating my own core values and experiences with the position. They all aligned. Once I ran out of questions, I asked her if she had any questions for me. She had none. The interview was closed. aI must say that it was most awkward interview I have ever sat through. So awkard that I completely forgot to grab her business card. But honestly, I wasn't interested in that point. She had absolutely no clue what she was doing, and it completely turned me off of working under her. I feel that if I interviewed with someone else, I would have most likely got the job. You missed out ADT. I have a lot to offer.

Interview Questions

• What didn't you like about your last position?   1 Answer

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early. No reception and someone on phone told me to wait. Didn't start interview until 30 minutes past our interview scheduled time.

The interviewer talked a lot and asked very few questions. Made commentary on my resume but gave me little time to respond.

Said he didn't think I was a good fit and gave me no time to address concern. End interview by telling me he wouldn't consider hiring me and only met because recruiter encouraged him.

Any Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Melbourne, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

They use a survival of the fittest training program to weed out the unfit. If you pass it then you get paid for it. This technique comes from Landmark Education. They require you to sell security systems to your family as well as have one too. They have sales goals and if you don't meet them your fired. After awhile you work there then you can work a different position at another franchise store. During training you do cold door to door sales with a supervisor.

Small Business Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Des Moines, IA) in July 2012.

Interview

interviewing consisted of a great phone interview with tips from their recruiter who was very professional and made it sound like i should expect nothing but professionism in the interview with the hiring manager. I come in and he must have been stressed i heard him cussing about 7 or 8 times in his discription of what he expects from his employees he didn't go into detail about the position but rather that he expected 100 calls a day (doable) and that there only .5 leads given to the reps and find they are on there own if they don't produce he fires them. wow I had a manager like that in the past i determined right away i would not want to work for him and his bully like management and based on the other descriptions of reviews for this company it sounds like they put any blowhard in management he was definately full of himself and even asked me if i thougth he was being a jerk rather than offend him i firmly replyed he was being blunt. i immediately called back the recruiter filling in for mine and told her that was the worst interview i have ever had and that i was taken aback by his terminology. wow just wow.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Laurent, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Saint-Laurent, QC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewer spoke French only very heavy Quebecois accent, I responded to all his questions. I was hoping to get an offer, I was very confident, I believe my age did not, I was discriminated.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience, even though you had not been hired yet they made you feel that you are a special part of the team. It was a group interview which gave you a chance to shine and show your worth.

Interview Questions

• They asked what is more important to you work or family.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services in August 2016.

Interview

Overall a pretty typical interview. It started out with a quick chat with three of their talent recruiters (which by the way at least 3 of them were from third party companies and not with ADT proper) who were very friendly and helpful. They gave a bit of advice regarding interview etiquette, a couple of question that are commonly asked (for the people described as them who might be nervous and/or underprepared) and offering a refresher on the benefits of working for ADT in case any one had forgotten. After the recruiters finished their piece, three of the hiring managers (who are also floor managers in their respective departments so they know what qualities are most sought after. Not just a HR person) came in and introduced themselves, letting everyone know their names, and job titles. After the formalities, we were taken on a short tour of the building including the call center itself, various conference rooms, the cafeteria, and training classrooms. We then retired to a conference room where all the prospective employees introduced ourselves, and gave a brief history of where we are working and asked what customer obsession meant to us. After this was done the managers then began to call people back for their 1-1 interviews. Being that my interview day had roughly 15 people all of the people who weren't called first sat down and watched a few company made videos about various scenarios that other employees had encountered. Once my interview began it started with the hiring manager asking for a brief employment history; including things like company names, job descriptions, pay level, length of employment and reasons for leaving/wanting to switch jobs/fields. From there she went into scenario based role playing questions. Basically looking to see things like demeanor, whether you remembered to introduce yourself according to how she'd instructed you to. They didn't ask for a level of detail in your answers that you would need experience in working for ADT to be able to answer. Basically, they looked for are you able to summarize the reason for the call. Do you take the time to apologize if a customer is having a problem. What your default approach is to a confrontational situation, and are you able to procedurally walk a customer through basic troubleshooting things. Again, their not looking for a detail specific level, rather an elementary level of skill with it. They ran through 3-4 role playing situations. From there she transitioned to behavioral scenarios (which I'll detail in the interview questions portion) After having answered those, she then opened it up for me to ask questions. This had been stressed as quite important when we met with the recruiters. They also stressed that we should ask AT LEAST two varied questions) They want to know you're interested in the job and not necessarily just looking for a easy paycheck. I went with things like what does a successful work day look like to you, how has your experience working for ADT been, are employees encouraged to take an active role in learning all the ins and outs of their position or would managers rather people perform solely based on having a basic level of proficiency. After all the questions and answers had been addressed (which my manager was very open and detailed in her responses) I was told to wait in the room for a few minutes for the recruiter to come and inform me if I'd be proceeding to the next step or if my interviewer thought I wouldn't be a good fit. So when the recruiter came I was led to another room where I was told they'd like to offer me a position. The recruiter explained that they'd be doing a background check and drug screen. And that was the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you've had to provide difficult instructions to someone. What approach did you take and how did you adjust to the persons ability to understand and adapt to their shortcomings.   Answer Question
    • How do you think your previously employees would categorize your attendance in your previous positions.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you received negative feedback from an employer. How did you handle it.   1 Answer
    • Detail a time where you've had to use empathy when dealing with a customer. How did you handle it and what was the overall outcome?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What steps did you take to calm the situation down and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation per se. They did let us choose a preferred shift, however they also emphasized that while they'd do their best to accommodate you, it's not something that could be guaranteed as its a 24 hour call center.

Custom Homes Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I was contacted four times for 3 telephone interviews and one in-person. I chose not to accept the offer because of another opportunity that coincided with my skill set.

Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Individual interviews with Directors and VPs. Expected Panel interviews but this was not their preferred methodology. Phone screen first by recruiter then initial phone interview with hiring director and VP. Third stage of interviews was onsite individual interviews with several business area Directors and VPs and then final round of interviews was with hiring director and VP.

Interview Questions

• What LSS Skills do you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

First received a link to take a typing test. Then received a call from the recruiter who ask some very brief questions about my resume and described the job and work hours down to the "pay." And then scheduled a telephonic interview for the following day

Interview Questions

• How do you handle distractions?
      Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer?

There were lots of questions that took nearly an hour. My advice is to reflect closely on previous positions involving the customer and be prepared to answer specific questions.

Also, these type of questions are considered Behavioral and the way to keep on track is to use the start format when answering. You will be graded upon your responses

Then, I was invited for a face to face interview. The first part was being escorted into a conference room with other applicants. And at the table for each of us applicants were a paper plate, cup, plastic knife and fork, poster paper and a 12" strip of tape and we were asked to build a hurricane proof tower that would not topple if they waved a flat board at it (simulating the wind.)

I thought it was ridiculous because it was not like I was applying for an engineering position. And then, no reason was given why we were being given this task. Following the exercise, we were escorted by different supervisors of the company who interviewed and scored us on more Behavioral questions that was centered around previous customer service type of jobs that I had held.

Again, be prepared by reflecting on previous jobs that you held involving the customer. The questions were not that difficult but there were lots of them.

Finally, I dislike that they assign you to another position that you did not apply for. Even though I accepted, the offer is contingent on passing a background and drug testing.   Answer Question