ADT Security Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.3

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience, even though you had not been hired yet they made you feel that you are a special part of the team. It was a group interview which gave you a chance to shine and show your worth.

Interview Questions

• They asked what is more important to you work or family.   1 Answer

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Aurora, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

First there was a standard typing test, which went smoothly. Then another candidate and I were escorted to an area where we watched videos and learned more about the company. Then we did one on one interviews with standard call center questions.

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Aurora, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I did the typical typing test. Then I was taken upstairs with one other candidate and we both watched a video about the companies history. Last we were individually interviewed. I considered it a very relaxed, but organized interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of operating up to 30 programs to help our customers?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Boca Raton, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

So far so good. Phone interview and now going to in person interview. Phone interview went well and was extremely positive. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. Dress for success and bring copies of resume. Smile, stay positive, excited and passionate.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? About yourself in sales? Questions about the position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with H.R. whom was friendly and professional. Panel interview with staff management which was unprofessional or off color if you will.. racist comments made freely during interviews. I was shocked. Declined offer.

Interview Questions

ADT Security Services Response

Nov 7, 2016 – Content Marketing Manager

We’re very sorry to hear about your experience. At ADT, we’re an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on creating opportunities for all employees regardless of age, race, religion... More

Customer Loyalty Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Irving, TX).

Interview

Applied and received a phone call in about a week. The HR rep asked if I was still interested then set a date for a phone interview. The phone interview was typical in its line of questioning i.e. "Tell me about a time when...". From there, a date was set for a person-to-person interview. They send a packet via email with random items and want you to sell it to them in the interview. There will be a manager who interviews you asking questions about previous employment, skills, etc. That same day, if you make it, you'll be placed in a room with other applicants (the group they've chosen) and they'll make you build something from paper cups, plates and tape. It will be ugly, then they'll make everyone give it to the person sitting next to them and you'll have to "fix it". It's team building and shows you can take responsibility. This is not about the actual game, it's about how you handle it. Should you pass you'll be invited on board and from there set a date for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and had to accommodate them.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services in August 2016.

Interview

Overall a pretty typical interview. It started out with a quick chat with three of their talent recruiters (which by the way at least 3 of them were from third party companies and not with ADT proper) who were very friendly and helpful. They gave a bit of advice regarding interview etiquette, a couple of question that are commonly asked (for the people described as them who might be nervous and/or underprepared) and offering a refresher on the benefits of working for ADT in case any one had forgotten. After the recruiters finished their piece, three of the hiring managers (who are also floor managers in their respective departments so they know what qualities are most sought after. Not just a HR person) came in and introduced themselves, letting everyone know their names, and job titles. After the formalities, we were taken on a short tour of the building including the call center itself, various conference rooms, the cafeteria, and training classrooms. We then retired to a conference room where all the prospective employees introduced ourselves, and gave a brief history of where we are working and asked what customer obsession meant to us. After this was done the managers then began to call people back for their 1-1 interviews. Being that my interview day had roughly 15 people all of the people who weren't called first sat down and watched a few company made videos about various scenarios that other employees had encountered. Once my interview began it started with the hiring manager asking for a brief employment history; including things like company names, job descriptions, pay level, length of employment and reasons for leaving/wanting to switch jobs/fields. From there she went into scenario based role playing questions. Basically looking to see things like demeanor, whether you remembered to introduce yourself according to how she'd instructed you to. They didn't ask for a level of detail in your answers that you would need experience in working for ADT to be able to answer. Basically, they looked for are you able to summarize the reason for the call. Do you take the time to apologize if a customer is having a problem. What your default approach is to a confrontational situation, and are you able to procedurally walk a customer through basic troubleshooting things. Again, their not looking for a detail specific level, rather an elementary level of skill with it. They ran through 3-4 role playing situations. From there she transitioned to behavioral scenarios (which I'll detail in the interview questions portion) After having answered those, she then opened it up for me to ask questions. This had been stressed as quite important when we met with the recruiters. They also stressed that we should ask AT LEAST two varied questions) They want to know you're interested in the job and not necessarily just looking for a easy paycheck. I went with things like what does a successful work day look like to you, how has your experience working for ADT been, are employees encouraged to take an active role in learning all the ins and outs of their position or would managers rather people perform solely based on having a basic level of proficiency. After all the questions and answers had been addressed (which my manager was very open and detailed in her responses) I was told to wait in the room for a few minutes for the recruiter to come and inform me if I'd be proceeding to the next step or if my interviewer thought I wouldn't be a good fit. So when the recruiter came I was led to another room where I was told they'd like to offer me a position. The recruiter explained that they'd be doing a background check and drug screen. And that was the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you've had to provide difficult instructions to someone. What approach did you take and how did you adjust to the persons ability to understand and adapt to their shortcomings.   Answer Question
    • How do you think your previously employees would categorize your attendance in your previous positions.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you received negative feedback from an employer. How did you handle it.   1 Answer
    • Detail a time where you've had to use empathy when dealing with a customer. How did you handle it and what was the overall outcome?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What steps did you take to calm the situation down and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation per se. They did let us choose a preferred shift, however they also emphasized that while they'd do their best to accommodate you, it's not something that could be guaranteed as its a 24 hour call center.

Custom Homes Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I was contacted four times for 3 telephone interviews and one in-person. I chose not to accept the offer because of another opportunity that coincided with my skill set.

Residential Resales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Bowie, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a 30 mins call from a recruiting agency, they scheduled an interview with the "hiring manager", he interviewed me -40 mins- (or attempt to sale you the position), then he gives you a business card so you can ask any questions related the position after the interview, then HR send you an offer or a nice try letter. If you are willing to knock doors and get paid under commissions scale, this will be a good position for you. Sales employees turnovers appear to be very high, be careful.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Norfolk, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

3 to 4 days unpaid training. Am them you go out as a group into neighborhoods to try an make sells if anyone answers the door, but that is a big iffy.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to make extra money   1 Answer