ADT Security Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.3

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Knoxville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

I attended the Knoxville, TN call center's job fair. They offered applications, pre-screenings, and interviews on-site the same day directly following their personal review of your application. Very professional and clean environment with friendly employees eager to gain more good reps. After my pre-screening interview and typing test, I had a completely comfortable, painless interview with another nice man before being offered the job immediately following. In a nutshell, from the time I parked to the time I got back in my car with the accepted job offer letter, I had spent probably the most important 2 hours and 30 minutes of my professional career. It is needless for me to say I am very pleased. Everything was made very clear concerning the process from here on out, and I am scheduled to begin training approximately 35 days from my entire application, interview, and acceptance process.

Following my initial paper application, I was taken to speak with a gentleman in a management position for a one-on-one pre-screening interview. After ensuring that went well (which consisted mostly of questions of my experience and qualifications rather than how I had handled customers specifically in my previous occupation as a telephone operator/sales representative), I was taken to another area where there were cubicles among the Human Resources Department to perform a typing test. The test in itself was 6 separate 1-minute sessions with 2-3 paragraphs each to copy. To be more specific, I believe the software and the design of the literature, so to speak, is fairly in line with the professional environment concerning vocabulary. In other words, it was an accurate representation of today's use of vocabulary in a similar professional environment and didn't consist of mainly large words or obscure vocabulary that years of typing and muscle memory in the fingers wouldn't be able to fly past.

The interview process was when I was the most pleased. The gentleman interviewing me was polite and respectful and did not seem to be at all deterred by my previous major in college of music education (no degree). The company doesn't wish to fill temporary spots, though; it's a 6-week training course for 8.5 hours each day. This in itself says ADT invests a very significant amount of time into an employee's ability and expertise so that when a customer calls customer service and it's an employee's first week on the floor after training, that customer will get the same quality of expertise, professionalism, cordiality, and speed of service that he or she would have gotten had the line connected the customer with a representative with 6 years experience in the company with the same position. It is a resilient statement, at least to me, of ADT's secure trust of its employees and its selected future employees' skills to serve customers to the very best of their ability.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time when a customer has had an issue that was difficult to resolve. How did you go about resolving it in a pleasant manner?   Answer Question

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Knoxville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

I started at the job fair. Two interviews and a typing test. Simply worded questions and a laid back environment. Business casual. Everyone seemed very pleased with working there, my interviewer went over the entire process, gave me a tour of the building and explained the benefits each employee would receive upon hire. The interviewee was lead to a room and asked a few brief questions about employment history and skill sets, after which they were led to a group of seperated computers to take a typing assessment; once the typing assessment was completed each interviewee was called by name back to the room to have a second interview with more in depth questions on employment history, background information and general questions on professionalism displayed at previous employers. Once the interview process was completed, you were led out back to the main entrance, where they would thank you for your time and advise they will call you for a time to take your drug test.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you professionally handled a bad situation   Answer Question

Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

Online application followed by phone interview with HR and then another phone interview with the Manager whose team you are about to join
    Simple questions testing background on Six Sigma tools and software skills
    prior experience
    Related Course-work

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview scheduling was the worst kept moving dates and time! Finally agreed on a date got there on time hiring manager was not even ready had to use another office. Interview lasted 30mins I asked most of the questions given that this guy had no idea about the per rate or start date on the position I had to initiate most of the question he kept saying ok....so...u think this good deal!

Interview Questions

• You know what's a open circuit is?   2 Answers

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Concord, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with a pair of ADT managers at their headquarters and chatted for about an hour. They seemed to highlight more on customer service with a general knowledge of technical stuff. The recruiter I went through said that having a white/blue dress shirt with a tie is a must.

Interview Questions

• How would you make a customer feel safe with you coming into their home and installing a system for them?   1 Answer

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Valparaiso, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview with recruiter which describes job as far more intense than it actually is and tells you that job will require 4 days out of state training (which it does). If you pass this you are scheduled to interview in person with local sales manager. There is a recipe for that, but my manager clearly stated he was skipping questions he thought were "dumb" so I can't help with that. Felt like a typical sales interview. At the end I was told to email him a paragraph essay aboput why I am the ideal candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you experienced work place conflict and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Anaheim Hills, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online on either LinkedIn.com or Indeed.com.
    Got a call from recruiter and he went over ADT and the position and I went over my professional experience with him over the phone. The recruiter then set me up for a face-to-face interview with a sales manager.
    Went to the interview and the manager did not ask me a single question about experience. The manager talked about the job for 20 minutes and then offered it to me.

Residential Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

First, there is a telephone interview with a recruiter based in FL. If you are move onto the next phase a face to face will be set up with the hiring manager. Once you arrive onsite you are buzzed into secure building by receptionist, they contact manager your interviewing with, he will get you and take you to his office for interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your previous position?   1 Answer

Emergency Dispatch Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Irving, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received call from a recruiter who explained pay and hours and forwarded my application to the hiring manager, 3 days later I did a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes, the next day I went to a face to face interview with the manager and also did a building of a tower in a group interview. After interview was over I did a typing test and I was offered job and they started my background check and I went to take my drug test the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to help a customer by providing complex instructions? Name a time you had a difficult customer? Name a time you received negative feedback?   Answer Question

Residential Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Melville, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. She told me a bit about the company and had explained the position. Then asked about my work history and experience. At first the recruiter calls you basically to make sure your not crazy, have a car, and speak English. Then she sets up with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• How can I generate my own leads?   1 Answer