ADTRAN Interview Questions in Huntsville, AL | Glassdoor

3.1

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Online application. Interviewed the following week with Human Resources. The group I would be working with. And then another round with HUman Resources. Overall the process was very quick, efficient, and friendly. I enjoyed my interview, but the job was not for me. Would apply again for a different position.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through my school's co-op program. Passed the on-campus interview, and was then offered an on-site interview. After given a tour or the offices, there was a 30 minute technical interview. The whole process took 2.5 hours and transportation and hotel was provided.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was actually 3 hours total. This was broken up into 3 - 1 hour interviews with A different interviewer at each hour. First interview section was with Human Resources. Second interview section was with the department head. Third interview section was with executive responsible for that department.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

Approximately 2 months after applying online, they called to schedule a phone interview, which mostly covered some basics about the job and during which we discussed my qualifications. A few days after the phone interview, I received another call to schedule an in person interview. They emailed me a copy of the agenda beforehand. I spoke with 2 senior executives, and then had an HR debriefing afterward. HR eventually sent me a copy of their benefits package.

They said they would have something to tell me within a week to ten days. Into the third week of waiting for a response, I emailed HR to see where things stood, and they informed me that they were no longer considering me for the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked broadly about my experience, and several questions seemed like standard questions about working with management and other members of a team.   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

It took three days with multiple people. I talked with Engineers that were actively working on projects. They asked me technology specific questions, and proposed theoretical problems for me to solve.

Interview Questions

• Equipment specific questions such as how to hook up and use a logic analyzer. I was quizzed by Senior Engineers.   1 Answer

Engineering Research Scientist Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Had 2 skype interviews. The first one was for 90 minutes and the second one was for 45 minutes. The on-site was a full day process lasting from 10 am to 4 pm.

DVT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Basic coding in C++, data structures and algorithms. There are two phases, consisting of a technical section and a personality section. and they will treat you to some lunch.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Talked to them at a Career fair and had an interview with them the next day. They asked standard questions about my education and questions about what polymorphism is ect. Not a casual interview, but also not high stress.

They invited me back for a second interview in Huntsville. This was an all day thing. It took about 6 hours of interviewing with a lot of different people. This interview was a lot more stressful. I was asked multiple times to do coding either on a white board or on paper. The questions are not easy, but they work with you to help you if you need it. Also, I lost some points because I didn't do a lot of research about the company and its competitors before, and they asked me about it. Have some technical examples to prove why they want you. They care more about your skills than anything else, and they do quiz you to see if they think you can cut it.

Interview Questions

• Bit coding for clock cycles, finding the 5 closest points to another point from a file of points, tell me about the research you have done on the company(competitors ect.), we noticed in the last interview you were lacking in (insert area here) what have you don't since then to rectify this if anything, how have your other interviews been going if you have had any   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

It is extensive: we started at 8:45 in the morning, and I was taken from room to room to interview with multiple groups of people. The first and last room consisted of managers for behavioral interviews, and two groups in between conducted technical interviews. The behavioral interviews are manageable, but the technical interviews were fairly difficult for me (which is likely why I did not get an offer). In the middle of all of this, I was treated to lunch where I was interviewed one-on-one by a higher-ranking manager. The interview process ended around 1pm.

Interview Questions

• Design an algorithm that selects the closest n stars to one star.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

Was first recruited at my University, and had a short interview. Few technical questions were asked at this point, and I was invited to interview in Huntsville in a few weeks. The onsite interview was a long day. I had 9 interviews, all with different departments. There were a few technical questions, but they were fairly basic. I asked a lot of questions about what each group did, but by the end of the day it all started to run together. Each interview was different. Some were with a single manager, but most were with a manager and a few of their engineers. The campus was very beautiful, and I got the impression that this is a very team-based workplace.

Interview Questions

• Questions varied alot by team. One team asked about bit-manipulation, one team was more interested in object-oriented concepts.   Answer Question