ADTRAN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

3.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Online application. Interviewed the following week with Human Resources. The group I would be working with. And then another round with HUman Resources. Overall the process was very quick, efficient, and friendly. I enjoyed my interview, but the job was not for me. Would apply again for a different position.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

Approximately 2 months after applying online, they called to schedule a phone interview, which mostly covered some basics about the job and during which we discussed my qualifications. A few days after the phone interview, I received another call to schedule an in person interview. They emailed me a copy of the agenda beforehand. I spoke with 2 senior executives, and then had an HR debriefing afterward. HR eventually sent me a copy of their benefits package.

They said they would have something to tell me within a week to ten days. Into the third week of waiting for a response, I emailed HR to see where things stood, and they informed me that they were no longer considering me for the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked broadly about my experience, and several questions seemed like standard questions about working with management and other members of a team.   Answer Question

Engineering Research Scientist Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Had 2 skype interviews. The first one was for 90 minutes and the second one was for 45 minutes. The on-site was a full day process lasting from 10 am to 4 pm.

DVT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Basic coding in C++, data structures and algorithms. There are two phases, consisting of a technical section and a personality section. and they will treat you to some lunch.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Talked to them at a Career fair and had an interview with them the next day. They asked standard questions about my education and questions about what polymorphism is ect. Not a casual interview, but also not high stress.

They invited me back for a second interview in Huntsville. This was an all day thing. It took about 6 hours of interviewing with a lot of different people. This interview was a lot more stressful. I was asked multiple times to do coding either on a white board or on paper. The questions are not easy, but they work with you to help you if you need it. Also, I lost some points because I didn't do a lot of research about the company and its competitors before, and they asked me about it. Have some technical examples to prove why they want you. They care more about your skills than anything else, and they do quiz you to see if they think you can cut it.

Interview Questions

• Bit coding for clock cycles, finding the 5 closest points to another point from a file of points, tell me about the research you have done on the company(competitors ect.), we noticed in the last interview you were lacking in (insert area here) what have you don't since then to rectify this if anything, how have your other interviews been going if you have had any   Answer Question

Automation Test Interview

Interview

First is phone interview. Most are general questions about your experience, and some technique questions. Not very hard. Then go to an onsite interview. It took all day from 10 am to 6 pm. You will talk with more than 10 interviewers about questions about C++, algorithms. But they will serve you a nice lunch.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

It is extensive: we started at 8:45 in the morning, and I was taken from room to room to interview with multiple groups of people. The first and last room consisted of managers for behavioral interviews, and two groups in between conducted technical interviews. The behavioral interviews are manageable, but the technical interviews were fairly difficult for me (which is likely why I did not get an offer). In the middle of all of this, I was treated to lunch where I was interviewed one-on-one by a higher-ranking manager. The interview process ended around 1pm.

Interview Questions

• Design an algorithm that selects the closest n stars to one star.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

First talk with two managers and they made a little personality check, and four rounds of technical interviews in a row with three groups including a lunch interview, many of the questions are about C++ fundamentals such as data structures, virtual functions and stuff, some group will ask you some pretty basic EE questions to test your knowledge with circuit. The last step is to talk with the HR and discuss about the incoming interviews and the existing offers and stuff.

Interview Questions

• Some of them are about bit-manipulation problems in C++ and it is pretty low-level programming questions.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position through employee referral, who passed on my resume to the hiring manager. A week later, couple of people from the team interviewed me over the phone asking me about my prior experience from my resume. It lasted about 15-20 mins. I thought the next step would be a formal phone interview or something where they'd ask technical questions. But a week later, I was shocked when one of the recruiting coordinators at the company told me that they want me to come over onsite for the interview to meet their team. I was very excited about it. They flew me over for the interview with overnight stay at the nearby Best Western Plus hotel. The travel and accommodations were immaculate. It immediately gave me a great impression of the company. The following morning I was given an escort to the company in their own vehicle.

The interview was scheduled from 9am to 4pm with me being interviewed by their entire team consisting of about 8 people. The magnitude of the campus blew me away. Everyone was incredibly welcoming and made me feel right at home there. One of the engineers showed me around their labs, which was breathtaking. Most of them talked mainly about my prior experience and resume. Two of the eight engineers asked me some technical questions, which I was able to clear quite comfortably. They even took me out to lunch at a nearby chinese place. It was an incredible experience, even if the job is in Alabama!

Once the interviews were over, I asked the hiring manager as to when I can expect a decision. He said about two weeks. So I waited anxiously. But then three weeks went by and still no signs of me being told of a decision. I followed him up via email as to whether I am still under consideration or not. He replied a week later saying that I was. It gave me hope. I'd heard from others that if a company wants to reject you, they'd do it right away. If they're waiting a month or more and still not told you of a decision, then it's a good sign. So I kept waiting but still kept on applying in search of other opportunities. Then two months went by, and still no decision. I was starting to get really impatient. I sent the hiring manager an email and there was no response. I sent couple of HR people an email and they too never responded (one of them had an automated reply saying they'd quit!). I couldn't believe the sort of unprofessionalism from a company of this magnitude. No one knows the misery of going through this unless someone has gone through it, especially an international candidate who has visa restrictions.

Ultimately, I got an incredible job offer from a better computer networking company so it turned out superbly for me. It was a no-brainer decision. But all I ask for is to inform the candidates of a decision within a month tops, is that too much to ask? Even if its a reject, just say so so that we don't live in false hope. Thats when ADTRAN went down in my esteem. I'm glad not to be working for such an unprofessional company in the end, least of all in freaking Alabama!

Interview Questions

• Most were straight forward questions from your resume. Technical questions pertained to IP addressing, Subnetting, OSI model and quite a few WAN-related questions.   Answer Question

DVT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

Offer from career fair, had one on-site interview and one ph interview. Mostly questions were about the networking, routing, Dynamic, RIP, OSPF routing, Python. The ph interview was difficult. The interviewers friendly, intelligent during the on-site but the ph interview was bit difficult. Ashed lot of questions based on the current technology.