AECOM Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AECOM (Norfolk, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Excellent knowledgeable and tech savvy lady. Knew what she was dealing with in the job requirements and understood my skill sets perfectly. Am impressed with the quality of their recruiters . Thank you. Will consider strongly working with aecom solely from this.

Interview Questions

• How much experience with testing of engineering systems   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AECOM

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

They didn't really ask any specific questions. They wanted to know who I was and what I have done that was relevant to the international development lifestyle of the company. Overall, it was pretty easy, and I didn't feel out of place what so ever. They made me feel comfortable, and the building was a nice place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Straight forward. I met with the hiring manager and several other engineers. I discussed my prior experience and desires for a new position. I meet the members of the team and learned about their personalities.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience.
      Tell me about projects in which you were involved.
      What are your strengths and weaknesses.
      What are you looking for in a job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online and then I was contacted by the company's recruiter. I had a brief chat with the recruiter on my professional background and then they set up a phone interview with the prospective supervisor. The phone interview was with 2-3 supervisors where I was asked mostly about my professional experiences. Next I had an in person interview with a few supervisors and met other staff that I would work with. Everything was completed in roughly 1 month. I was made an offer and was able to give 2 weeks notice at my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest and weakest skills.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

candidates for a position within your company is one of the final steps in the hiring process. ... In order, the key steps to finding the right person to fill a position in your company include: Determine your need to hire a new employee. Conduct a thorough job analysis.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

After my application I received an interview maybe a week or so later. There interview was with my would be department manager and a senior engineer. It was fairly informal and there weren't too many formal interview questions which made for a more 'relaxed' interview. They were interested in my previous experience at a different internship and I was asked questions such as had I disagreed with anyone while I was working with there

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience at university in the area for which I was applying   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM in July 2013.

Interview

Telephonic interview with a panel of three members was held with a prior appointment by the HR.

Most of the communication and negotiation was through emails.

Meeting the statutory requirements of the country hired for was time consuming.

Interview Questions

• Technical and design software related questions were majorly asked. Reasoning for the answers to interviewers questions was asked to support the answers. Discussion about previous project work experience with emphasis on problem solving skills tested. Salary expectation was enquired in general and any questions for the employer were welcomed.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AECOM (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

one hour interview with new boss and his boss. It was very nice. I liked it very much. We had a nice chat with each other. Honestly I know I have to make fifty words, but it was easy. Just the three of us, no drama, just asked what I was doing, I told him, he liked it, I got a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fine, I told them what the other consultancies were offering, they matched it, I was happy.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AECOM in January 2011.

Interview

it is a very very very very very busy process. I was stressed and because i got no exprience, it made me so intense that i cannot even spell my name correct. But as time passes by, i got more relaxed and the manager was really nice to me. good job

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

it was good from the start to the end.
    They were helpfull and knew what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They generally offer above the market standards, so need to negotiate.