AECOM Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AECOM Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AECOM (Norfolk, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Excellent knowledgeable and tech savvy lady. Knew what she was dealing with in the job requirements and understood my skill sets perfectly. Am impressed with the quality of their recruiters . Thank you. Will consider strongly working with aecom solely from this.

Interview Questions

• How much experience with testing of engineering systems   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AECOM

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

They didn't really ask any specific questions. They wanted to know who I was and what I have done that was relevant to the international development lifestyle of the company. Overall, it was pretty easy, and I didn't feel out of place what so ever. They made me feel comfortable, and the building was a nice place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Straight forward. I met with the hiring manager and several other engineers. I discussed my prior experience and desires for a new position. I meet the members of the team and learned about their personalities.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience.
      Tell me about projects in which you were involved.
      What are your strengths and weaknesses.
      What are you looking for in a job.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online and then I was contacted by the company's recruiter. I had a brief chat with the recruiter on my professional background and then they set up a phone interview with the prospective supervisor. The phone interview was with 2-3 supervisors where I was asked mostly about my professional experiences. Next I had an in person interview with a few supervisors and met other staff that I would work with. Everything was completed in roughly 1 month. I was made an offer and was able to give 2 weeks notice at my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest and weakest skills.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

After my application I received an interview maybe a week or so later. There interview was with my would be department manager and a senior engineer. It was fairly informal and there weren't too many formal interview questions which made for a more 'relaxed' interview. They were interested in my previous experience at a different internship and I was asked questions such as had I disagreed with anyone while I was working with there

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience at university in the area for which I was applying   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AECOM (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

one hour interview with new boss and his boss. It was very nice. I liked it very much. We had a nice chat with each other. Honestly I know I have to make fifty words, but it was easy. Just the three of us, no drama, just asked what I was doing, I told him, he liked it, I got a job.

Interview Questions

• outline your previous work   1 Answer

Negotiation

fine, I told them what the other consultancies were offering, they matched it, I was happy.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AECOM in January 2011.

Interview

it is a very very very very very busy process. I was stressed and because i got no exprience, it made me so intense that i cannot even spell my name correct. But as time passes by, i got more relaxed and the manager was really nice to me. good job

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

it was good from the start to the end.
    They were helpfull and knew what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They generally offer above the market standards, so need to negotiate.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM in October 2010.

Interview

Was referred by an employee for an entry level position, then contacted by HR a few days later to set up an interview. The interview included 3 high level managers (no HR), who mostly discussed AECOM and what sort of work I'd be doing for them. They asked for past examples of where I overcame challenges, what sort of motivation I had, and a lot about where my interests and skills were - but nothing technical. They wanted to know my salary expectations and what sort of plans I had for the future. After 45 minutes the interview was finished and they said they'd let me know within 2 weeks, but the job offer was drafted the next day and sent to me in less than a week. After my first few weeks of working there, I've been pleased that I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me more than the high end of my requested salary range and everything else I wanted in the initial offer, so no negotiation was needed.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM in June 2010.

Interview

I had first a phone interview which I thought that it went great. But my one on one interview did not went great. The interview was with the department manager and he made me feel very uncomfortable. Not because of the questions but they way that he did behave, he would ask a question and when I was given my answer he will look away or act uninterested on the answer. I felted at one time to get up and leave.
    But I did stay through the whole thing. At the end I got the job but I have to say that I regret taking the job because the same hiring manager that I interview with end up not being a good manager.