AECOM Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AECOM Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AECOM (Norfolk, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Excellent knowledgeable and tech savvy lady. Knew what she was dealing with in the job requirements and understood my skill sets perfectly. Am impressed with the quality of their recruiters . Thank you. Will consider strongly working with aecom solely from this.

Interview Questions

• How much experience with testing of engineering systems   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AECOM

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online and then I was contacted by the company's recruiter. I had a brief chat with the recruiter on my professional background and then they set up a phone interview with the prospective supervisor. The phone interview was with 2-3 supervisors where I was asked mostly about my professional experiences. Next I had an in person interview with a few supervisors and met other staff that I would work with. Everything was completed in roughly 1 month. I was made an offer and was able to give 2 weeks notice at my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest and weakest skills.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in October 2009.

Interview

good 1 on 1 interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

They didn't really ask any specific questions. They wanted to know who I was and what I have done that was relevant to the international development lifestyle of the company. Overall, it was pretty easy, and I didn't feel out of place what so ever. They made me feel comfortable, and the building was a nice place.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AECOM (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

one hour interview with new boss and his boss. It was very nice. I liked it very much. We had a nice chat with each other. Honestly I know I have to make fifty words, but it was easy. Just the three of us, no drama, just asked what I was doing, I told him, he liked it, I got a job.

Interview Questions

• outline your previous work   1 Answer

Negotiation

fine, I told them what the other consultancies were offering, they matched it, I was happy.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in March 2008.

Interview

The first interview was more of a screening to determine your technical knowledge. There were several people on the conference call. Once they were satisfied they called me back for an in-house interview. The same team was involved, but this time it was more of an informational session about the project and company. The offer was presented at the end of the interview during a one on one with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you were faced with concerning your manager and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AECOM in December 2008.

Interview

Met various project engineers and managers, and they provided good feedback on the company. Good explanation about benefits. Office setup-- mostly cubicles. Certain managers have an office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Don't be afraid to negotiate on salary and/or the ability to work from home when needed.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM in October 2010.

Interview

Was referred by an employee for an entry level position, then contacted by HR a few days later to set up an interview. The interview included 3 high level managers (no HR), who mostly discussed AECOM and what sort of work I'd be doing for them. They asked for past examples of where I overcame challenges, what sort of motivation I had, and a lot about where my interests and skills were - but nothing technical. They wanted to know my salary expectations and what sort of plans I had for the future. After 45 minutes the interview was finished and they said they'd let me know within 2 weeks, but the job offer was drafted the next day and sent to me in less than a week. After my first few weeks of working there, I've been pleased that I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me more than the high end of my requested salary range and everything else I wanted in the initial offer, so no negotiation was needed.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in April 2008.

Interview

I saw the job posting on an alumni list serve. I decided to apply for the internship. I emailed the recruiter and was asked to submit an online profile, which was basically fill out personal information, and submit a resume and cover letter. Then I was contacted by the regional recruiter who set up interviews with the appropriate managers.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview wasn't too bad. AECOM seems like a fairly relaxed place to work but I turned down the interview because I got a better offer elsewhere. Standard questions were asked, and it felt very tailored to my experience. There were no surprises, just the usual behavioural questions and standard personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work under pressure to finish a task?   Answer Question
    • Looking at your past work experience, what was the best and worst aspect of your previous job?   Answer Question