AECOM Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AECOM Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 24, 2016

2.9

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

After my application I received an interview maybe a week or so later. There interview was with my would be department manager and a senior engineer. It was fairly informal and there weren't too many formal interview questions which made for a more 'relaxed' interview. They were interested in my previous experience at a different internship and I was asked questions such as had I disagreed with anyone while I was working with there

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience at university in the area for which I was applying   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AECOM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AECOM (Norfolk, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Excellent knowledgeable and tech savvy lady. Knew what she was dealing with in the job requirements and understood my skill sets perfectly. Am impressed with the quality of their recruiters . Thank you. Will consider strongly working with aecom solely from this.

Interview Questions

• How much experience with testing of engineering systems   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AECOM (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

one hour interview with new boss and his boss. It was very nice. I liked it very much. We had a nice chat with each other. Honestly I know I have to make fifty words, but it was easy. Just the three of us, no drama, just asked what I was doing, I told him, he liked it, I got a job.

Interview Questions

• outline your previous work   1 Answer

Negotiation

fine, I told them what the other consultancies were offering, they matched it, I was happy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Straight forward. I met with the hiring manager and several other engineers. I discussed my prior experience and desires for a new position. I meet the members of the team and learned about their personalities.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience.
      Tell me about projects in which you were involved.
      What are your strengths and weaknesses.
      What are you looking for in a job.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

They didn't really ask any specific questions. They wanted to know who I was and what I have done that was relevant to the international development lifestyle of the company. Overall, it was pretty easy, and I didn't feel out of place what so ever. They made me feel comfortable, and the building was a nice place.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM in April 2008.

Interview

The company is no different from any other engineering company. They look for people who are competent and reliable with personalities that are pleasant. Depending on the office, department, and position the style of interview differ.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable to fill the responsibilities of the position?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AECOM in May 2008.

Interview

multiple questions asked and some sample scenarios presented.

Interview Questions

not interested in the postion offered.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

it was good from the start to the end.
    They were helpfull and knew what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They generally offer above the market standards, so need to negotiate.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM in June 2010.

Interview

I had first a phone interview which I thought that it went great. But my one on one interview did not went great. The interview was with the department manager and he made me feel very uncomfortable. Not because of the questions but they way that he did behave, he would ask a question and when I was given my answer he will look away or act uninterested on the answer. I felted at one time to get up and leave.
    But I did stay through the whole thing. At the end I got the job but I have to say that I regret taking the job because the same hiring manager that I interview with end up not being a good manager.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AECOM in January 2011.

Interview

it is a very very very very very busy process. I was stressed and because i got no exprience, it made me so intense that i cannot even spell my name correct. But as time passes by, i got more relaxed and the manager was really nice to me. good job