AECOM Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM (Houston, TX).

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got a call pretty quickly. They wanted to set up a phone interview. Things seemed fine at first, but then the HR person became dismissive and kind of sexist. When I told him what I did, he paraphrased what I told him starting with "so you just do X" and I told him, "well, no I added value by Y and Z." He asked if I applied anywhere else, I told him "no, this was the only company I'd applied to" (which was the truth). He paraphrased with "but you're looking at other positions too?" And I said, "well if this doesn't work out I will continue looking". I was confused, because it felt like he either wasn't listening or was just trying to put words in my mouth. The final straw was when he asked if my husband would be okay with me doing fieldwork. It was a frustrating and confusing process.

Civil Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AECOM (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The process was overall pretty laid back; went in for a one on one interview at my university and was called back for an interview with the entire office. I met with the team I would be working with two at a time. I was called back a couple days later.

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I receive a total of four calls, and 5 emails. human resources calls me like three times and one call from the manager/engineer. A normal process, normal questions were adressed

Interview Questions

• What I was doing in the other company?, if I know how to prepare copnstruction estimates?, what tools I used to preparae estimates?.
      A few normal interview questions like: how I see myself in the next few years?, how I solve problems with coworkers if the case presents?, etc.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM (Freeport, TX).

Interview

Phone interview 3 times with separately with HR, supervisor and HR, and department lead to assess skills. I offer was made and the background check and all of the supporting checks took three weeks to complete before being able to start work.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Excellent interview process. They really look for a good fit. The company recruiter was great. I received an offer right away after meeting with hiring manager. The process did involve extensive background check.

Interview Questions

• Questions really are standard until you reach the actual hiring manager. Then the questions are more about your skills and ability to do a good job. However, I interviewed when the company was AECOM. The culture has changed since they bought URS. URS culture emphasizes the bottom line with little regard for your needs.   1 Answer

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I received a call and an informative interview that inquired about my skills, work history and employment requirements. Pay status, desired deployment date, insurance benefits and length of contract.

Interview Questions

• I was asked general questions in regards to diesel engine maintenance, electrical maintenance, safety procedures and workplace environment policies.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer (Graduate Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online, Where my resume made it through first round and I was placed in the initial interviews. Interview started as one on one, then morphed into a group interview. Be prepared with basic interview question knowledge and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate.

Drafter/Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waller, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM (Waller, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

The entire interview is quick. Clear statements and questions from interviewer. Success discussing salaries and benefits. Learn from skill test, exams. Excited and ready to start my job. Confident, feel free and good.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AECOM (Houston, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

Was brought in to talk to two senior managers in the Houston office.