AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

186 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairborn, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AECOM (Fairborn, OH).

Interview

I was randomly contacted by a recruiter for an interview. I went and the hiring authority talked about his ANG career as a commander the whole time (we met at Starbucks for my interview). He talked about the guy who they originally hired for the spot and talked about how he was selfish, demanded too much money, and how they wanted someone else. Then he went on to say they had sent my resume to the Prime contractor and they were all excited to have me on and the position was being saved specifically for me. Three days late I get an email saying they selected someone else. Shady hiring practices and I'd be interested to see how they fare on their DCAA audits.

Interview Questions

• No real questions. He talked about himself and the guy he hired originally but was disgruntled with.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter and then was asked to do a video interview. I completed the video interview right away and neverheard back from the recruiter after that. Not an acknowledgement or not even a rejection email.

Entry-Level Project Accountant Interview

Interview

Applied online and went through a phone interview with HR and a video interview through hireview. Then got invited to their fantastic Friday event. Got to meet the hiring managers the evening before the actual interview and discuss the position and the company itself. Hiring managers were really friendly and interested in candidates. There were 5 other candidates who applied for the position. Although it was an entry level position, they all had masters or cpa. I am disappointed that didn't get the job but I understand that there were better candidates and I believe it was a fair hiring process.

Environmental Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview through the Friday Event. It was great. The manager will talk with you during the event, so you won't be nervous during the interview. My concentration is wastewater, and I didn't get the offer after the interview.

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on indeed, got a call about 2 weeks after application. Interviewed at Manhattan facility. Overall positive experience. I would really research the company before going in there. Also gain some experience in AutoCAD.

Interview Questions

• Mostly soft questions about myself. they also wanted to know my interest in the industry   1 Answer

Staff Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in April 2017.

Interview

contacted by email from recruiter for phone interview. the recruiter asked questions about experience and skills, salary expectations, and elaborated about position benefits. overall time 25min.
    my gut feeling about it was negative since she started negotiate expected salary, and to me this was a turn off and felt awkward at this stage.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within days received a call from HR. After two HR phone interviews, and two weeks, I was scheduled a phone interview with the Hiring Mgr. (VP of Global Real Estate). This was the shortest phone interview I've ever had. He said that he was so impressed with my resume and background. Basically showered me with compliments and said he will have HR call me in a couple days to come in for an in person interview. I never heard back from them. I had to call HR a week later to get an update, and then I was told they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• I would like to make sure I select the right fit for this position. Could you please tell me your favorite job skill?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

1. HR interview- very laid back, and more of informing about the position details
    2. Video interview- record yourself answering 5 questions, you get 2 tries
    3. In person interview- participated in the Fantastic Friday event in NYC. The Thursday cocktail social was a really beneficial. Got to socialize with my interviewers before the interview on Friday. The interview went really smooth and they only asked me a handful of questions. and the rest of the interview was for me to ask question I have about the company, projects and anything.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone, who rejects your idea, that your idea is better option?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when working on a project, that you had to make a big decision? What were your options, what was the decision you made, what was your reasoning,and what were the reults?   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

A phone interview and face-to-face interview with a panel of 4 scientists. They gave me very positive feedback in the interviews and were on the verge of a job offer. After filling out an overabundance of paperwork and wasting even more time with back-and-forth emails to the project manager of the photochemical modeling group, the interview team "collectively" did not feel it was a good fit. No other elaboration. When I requested an explanation, she was very rude and unprofessional to me. Based on the many negative reviews of this company, I was very happy to take a job offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your air quality modeling background.   1 Answer

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Required an initial phone call with an AECOM recruiter, followed by an interview invite which included preparation and delivery of a 10-minute presentation. Second round interview was more explanation of the job and some Q & A.