AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AECOM Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.7

Recruiting Coordinator Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter and then was asked to do a video interview. I completed the video interview right away and neverheard back from the recruiter after that. Not an acknowledgement or not even a rejection email.

Entry-Level Project Accountant Interview

Interview

Applied online and went through a phone interview with HR and a video interview through hireview. Then got invited to their fantastic Friday event. Got to meet the hiring managers the evening before the actual interview and discuss the position and the company itself. Hiring managers were really friendly and interested in candidates. There were 5 other candidates who applied for the position. Although it was an entry level position, they all had masters or cpa. I am disappointed that didn't get the job but I understand that there were better candidates and I believe it was a fair hiring process.

Environmental Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview through the Friday Event. It was great. The manager will talk with you during the event, so you won't be nervous during the interview. My concentration is wastewater, and I didn't get the offer after the interview.

Project Controls Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

First was a phone interview lasted only 5 mins. then a in person interview with HR and Hiring manager.
    ther interview was casual read through the resume and talked about past exp. Discuessed the role that i was applying for and asked how i would fit in

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you overcame the troubles of a difficult team member   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

This company has merged three times since I started. It took a long time to get the interview after I was asked to interview. It was difficult getting information for my interviewer about what the job would be like.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

I had a phone interview first with an HR representative. Then I had to complete an online one-sided interview (you video record your responses and the video gets sent to the hiring managers). Lastly, I had to go through a 2-day in person interview. The first night was sort of a cocktail-styled event. The second day was the more traditional sit-down with managers to talk.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview with the HR rep, they asked me about my past internship experience and relevant courses I am taking.   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

I applied early Feb. and a senior recruiter contacted me within 10 days to schedule an interview. The first interview was in person (panel) with a Senior Business Manager, Local Operations Manager and a Business Development Manager. It was a panel interview that lasted approx 1.5 hours. They asked me standard questions that correlated to the position and industry. I was not ask behavioral questions at this stage. 2 weeks later I received a request to do a final interview (Facetime) with the Director of Business Management and a Business Manager, my direct report. These were separate and lasted approx. 40 minutes each. Everyone I talked to was well versed in the construction industry and have been in senior roles for a # of years.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about your EPC proposal experience?
      Rate your experience on Excel.
      What experience do you have with contracts and extracting the essential information out of it?
      Answer Question

Transportation Engineer-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied to a position online and got a follow up email from HR 6 days later asking to answer about 15 questions pertaining to the job: greatest strengths, why I wanted to work for them, etc. I submitted my answers, then got a brief phone call from HR basically as a follow up call and for any clarifications needed about the answers I had sent. HR then sent my application to the hiring manager, the hiring manager approved me for an interview, and I was interviewed in person two days later.

The interview itself was slightly informal and was more of a conversation than a question-and-answer session. The interviewers were very nice and willing to answer any questions I had as well. The interview went so well primarily because it showcased my passions and genuine interest in the field. If you can get excited about the job and have prior knowledge about the field, I think it really helps. Lastly AECOM was always on top of what they needed to do. They followed up within an hour of the interview and in every step they worked very fast.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career in five years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience in transportation projects.   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about what you did in your former position with [Insert company here].   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on indeed, got a call about 2 weeks after application. Interviewed at Manhattan facility. Overall positive experience. I would really research the company before going in there. Also gain some experience in AutoCAD.

Interview Questions

• Mostly soft questions about myself. they also wanted to know my interest in the industry   1 Answer

Staff Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in April 2017.

Interview

contacted by email from recruiter for phone interview. the recruiter asked questions about experience and skills, salary expectations, and elaborated about position benefits. overall time 25min.
    my gut feeling about it was negative since she started negotiate expected salary, and to me this was a turn off and felt awkward at this stage.