AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.7

Director of Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was buttoned up and really hard to nail. The recruiter was extremely friendly. She made the process easy. The interviewer was extremely serious and buttoned up. The role was a high profile role with many moving parts. Not easy to get.

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

An AECOM recruiter made a visit to our campus, took my resume and contacted me after couple months. I even forgot about them. they sent an email to attend an event called Fantastic Thursday where you meet the employees of AECOM and talk to them. next day was a panel interview.
    i believe they do that only for marketing and publicity. not in attention for hiring.

Interview Questions

• they asked those type of questions that they really don't want to hire you but just a show business:-
      1- tell us about a project when you go beyond the call of duty?
      2- tell us about a negative experience and you learned and invest in a positive one?
      3- tell us about yourself
      and many stupid questions   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AECOM (Auckland (New Zealand)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very strict. They looked for the pretty ones who could talk well. They chose people who dressed well, were clean and tidy. They liked neat clothes. They looked at my cv, and what extra stuff i did outside of school, college, and etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be here?   1 Answer

Ecologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was approx 70 minutes long, including a 10 minute exam at the beginning which involved identifying around 30 different plant and animal species according to photographs.
    I travelled for 6 hours to get to the interview and despite getting positive feedback at the time I never heard from the company again. Regardless of getting a job offer or not I believe a rejection email at least should be sent to all participants, particularly when at the final stages of interviews. I was very disappointed with how the company dealt with this.

Interview Questions

• To name any UK specific environmental legislations in place   Answer Question

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Two persons from the senior management interviewed me and they asked some questions about the things mentioned in my CV with few technical deep questions. They also ask some questions about your plans in AECOM and why you want to work with AECOM?

Landscape Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AECOM (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

discussion on projects , and types and challanges and solutions and outlook, future aspects and a lot more, decsribed the projects one by one in delhi ncr and all over india

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen and followed by and in-person interview. Company paid for travel, hotel, and rental car for interview. Overall the process was very organized and dealt with very professional individiuals.

Interview Questions

Interview

The first stage was a Skype screening. This included a CV review and discussing my skills/experience/ the job role. The second stage was a face-to-face interview covering the AZ values. I was asked questions on 3 out of the 5 values. I was also asked to do a high level case study. The info provided by HR was really helpful in preparation. Questions should be answered in the correct format (STAR).

Interview Questions

• When have you shown integrity in difficult circumstances?   1 Answer

Senior Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)) in March 2017.

Interview

I have applied through the Employer website. After a week time I got a call to schedule the interview. They were agreed to conduct the interview which suits my timing. I appreciate the Employer for his flexibility to confirm the date and time of interview from my end.

Interview Questions

• How you will control the Group of Villa Project?   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was professional, relaxed, straight forward and technical however, took along time to do the three session interviews due to availability of the interviewers.
    Each interview session took an hour and the interviewer was genuinely excited to describe the role and the projects that the candidate would work on should he/she be successful.
    The interviews were based on open discussion which made it very easy to talk and understand both the company and the interviewee's expectations.