AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.6

Director of Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was buttoned up and really hard to nail. The recruiter was extremely friendly. She made the process easy. The interviewer was extremely serious and buttoned up. The role was a high profile role with many moving parts. Not easy to get.

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

An AECOM recruiter made a visit to our campus, took my resume and contacted me after couple months. I even forgot about them. they sent an email to attend an event called Fantastic Thursday where you meet the employees of AECOM and talk to them. next day was a panel interview.
    i believe they do that only for marketing and publicity. not in attention for hiring.

Interview Questions

• they asked those type of questions that they really don't want to hire you but just a show business:-
      1- tell us about a project when you go beyond the call of duty?
      2- tell us about a negative experience and you learned and invest in a positive one?
      3- tell us about yourself
      and many stupid questions
      Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AECOM (Auckland (New Zealand)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very strict. They looked for the pretty ones who could talk well. They chose people who dressed well, were clean and tidy. They liked neat clothes. They looked at my cv, and what extra stuff i did outside of school, college, and etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be here?   1 Answer

Supervisor of Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AECOM (Columbus, MS) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a great phone interview. It lasted over an hour. The interviewer was pleasant, knowledgeable, and thorough. After the questions about me and my experience, he described in depth what the job entailed, how the company functioned, and the training I should expect to receive. We discussed how he would want me to set up training for my employees and how to help them grow and improve as employees. I was told by the interviewer that he was going to recommend me for the second tier of interviews. He said I should hear something during the first week of January. I guess he meant in 2018, because I never heard anything, not a "we decide to go with another candidate", not nothing.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions covered every aspect of maintenance management.   1 Answer

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Chelmsford, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

First was a phone interview. And a in person interview was scheduled in the following week. I spoke to the department leader first, and then 4 more people were waiting for me to talk/ask questions. They asked what other companies have you interviewed with, or why you don't want to stay your intern company...That made me feel uncomfortable. You would also have a chance to walk around their office.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

There were 2 interview stages for me, one with the HR manager and another with the engineers from the company. The first one was more of a technical interview whereas the second one was more of a get to know you interview. It caught me off guard as I thought it was the other way round and that the 2nd interview would be more technical.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite building and why?   1 Answer

Mechanical Process Tech IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The manage control the entire interview and allowed very feedback. A person thats obviously absorbed with himself. The second person present had little to say since the main person didn't give them or I a chance. Very bad interviewing that was annoying.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want this position?   1 Answer

Junior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Three steps: 1) phone call 2) pre-recordered interview questions completed at home 3) in-person interviews. The process was very quick and smooth, everyone was very nice although I was not a fan of the self-reordered questions, it just felt weird talking to my computer with no one on the other side.

The major negative was that I applied in Chicago - the city I live in - and was called back with a job offer for Columbus, Ohio. The interview clearly stated the positions were for the Chicago firm, so I had to turn down the offer unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you went above and beyond what a professor/boss asked of you?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

I applied online. A few weeks later I received an email to set up a time to have a phone interview. I spoke with one project manager and one employer at the same time. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. They asked me if I had previous experience or learned anything relating to the project.

GIS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Santa Barbara, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

meet and greet with the manager, get to know the manager and the staffs. a few questions regarding your background like education and as well as your skills. Manager would also ask basic questions regarding your field testing your knowledge. Then you would have to prepare and present a your experiences with previous projects.