AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AECOM Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.7

Recruiting Coordinator Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter and then was asked to do a video interview. I completed the video interview right away and neverheard back from the recruiter after that. Not an acknowledgement or not even a rejection email.

Electronic Tech III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AECOM (Victorville, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

the interview was done by the project manager Toby who was very friendly and ask the proper technical questions for the qualification and hired me on the spot. I was asked questions about electronic circuits and how to diagnose them as well as given math problems to prove my mathematical and problem solving skills. The head of the project was giving the interviews and was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• I was given some collage algebra problems to solve that are involved in the figuring out circuit Resistance and voltage and amp Omhs Law, Kirchieves Law and a few others that any tech should know how to use. I did the problems and had to explain on what and why i would use them for.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was too easy to handle. not a pure technical interview. First round was a video conference which was more about HVAC. 2nd round was more about socializing with the team, and make an understanding of what AECOM is about, and what your responsibilities would be. Third interview was a technical round, asking for all the stuff in your resume.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about HVAC, the soft wares used for load calculations and about designing soft wares especially Auto cad and Revit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they didn't negotiate on salary package. Also, if you are a person fond of learning, that is not the place for you then.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

1. HR interview- very laid back, and more of informing about the position details
    2. Video interview- record yourself answering 5 questions, you get 2 tries
    3. In person interview- participated in the Fantastic Friday event in NYC. The Thursday cocktail social was a really beneficial. Got to socialize with my interviewers before the interview on Friday. The interview went really smooth and they only asked me a handful of questions. and the rest of the interview was for me to ask question I have about the company, projects and anything.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone, who rejects your idea, that your idea is better option?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when working on a project, that you had to make a big decision? What were your options, what was the decision you made, what was your reasoning,and what were the reults?   Answer Question

Entry-Level Project Accountant Interview

Interview

Applied online and went through a phone interview with HR and a video interview through hireview. Then got invited to their fantastic Friday event. Got to meet the hiring managers the evening before the actual interview and discuss the position and the company itself. Hiring managers were really friendly and interested in candidates. There were 5 other candidates who applied for the position. Although it was an entry level position, they all had masters or cpa. I am disappointed that didn't get the job but I understand that there were better candidates and I believe it was a fair hiring process.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM in March 2017.

Interview

Good interview. But decision was already made for an internal candidate. The interview was just an exercise for filling in big corporate checkboxes.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about outsourcing?   1 Answer

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a good one, all candidates got together for an event. Then you got the chance to talk to the people who was going to interview you in the following day. It helped to relax you for the formal interview and get more information about the position that you applied.

Interview Questions

• basically normal questions, nothing technical, such as: do you have any relative experience in your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Senior CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fixed with Skype interview with Highway engineer , BIM manager and UK Business head. The interview was based on skill to decide the position either senior cad technician or a cad team leader. The interview was around 35 mins.

Interview Questions

• Civil3d Skills and cad team management   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within days received a call from HR. After two HR phone interviews, and two weeks, I was scheduled a phone interview with the Hiring Mgr. (VP of Global Real Estate). This was the shortest phone interview I've ever had. He said that he was so impressed with my resume and background. Basically showered me with compliments and said he will have HR call me in a couple days to come in for an in person interview. I never heard back from them. I had to call HR a week later to get an update, and then I was told they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• I would like to make sure I select the right fit for this position. Could you please tell me your favorite job skill?   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Over phone interview, discussion about my responsibilities of job which is now serving here at TPL. Briefly discussion about traction substation, switching station and modification of Traction overhead only on design/drawing subject matter

Interview Questions

• Thoroughly discussion held about OCS Catenary design/drawing subject.   1 Answer