AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AECOM Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter then got invited to interview in office. Interviewed with 4 people that day. About 3 weeks later, I received a call explaining my offer letter. Afterwords dealt with third party background check company that was very helpful with the hiring process.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

I was asked about school course work during the interview. I was also asked to describe my prior internship experience and responsibilities, asked what my interest and knowledge of employer was.

ENGINEER-1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Mumbai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online,got call from HR. Asked availability for F2F was interview, Technical and HR was on same day. HR gave a brief overview, basic behavior questions, location preference. After that Technical with the Seniors.

Interview Questions

• Resume based technical questions, fairly simple if you know your CV completely. Basic questions on Aecom, Projects. Nice people, they will make you feel comfortable. They look for confidence and communications skills as well   Answer Question

Entry Level Water Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Pre-Screening Interview followed by an in-person interview

Very friendly first interview with a semi tough in person interview, around 2 hours long 4 different people. Come prepared and be ready for any question you might think of.

Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted after about two weeks by a person in HR. After this initial phone screening I had an interview over the phone with the hiring manager where I explained some of my education and experience. About one week later I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview in person. I replied with my availability. After several days with no response I followed up with my updated availability. The HR person indicated they were still "very interested" in setting up the interview. I did not hear back for another week, wherein I followed up again. I never heard anything back from the final follow up.

Overall I'll take my experience as an impression of Aecom's HR and hiring practices as a whole -- I wouldn't waste your time with applying or interviewing; these people are clowns.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Croydon, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I contacted the HR team by email with a cover letter/CV who forwarded it to the Water department. I was then invited for an interview with two senior engineers.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my motivations and experiences, "What was you greatest achievement?", "Why did you want to study...?", "What are your expectations here?", "Can you tell me more about this ... experience?" etc   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone interview and is then followed by a face to face interview. There are usually a minimum of 3 people on the panel. Usually an offer follows within about a week.

Graduate Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1st stage upload CV a few months later I received an online situational judgement test with unlimited time which was slightly harder than others I have come across then a face to face interviewed in October with no assessment center.

Interview Questions

• It was more a chat about what I had on my CV no tough questions   Answer Question

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Introductory session with HR representative and two project managers. Case study interview first, followed by a presentation of a pre-assigned topic, and lastly a face to face interview. The interview took place in London, and the hiring managers are highly interested in candidates who have a good technical understanding of what the role entails and where candidates would like to work in terms of a specific type of infrastructure. Lastly, candidates are asked about professional qualification (e.g. RICS), what they know about the process to become a chartered surveyor, and so on.

Interview Questions

• What is the largest event you have planned? what did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Graduate Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Online application through their early careers website, followed by an online situational judgement test. Was then contacted by a member of their recruitment team for an interview in their office.

Interview Questions

• Mainly went through my CV and asked me about previous work experience etc.
      Why I wanted to work for AECOM, why I chose to study civil engineering at my university and why geotechnical sector.
      Also asked a few geotechnical related questions - in particular what I've learnt and what I know about it in general as opposed to calculations.
      There was also a few more SJT based questions as well.   Answer Question