AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.7

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

1. HR interview- very laid back, and more of informing about the position details
    2. Video interview- record yourself answering 5 questions, you get 2 tries
    3. In person interview- participated in the Fantastic Friday event in NYC. The Thursday cocktail social was a really beneficial. Got to socialize with my interviewers before the interview on Friday. The interview went really smooth and they only asked me a handful of questions. and the rest of the interview was for me to ask question I have about the company, projects and anything.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone, who rejects your idea, that your idea is better option?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when working on a project, that you had to make a big decision? What were your options, what was the decision you made, what was your reasoning,and what were the reults?   Answer Question

Traffic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Hiring process took about 6 weeks total. Completed the application on the website, got an email from a recruiter about 4 days after with a questionnaire to complete. An in person interview was set up with the hiring manager and it was more like a conversation than an interview. 2 weeks later I was offered the job.9

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

A phone interview and face-to-face interview with a panel of 4 scientists. They gave me very positive feedback in the interviews and were on the verge of a job offer. After filling out an overabundance of paperwork and wasting even more time with back-and-forth emails to the project manager of the photochemical modeling group, the interview team "collectively" did not feel it was a good fit. No other elaboration. When I requested an explanation, she was very rude and unprofessional to me. Based on the many negative reviews of this company, I was very happy to take a job offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your air quality modeling background.   1 Answer

Electronics Maintenance Technician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Jacksonville, NC).

Interview

The interview went well, interviewers were knowledgeable regarding my line of work and what all it would entail, very courteous and professional, clearly worded (no "trick" questions), asked follow on questions about my answers

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment at your previous job?   Answer Question

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Required an initial phone call with an AECOM recruiter, followed by an interview invite which included preparation and delivery of a 10-minute presentation. Second round interview was more explanation of the job and some Q & A.

Urban Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AECOM (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a short 15 min interview with a principal from LA. The pace was very quick and questions were straightforward. We went through resume and portfolio. The principal wanted me to describe one project that reflects the design thinking.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself in next 3-5 years in your career path?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had online video interview on HireView where I was asked basic behavorail questions. Was invited to AECOM's Terrific Thursday/Fantastic Friday. The interview was really relaxed. Questions were mainly based on school projects and how I might be able to take the lessons learned from these to AECOM.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had a conflict of ideas in a group setting.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AECOM (Chandler, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I thought interview went great, asked a lot of questions, about the company that I just left. But no phone call or email back about the position. So not sure what to think.

Interview Questions

• Do you know AutoCad and Revit   1 Answer

Applications Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Orange, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Spoke at length with 3 local managers and 3 regional VPs independently. Those were good conversations. The organization is in transition, and the team this position heads is not adequately staffed, so a lot of the questions were regarding doing the impossible.

Interview Questions

• Do you think this team is sufficient for the designated responsibilities, and how would you mitigate that?   1 Answer

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM (Orange, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and quick. 1-week process. First telephone screening with HR and after two days I got an email for an in person interview at orange county office with the hiring manager. No technical questions. he just asked me about my work experience and past projects. I got rejected and it was very disappointing for me because they told me that I am fit for Mechanical Engineer 2 position. If they really liked me and impressed with my experience they should hire me. They are getting experience candidate at this level which is good. I can get less time to learn and help the company with future projects. I didn't understand about their thinking. That disappoints me.