AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.7

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olmsted, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AECOM (Olmsted, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

It was brief phone screen and i felt it is good, flex and had very professional questions and dedicated for the job that i applied for, and they listened to me very carefully and answer all my questions in perfect way.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I'm available immediately for this job or not?   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in October 2017.

Interview

Pretty typical process. The recruiter called to conduct a brief screening interview to gauge my general qualifications and interest in the position. The in-person interview was pretty typical. The interview was with a three person panel where they each asked behavior questions such as, "Tell me a time when..." and so forth. At the end, they did ask me to provide a writing sample.

Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted after about two weeks by a person in HR. After this initial phone screening I had an interview over the phone with the hiring manager where I explained some of my education and experience. About one week later I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview in person. I replied with my availability. After several days with no response I followed up with my updated availability. The HR person indicated they were still "very interested" in setting up the interview. I did not hear back for another week, wherein I followed up again. I never heard anything back from the final follow up.

Overall I'll take my experience as an impression of Aecom's HR and hiring practices as a whole -- I wouldn't waste your time with applying or interviewing; these people are clowns.

Entry Level Water Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Pre-Screening Interview followed by an in-person interview

Very friendly first interview with a semi tough in person interview, around 2 hours long 4 different people. Come prepared and be ready for any question you might think of.

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a HR prescreen interview about a week later. The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes and included basic behavioral questions. I was told that I would be contacted within the week about next steps, but never heard back even after I sent a follow-up note.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience, starting with your most recent job.   Answer Question
    • How would your friends/family describe you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Submitted my application online. AECOM contacted me three days later and we scheduled an initial phone interview. The face to face interview was fairly standard; reviewing my portfolio discussing my prior experience etc.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

The process was very easy and quick. The interviewers were two supervisors and people from other departments. They went over my resume, gave an overview of the company as well as the descriptions of the position, and followed by a series of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have been in and how did you resolve the situation   Answer Question

GIS Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

They were very through and allowed plenty of opportunity to ask questions about the job and career path for someone in the position. They do have a portion where you must demonstrate your skills, so expect to complete a given task on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who is having trouble meeting deadlines?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

It was over the phone and he asked me questions about the qualifications posted on the job posting. It was very relaxed. Talked about my life outside of work as well.

Interview Questions

• They really wanted to make sure I knew Excel and certain things in excel, like vlookup and pivot tables.   Answer Question

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

It was relaxing. However, they put phone on speaker and their voice cannot be heard clearly. Overall, the questions are not difficult, but did not give an expecting time line for the next step, just mention that they will hand over the file and answers to HR manager and he will decide.