AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.7

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM (Orange, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and quick. 1-week process. First telephone screening with HR and after two days I got an email for an in person interview at orange county office with the hiring manager. No technical questions. he just asked me about my work experience and past projects. I got rejected and it was very disappointing for me because they told me that I am fit for Mechanical Engineer 2 position. If they really liked me and impressed with my experience they should hire me. They are getting experience candidate at this level which is good. I can get less time to learn and help the company with future projects. I didn't understand about their thinking. That disappoints me.

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Over phone interview, discussion about my responsibilities of job which is now serving here at TPL. Briefly discussion about traction substation, switching station and modification of Traction overhead only on design/drawing subject matter

Interview Questions

• Thoroughly discussion held about OCS Catenary design/drawing subject.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM in March 2017.

Interview

Good interview. But decision was already made for an internal candidate. The interview was just an exercise for filling in big corporate checkboxes.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about outsourcing?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in February 2017.

Interview

Its a two step interview process. First with the recruiter and second with the construction manager. The recruiter interview was really easy going and laid back. I've yet to have the second interview but will update information

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, strengths/weaknesses, are you okay with these hours, give me an example of a difficult time with coworker/management/customer. Standard interview questions   1 Answer

Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM (Oak Harbor, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Professional, engaging, and well administered. The interviewer was very welcoming and his demeanor was comforting. He seemed to be very knowledgeable about the position in question and was helpful in describing some of the more vague details from the job posting. I walked away from the interview feeling good about my prospects and excited to possibly work for someone that seemed to be professional, personable, and helpful.

ENVIRONMENT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in February 2017.

Interview

It was a three and a half hour long interview process meeting different people within the department. I was asked standard interview questions. The process also included a GIS and CAD test.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me, they asked about my background and believed I was a good fit. The Operation manager/hiring manager at the time very basic IT questions that an 8th grader can answer.

Interview Questions

• What is the first step in troubleshooting a problem?   3 Answers

Senior Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM (Chelmsford, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview for civil engineer position. I met 6 people who asked me variety of questions. Each person was of different background and asked me questions relevant to their experience. Although my resume listed all my experience they went off track asking me completely different experiences that I didn't have but I told them that I was interested in learning the same. It felt like they were not sure what their expectations was from the candidate.

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Online recorded video through app on computer or phone. Computer interview refused to accept my camera and I had to use my phone which looked less professional. Was not asked any other questions when called for a phone "interview" where I was asked if I'm a citizen or needed sponsorship.

Junior Urban Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Self introduction and portfolio presenting. Also get a chance to know the office's present projects. Have a discussion about the New York urban issues and basic daily life of an entry level designer.