AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.7

Declassification Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was informal and went smoothly in my opinion. I got home and send a follow-up thank you letter to the interviewer. However, I never got anything back...No offer of job, acknowledgement, or denial of job.....Just nothing !

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me, they asked about my background and believed I was a good fit. The Operation manager/hiring manager at the time very basic IT questions that an 8th grader can answer.

Interview Questions

• What is the first step in troubleshooting a problem?   3 Answers

Senior Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM (Chelmsford, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview for civil engineer position. I met 6 people who asked me variety of questions. Each person was of different background and asked me questions relevant to their experience. Although my resume listed all my experience they went off track asking me completely different experiences that I didn't have but I told them that I was interested in learning the same. It felt like they were not sure what their expectations was from the candidate.

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Online recorded video through app on computer or phone. Computer interview refused to accept my camera and I had to use my phone which looked less professional. Was not asked any other questions when called for a phone "interview" where I was asked if I'm a citizen or needed sponsorship.

Junior Urban Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Self introduction and portfolio presenting. Also get a chance to know the office's present projects. Have a discussion about the New York urban issues and basic daily life of an entry level designer.

Communications (Or Lack Thereof?) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me, to gauge interest in a marcom role within the company. The initial screening call went well, and a few weeks to over a month passed before I was called in for an interview. Between that time, I reached out to the recruiter to ask follow up questions (e.g. - does AECOM have a leadership program, programs geared towards female executives, etc.).

He never responded to me, which, in retrospect, should have been a clue that the recruiting process, in this case, had its flaws.

The in-person interview lasted a half hour. At the end of the interview, the hiring manager told me that I would have subsequent phone interviews with his team, and the recruiter would reach out to me to schedule. 1-2 months later, still no response. I finally reach out to the recruiter twice via email to ask what happened, and no response. Finally, he called, to let me know the role had been filled.

While I understand the selection process is competitive, I didn't appreciate the lack of respect.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience in the building/construction sector, what counsel would I give in certain scenarios.   Answer Question

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY).

Interview

Very comfortable interview process. Attended a recruiting event for college students in which one day was a networking event and the next morning was personal interviews. Basic questions about yourself and the classes/projects I've been involved with in school.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

I interviewed with 6 people for 30 minutes each. I wasn't told this was going to be the process ahead of time. They were all friendly and open to any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions like why should we hire you and questions regarding coursework I took in college.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

I met an engineer at a conference and he referred me to the company. Within 2 weeks I was scheduled for a phone interview. The interview was pretty laid back. My interviewers just wanted to know about my previous internships.

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Brief phone interview with the companies talent acquisition specialist, followed by a one way video questionnaire.

Became obvious that the talent acquisition specialist had not looked at my resume until she had me on the phone, and I found the video questionnaire to be impersonal and lacking of proper business etiquette.

Interview Questions

• The basic; where'd you go to school, what experience and skills do you have, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc.   Answer Question