AECOM Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.6

Practice Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Oakland, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two weeks after the initial phone interview, I received an email asking for an in-person interview. They gave me a few dates to select from, and after I responded they confirmed a date and time.

The day before the scheduled interview I got another email asking to postpone two more weeks.

It was finally scheduled for a Thursday morning. The Friday before that, I got another email asking me to come in on Tuesday in addition to Thursday. So I re-arranged my work schedule and went in twice that week. When I showed up on Thursday they were not expecting me at the time I was given.

The team took me to lunch. The more I talked to people it seemed like they were looking for one person with two different skill sets to support two separate lines of work, so I left a little confused about the role itself.

The week after I got a voicemail and an email saying that I lacked a requirement that was no where in the job description, and no one asked me about.

I completely understand priorities changing. There were a couple questions I know I could have given a stronger answer. But the reason they gave me for not proceeding seemed like a cop out for some internal misalignment.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to make up a situation and explain how I would walk a client through different risk scenarios.   1 Answer

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM (Oakland, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I contacted someone at the company after hearing they were looking for someone (no job posting) and it took a couple of months. They were not currently looking, which is probably why I didn't get an offer (yet). Had a phone interview with a junior staff member and that was good. For the in-person I met with seven different people, two or three at a time. They mostly wanted to know if I'd be a good fit based on my experience and expectations, and didn't ask too many tough questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about your time management abilities?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to deal with a conflict at work.   Answer Question
    • How did you hear about us and why are you interested in this type of work?   Answer Question
    • What are some ways you've addressed safety at work in the past?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First you apply online. then after a couple of days you receive a phone call and a quick phone interview. then you are invited to talk to a manager. then you might need to talk to some of his/her team members. the whole process is smooth, easy, and not cumbersome. Just be prepared to talk about your skills and competences.

Interview Questions

• How much are you familiar with Civil 3D/Microstation/Revit Architecture?
      Have you ever seen/worked with standard plans?
      How do you commute between work and home?
      1 Answer

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the company's HR department. Then, I provided my references. After that I had an interview with the hiring manager over the phone, which was followed by an interview in person. At the interview there were three managers who asked my questions about my experience. It seemed like they were interested in my knowledge as well as my overall attitude and demeanor. After the interview I was taken to a room with a laptop which had several (I think three) hypothetical situations that I had to type a response to. For example, one was about sending an email to US Fish and Game about issues on a project site and how I would handle the given situation.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experience and the species that I had worked with specifically.   1 Answer

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, had phone interview two weeks later, then two interviews in person. People are all very nice and easy going. The first in person interview was long, I was asked a lot about my past experience, then I was asked to read some engineering drawings, and I was tested on my language skills (this position requires chinese mandarin skills). The second round was a lot easier, long as well, but I met many people.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

very convoluted and lack of communication

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AECOM (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I sent my resume because I was referred there by a friend who knew someone there. They got back to me and asked me to interview. The questions were typical: job history, what do you hope to learn, how can you contribute, what in your past will help you fit in and contribute here?