AECOM Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AECOM Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received initial response within two weeks. Interviewed via telephone, multiple times, versus several panelists each occasion. Panelists varied from HR rep, program managers that Sr PM position would report to, and technical staff that Sr PM would supervise. Overall, the panel interviews were good.

Position would have required relocation to another city away from family, AND be on travel at least 3 weeks per month. Thus, the position required establishing a second residence that would be rarely used.

Biggest issue was past salary. HR seemed hung up on my past salary. When I declined to provide that information, the interview process stalled. (There is no state or federal requirement to share past salary information.)

Total duration of interview process 64 days, from resume submission to "thanks, no thanks" email.

Interview Questions

• How would mentor inexperienced team members during field assignment?   1 Answer
  • What was salary of your last position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AECOM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied on line through AECOM website. Got a return call from recruiter. Followed that up with a phone interview and then am in person interview. Never heard romantic them again.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather do the work or win the work.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Straightforward process. Resume submitted, emails back and forth then first phone interview. Followed by online application process that was a little muddled, but eventually was cleared up. Final phone interview led to salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Had to explain how my background fit in with their services without too much detailed knowledge of types or process involved.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was well organized. The interviewers were very nice and professional. I was a bit put off by the number of steps in the hiring process once an offer had been accepted but I think it was because they were doing the hiring process for an overseas assignment through the US offices. I think it was more funny than frustrating. The interviewers were really nice.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult or unexpected questions. The interviewers were very good and professional. They did not seem to be trying to trip me up. The whole process was schedule driven and AECOM was on time each and every call or meeting   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered a great salary but I had to negotiate (hard) to get the appropriate housing and car allowance for an overseas assignment

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

Technical, informal but direct. Asks about company knowledge and working with high profile clients, where do you see yourself in 2, 4, 6 years
    Shown presentation and asked to comment on what stood out and what I wouldn't agree with. Very interesting style

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a more of a chat rather than a formal interview. Interview was mainly to understand if the experience suits the requirement for the project they were hiring. It was also to know the knowledge and experience of the person.

Interview Questions

• How can you benefit in the successful project delivery, team dynamics and managing clients.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in November 2012.

Interview

Since I used to work with Savant before and AECOM both Savant, I was called by AECOM for a new position in Russia. Obviously AECOM got information on me and my contact details from my previous colleagues from Savant. The interview was maintained by phone and mainly consisted in explaining the role of the position offered and negotiatiating financial conditions

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Khobar (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM (Khobar (Saudi Arabia)) in January 2012.

Interview

In depth interview covering every aspect of my past experience of both countries worked in and different type of projects.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Protracted, but ultimately very fair result

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

Great Talent Acquisition team made you feel part of the AECOM family from the start. Great on-boarding process

Interview Questions

• Behaviour based interview process, more sophisticated than most   Answer Question

Negotiation

Friendly and fast

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)) in July 2009.

Interview

All done professionally. From the first phone call, to the arrangement of the timing, to the experience at the company offices.
    Interviewers asked personality questions, technical questions and general knowledge questions.
    Negotiation of the compensation package took longer than planned, and more effort than hoped for, but was concluded within two weeks of the start of the process.

Interview Questions

• We need someone with 30 years of experience, and you are 30 years old. Why should we hire you?   Answer Question