AECOM Transportation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AECOM Transportation Engineer Interview Questions

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a skype interview, followed by an in person interview. In person interview was a "Fantastic Friday" event with many other applicants, with a mixer the night before individual interviews .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AECOM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying, I had a phone interview with a recruiter based out of a different office. They weren't able to tell me much about the position or office, but were helpful in suggesting I add some information to my resume after I explained previous internship experience.

There was a mix-and-mingle happy hour with the other interviewees and interviewers the day before the interviews. This was helpful in getting to know the interviewers beforehand, but a little uncomfortable to also be meeting your "competition".

My biggest concern with the interview process was that nobody was able to give me a straight answer on the position in question or what the hiring needs were for their office. This was a little frustrating because after the process, I was told the hiring managers liked me and wanted to hire me but they didn't have the work load to merit creating a new position for someone with my expertise. It would have been nice to know what their hiring needs/work load was so I could determine if I really was an appropriate fit or not.

Interview Questions

• When dealing with a unique project that doesn't fit into typical methodologies, what sort of information do you like to have to begin finding a solution?   1 Answer

Transportation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Brief over the phone review of my previous experience. I spoke with the hiring manager and he was pleasant and soft spoken. I hung up the phone not even feeling like I was just interviewed. The conversation was comfortable and quick.

Interview Questions

• How long I had been doing my previous work   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AECOM (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Was contacted for this position after applying for the same position in another city. Went to VA Beach for the interview anticipating a brief interview however it lasted about half a day. Interview mostly consisted of them selling their different projects and work on me, with very few questions for me other than a few clarifications on my resume.

Transportation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AECOM in March 2012.

Interview

I had applied online and followed up twice on this position, just calling the office the position was located in. I finally got a call back and spoke for about 10 minutes just about some brief background information. Then a formal interview was scheduled to take place at the office. I initially spoke to the same lady who called me, just more about the position and the background. Then 3 others joined and the asked a variety of questions, but it was pretty casual and very easy to just talk for almost two hours. Overall, it was one of the best interview experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

• If Amy came to you and gave you a task that took 8 hours and needed to be done by the end of the day, and then Jess gave you a task that took 8 hours and also needed to be done by the end of the day, what would you do?   Answer Question