AEON Corporation of Japan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Foreign Language Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AEON Corporation of Japan (Nashville, TN) in March 2020.

Interview

It was very straightforward. First, you have a skype interview if they invite you after reviewing your online application. Think of that as a weed-out interview. Next, if you do well, they invite you to an in-person group interview, which hopefully followed by a personal interview. My interviewer was very friendly and put the interviewees at ease. Just be yourself, be respectful, and make sure you follow their dress code and come prepared. Note: I'm waiting to hear back on whether they'll extend an offer or not. So far it's been less than a week since the personal and group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Are you emotionally and financially able to go to Japan?   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Interview

After submitting an application that included an essay I was invited to an interview. The interview was over skype. He asked standard EFL questions. They ask you to wear business professional. Be sure to wear professional trousers or skirt. I had to stand up to demonstrate I was wearing business clothes. Interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEON Corporation of Japan.

Interview

It went well, you have a Skype interview. From their you will be invited to a personal interview in a big city. They hire world wide. It's a smooth process as long as your confident and friendly. I enjoyed my interview even though I was pretty nervous. You got it!

Teacher Interview

Interview

Video call with some basic questions like why you choose to go to Japan, and during the interview, she asks me to stand up like a real teacher stand there.

Teacher In Japan Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEON Corporation of Japan (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2020.

Interview

The first interview was over Skype. Be sure to study the Business and Office Operations tabs on their website because they will be QUIZZING YOU!!! It was completely unexpected because I was under the impression that we were going to go over the contract, not them ask ME about it. Im glad that they liked me because I was given a second chance to call back another day after I review their website closely. Warning: They will make you stand up, so please don't second guess if you should wear formal pants like me... Thank god I decided to put some jeans on lol. They'll ask you to stand up and answer why you want to teach in Japan. They also asked why I was not working for a year between my jobs despite being 19 and full time in college... Interesting work ethic expectations lol.

The interviewers were very kind and I got two different ladies for my part 1 and 2 of my first interview. Be lively and fun, and study the contract. They dont mind if you have notes open!

I still have to do my next interview, but I had to leave a review to continue using the website (???) So I'll put accepted offer for now~!

Interview Questions

• What skills did you learn in your past jobs, and what skills do you think you can learn at AEON?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you have that can help AEON achieve their goal   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Interview

20 min Skype interview where they ask you to STAND UP and present yourself. That's right, make sure you were not sitting in a closet like me!
     I improvised by putting my computer on top of a suitcase while my perfect white wall background was swapped for unconcealable clothing and undergarments on racks. Felt like an invasion of privacy that could have been avoided. Interviewer acted like everything was normal.
    Really unethical to catch people by surprise and not mention necessary standing room for a Skype interview. I would have found another quiet place to do the interview with adequate standing room and a decent background if they had mentioned it.
    I don't recommend this company. Bad experience.

ESL Teacher In Japan Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEON Corporation of Japan (East Los Angeles, CA) in August 2020.

Interview

Be prepared to be quizzed on their website for some reason....They also make you stand up so be fully dressed. You can have your notes or the webpage open so take ful advantage of that when you can.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AEON Corporation of Japan (New York, NY) in July 2020.

Interview

1st step was to tell you about aeon, 2nd step was the group interview, 3rd step in individual interviews/teaching demonstrations. 2nd step was a few hours so that was quite annoying being that all they did was go over information on the website again.

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AEON Corporation of Japan in April 2020.

Interview

Please note: This interview was done during the COVID-19 pandemic and as such was done completely online.

This is a 3 round interview. The first interview is a 15 minute skype call to verify your application documents and you will be quizzed on the material on the website. Read it. Very quick and easy.

If you made it past the first round, you will be invited to a group interview. This is where you would normally meet in person, but due to COVID I did this over Zoom. The group interview is 3 to 3.5 hours long. This is more of a sales pitch from the recruiters than an interview. They basically present every page of their website. They will intermittently ask you questions about AEON to make sure you were paying attention to the presentation. Answer those questions when asked! Don't be silent. It is quite exhausting as you are just listening to the same things you already read on the website. Smile a lot, pay attention and look interested. They will provide opportunities to ask some questions about the company. Ask something.

After the group interview, you will hopefully be scheduled to do a personal interview. They ask you some more questions related to moving to Japan and the company, but never really about your experience or qualifications. Prior to this interview you will be given a sample lesson to teach to your recruiter. This is just a page out of some textbook and was very vague. There were no instructions on what to do. You have to "teach" this lesson for 5 minutes. After, they will ask you what you thought you did good and what you could improve on. Then the recruiter will teach the lesson to you. Remember the differences in their presentation against yours. Now you will have the opportunity to reteach your lesson to the recruiter. Remember to SMILE and be energetic. Thats what they are looking for the most.

Also, wear a suit. You will most likely be disqualified if you are not wearing a suit at any point in these interviews.

Overall, this felt more like a sales pitch to me than an interview of me and my experiences. In that aspect, it was pretty easy. It was however, unnecessarily long. They are looking mostly at your personality and not on your teaching ability.

Foreign English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AEON Corporation of Japan (Nashville, TN) in March 2020.

Interview

The first interview is online via Skype, the second interview and the third interview is in person. Second interview and third interview are on the same day.

The second interview is group interview, and you are given a sample kids lesson to teach, and an adult sample lesson to teach. There is also a general information section, and this is the longest part of the interview. After your 5-minute adult lesson, you are to write down two things you did well and two things you could do better with your lesson. If you get the third, or one-on-one interview, you will discuss this, and then re-teach the lesson in the way the interviewer shows you.

At the end of the group interview, there is a brief spelling and grammar test.

Interview Questions

• What are two things you did well with your lesson, and two things you could improve on?   Answer Question