AEP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AEP

2.7

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial interview on phone with manager for the position and employee who previously held job. Interview was ok and about what I expected. At end I asked if they had any questions. The manager then told me the position required IT experience in contracts and I had none. I mentioned that as an attorney with lots of technical experience, it would not take long for me to get up to speed. The manager was not an attorney and I don't think he wanted an attorney to have the position. If IT experience was so important, it should have been mentioned in the job posting, or by the job screening interview I had prior to my first interview. The manager was dismissive and unpleasant. I felt bamboozled and disappointed with AEP process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with IT contracts.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Applied online interviewed in person 3-5 weeks later questions were all behavioral. Was asked the same three or four questions over and over in different ways. was reimburesed milagr for travel to and from headquarters in Columbus ohio

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in September 2018.

Interview

I had only one interview and it was over the phone. Because of the odd questions I was asked that I wouldn’t have known to prepare for I felt poorly about my chances after the interview. Only 8 hours later I was given a call by my recruiter and told there was an offer!

Interview Questions

• How many lines of code did you write on such-and-such project?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever used tables in html and for loops?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

First interview, process not completed yet, HR will notify me if I get to participate in a second in person interview. The interviewer was great at explaining the process to me.

Interview Questions

• An explanation of resume to get an idea of how my experience pertains to the job I am applying. What my availability would be if hired as well.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Unprofessional and disorganized. Honestly, I didn’t actually get to interview. I was called in the early afternoon to set up an interview for that week and told I would receive a confirmation by email. Approximately 6 hours later, I received a call back from another employee, apologizing and informing me that there was a “clerical error” and I was not supposed to get an interview. The second caller encouraged me to keep applying and that we may be able to find a match. She herself was professional in apologizing, but the whole mistake was very discouraging and made the company seem very unorganized and unprofessional in its hiring procedures.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP.

Interview

It was quite hard but the questions were straight forward, just be honest and not nerve. I love this company. I love the quality of work they provide and I want to be a part of that kind of work.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AEP (Tulsa, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief and straight forward, great people who just want someone who is a hard worker. They appreciate a good cover letter. Most of the people interviewing me worked their long term and were locals, that is the type of people I think they prefer, grassroots and someone who is going to stay awhile. If you are super ambitious this company may not be for you, that is why I chose not to stay.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in working for a utility?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The departments seemed out of touch with each other in coordinating interns so when negotiating pay see what others are getting especially when it comes to housing, I got very underpaid compared to others.

IT Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AEP in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Called in for interview a few weeks later. Met with Manager and a few other associates. Very open questioning based on resume and experience. The process went very well.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Process took way to long and didn't get offer after three interviews times for same position. It was really disappointing especially cause it was the third job I applied and interviewed for there. I feel they wasted my time when they may not have been serious about me as candidate.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in June 2008.

Interview

Very basic: HR, manager, coworkers. Simple questions, mostly personality focused for 'fit', few or no skills questions, no review of work samples, background/credit history check. They really didn't seem to know what they were doing.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do outside of work?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer working individually or as part of a team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Can negotiate salary. Benefits are harder.