AEP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 26, 2016

2.7

Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (New York, NY).

Interview

The only questions asked were of the self evaluation type, and who wouldn't answer all those positively? No specific technical questions of any kind to actually verify you were indeed qualified, outside of your own opinion.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AEP.

Interview

Random questions were asked. There was a mix of technical and behavioral interview questions. The interview took an hour with several people on the phone. It was a very interesting interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AEP.

Interview

Let a former administrative assistant sit in on the interview with the managers. Looking back, not sure that was entirely appropriate. Otherwise, the interview was very pleasant. Lasted about 30 minutes.

Regulatory Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

The process ran about twice as long as planned, but I interviewed with two hiring managers and the department head. Each basically asked me the same questions but in separate interviews. Everyone was exceptionally nice and the job description was explained in great detail. Overall, a great experience, but it would have been nicer to have all the interviewers in the room at the same time so I didn't have to repeat myself.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Line Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (Kingsville, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

after passing cast test and pre assesment (basically a test to ensure you meet physical requirements of the job), interview was filled with standard questions... strengths and weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years, any related skills or education, etc.

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Resumes were reviewed and then interviews were conducted. There was an interview with the current counsel who described the positions that were open and asked questions. They were very pleasant and approachable but did not seem to have a firm description of the position being offered. It seemed like they would be a good company and group to work with.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Called the HR before the onsite interview and explained my salary and relocation expectation. Told the HR that if they can not meet my expectation, then don't bring me onsite. They still brought me onsite. The interview was good, but no news after that since they can not pay that much.

Advice: If you can not meet the expectation of the candidate, don't bring the person onsite since it will be waste of both parties money and time.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AEP (Texarkana, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online. Several months later, the hiring manager contacted me about setting up a phone interview. After the initial phone interview, there was an in person interview with the hiring manager and senior engineer. After the second round of questioning, we took a site visit to several ongoing field projects that AEP was currently working on.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle customer relations? Are you an effective communicator? Are you an effective multitasker?   Answer Question

Distribution Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position as soon as it went up and they contacted me within 2 days. I did a phone interview and that went well. There was a somewhat significant wait to hear back from them, but a second interview was scheduled about 4 weeks after the phone interview. This was face to face and also went very well. There were not many technical questions, instead they focused more on my work experience and how I worked as a team member.

Interview Questions

• How important is safety to you?   1 Answer

Energy Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with a manager and peer for first interview. Invited for a second interview with eight people, 4 managers (one on the phone), and 4 peers. They asked general interview questions and a few specific to the actual job. Nothing really technical. I was asked about my marital status and if I had children which is illegal. The person who asked said they were trying to get an idea of what I liked to do outside of work. The team seemed really close-knit so if I don't get any feedback I'll assume it's because I'm not married with children.

Interview Questions

• Are you married? Do you have children?   1 Answer