AEP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.7

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Transmission Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP.

Interview

The process was standard procedure. I wasn't asked any technical question. All of the questions were behavioral type questions. I was interviewed by three individuals all of whom took turns reading questions off of a list.

Interview Questions

• Your standard, "Describe a situation where...." questions   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

First interview, process not completed yet, HR will notify me if I get to participate in a second in person interview. The interviewer was great at explaining the process to me.

Interview Questions

• An explanation of resume to get an idea of how my experience pertains to the job I am applying. What my availability would be if hired as well.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Applied online interviewed in person 3-5 weeks later questions were all behavioral. Was asked the same three or four questions over and over in different ways. was reimburesed milagr for travel to and from headquarters in Columbus ohio

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview. The first interview was the Director and a peer. There was an explanation of the position and a few basic questions about my experience and how I would fit in the role. I was called back for a second interview where there was the Director, her boss and six other people from the department. There were a lot of specific questions but no organization to the process, it felt like an interrogation at times. The position was given to an internal candidate. I have interviewed with AEP 3-4 times over the past two years and every position has been filled with an internal candidate. The communication from HR is very poor after a number of phone calls and emails I had to contact a friend who works there to let me know the position was filled.

Commercial Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Phone interview with the hiring manager about about a week later, pretty basic 30 minute phone interview. Manager very friendly. Brought into the Nationwide Blvd AEP office and was interview by 3 groups of 2 people all from the department (so 6 total). It took about 2 hours. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. A lot of general questions about my personality and resume. I got a positive vibe for AEP corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Can you name an example of a time that you had to deal with a difficult individual and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (New York, NY).

Interview

The only questions asked were of the self evaluation type, and who wouldn't answer all those positively? No specific technical questions of any kind to actually verify you were indeed qualified, outside of your own opinion.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AEP.

Interview

Random questions were asked. There was a mix of technical and behavioral interview questions. The interview took an hour with several people on the phone. It was a very interesting interview.

Regulatory Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

The process ran about twice as long as planned, but I interviewed with two hiring managers and the department head. Each basically asked me the same questions but in separate interviews. Everyone was exceptionally nice and the job description was explained in great detail. Overall, a great experience, but it would have been nicer to have all the interviewers in the room at the same time so I didn't have to repeat myself.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Line Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (Kingsville, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

after passing cast test and pre assesment (basically a test to ensure you meet physical requirements of the job), interview was filled with standard questions... strengths and weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years, any related skills or education, etc.

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Resumes were reviewed and then interviews were conducted. There was an interview with the current counsel who described the positions that were open and asked questions. They were very pleasant and approachable but did not seem to have a firm description of the position being offered. It seemed like they would be a good company and group to work with.