AEP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AEP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AEP.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview. Then had an in person interview. Was notified I got the job in about a week after in person interview. They asked basic questions. Everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in certain situations. A few technical questions.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AEP.

Interview

Job seekers always seem to assume that the process works perfectly and smoothly on the employer’s side. But, speaking as someone who has been on the “other side” of the process, that assumption is often totally wrong. The reason you haven’t heard from them probably has little to do with you. Or it could have everything to do with you.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AEP (Shreveport, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied thru staffing agency. Went to agency to test a week later, passed, and then set appointment to take test at AEP call center 2 weeks later. Test consisted of 4 parts on scantron testing vocabulary, math, comprehension and data entry. If pass all parts then you take a computer test taking simulated calls. After passing that you setup to have interview with managers where they ask typical questions, all this is done in one day. Accepted job offer over week later. Starting pay $13.25.

Commercial Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Phone interview with the hiring manager about about a week later, pretty basic 30 minute phone interview. Manager very friendly. Brought into the Nationwide Blvd AEP office and was interview by 3 groups of 2 people all from the department (so 6 total). It took about 2 hours. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. A lot of general questions about my personality and resume. I got a positive vibe for AEP corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Can you name an example of a time that you had to deal with a difficult individual and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (New York, NY).

Interview

The only questions asked were of the self evaluation type, and who wouldn't answer all those positively? No specific technical questions of any kind to actually verify you were indeed qualified, outside of your own opinion.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AEP.

Interview

Random questions were asked. There was a mix of technical and behavioral interview questions. The interview took an hour with several people on the phone. It was a very interesting interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AEP.

Interview

Let a former administrative assistant sit in on the interview with the managers. Looking back, not sure that was entirely appropriate. Otherwise, the interview was very pleasant. Lasted about 30 minutes.

Regulatory Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

The process ran about twice as long as planned, but I interviewed with two hiring managers and the department head. Each basically asked me the same questions but in separate interviews. Everyone was exceptionally nice and the job description was explained in great detail. Overall, a great experience, but it would have been nicer to have all the interviewers in the room at the same time so I didn't have to repeat myself.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Line Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (Kingsville, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

after passing cast test and pre assesment (basically a test to ensure you meet physical requirements of the job), interview was filled with standard questions... strengths and weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years, any related skills or education, etc.

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Resumes were reviewed and then interviews were conducted. There was an interview with the current counsel who described the positions that were open and asked questions. They were very pleasant and approachable but did not seem to have a firm description of the position being offered. It seemed like they would be a good company and group to work with.