AEP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Meter Servicer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AEP (Longview, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online in July and received an email to take a CAST test in September a few weeks later I received another email to interview the beginning of October. The interviewer seem to need someone right away. After several weeks and emails to them, i have yet to receive an offer or decline email.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 safety measures you use everyday.   2 Answers

Sustainability Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AEP (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

I was interviewed by the Sustainability Manager and an HR employee. The interview consisted in answering questions in what my career history was and why I wanted this position. The interview lasted about four hours and was a very comfortable interview, more of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What difficult or complicated problems have you had to encounter on your job.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (Texarkana, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty standard process. First interview was over the phone as I lived out of town. I then heard back a couple weeks later to go do a second interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things about communication that you have found to be important in your work experience.   Answer Question

Senior Workforce Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process acceptable; unique panel discussion based on job applying. As like most employers, had to send two messages to Recruiter to learn if was accepted for the job.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

A recruiter called me and asked me some filtering questions. She then set up the interview. When I arrived I talked to the recruiter first for a bit, then be interviewed by the area manager and the supervisor at the same time.

Interview Questions

• They have a list of questions that HR has created to go by. Most interviewers use several of these and then ask questions of their own. This interviewer went down the whole list, several pages. I was told a decision would be made in 2 weeks however it has been 3 months and there has still been no decision. However I am still in contention for the position.   Answer Question

Transmission Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP.

Interview

The process was standard procedure. I wasn't asked any technical question. All of the questions were behavioral type questions. I was interviewed by three individuals all of whom took turns reading questions off of a list.

Interview Questions

• Your standard, "Describe a situation where...." questions   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

First interview, process not completed yet, HR will notify me if I get to participate in a second in person interview. The interviewer was great at explaining the process to me.

Interview Questions

• An explanation of resume to get an idea of how my experience pertains to the job I am applying. What my availability would be if hired as well.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Applied online interviewed in person 3-5 weeks later questions were all behavioral. Was asked the same three or four questions over and over in different ways. was reimburesed milagr for travel to and from headquarters in Columbus ohio

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AEP.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview. Then had an in person interview. Was notified I got the job in about a week after in person interview. They asked basic questions. Everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in certain situations. A few technical questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview. The first interview was the Director and a peer. There was an explanation of the position and a few basic questions about my experience and how I would fit in the role. I was called back for a second interview where there was the Director, her boss and six other people from the department. There were a lot of specific questions but no organization to the process, it felt like an interrogation at times. The position was given to an internal candidate. I have interviewed with AEP 3-4 times over the past two years and every position has been filled with an internal candidate. The communication from HR is very poor after a number of phone calls and emails I had to contact a friend who works there to let me know the position was filled.