AGCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AGCO Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.5

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AGCO in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview went great. Was very interested in the position. Was setup for an on site interview about a week later.

On the day of the interview, AGCO canceled because some of the interviewers had to go to Illinois for something. Left 2 voicemails in the following week, NEVER heard back from them again.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AGCO in May 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening via a local employee in Hesston KS. They seemed satisfied with my knowledge and expertise. They set up a second phone screening with an out of state company, I believe in Colorado. This girl did not have a clue what she was talking about, and was almost rude to me. After that point, I did not hear from AGCO again. I have several internal friends and they said that's kind of how the company works sometimes... Hesston KS is not very close to any big cities being 30-40 minutes away from Wichita, and 20 minutes away from McPherson which is a small town. The position still has not been filled.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AGCO (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

A phone screening that was very brief. The interviewer was very young or inexperienced as was evidenced by her lack of relevant inquiry. When I described my current activities as related to a "start-up" she responded with: "So you are unemployed?" She was insulting and unprepared for this brief encounter. I'm not sure why she included me on her list for screening as it appears that was a decision that was already made before the call.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AGCO.

Interview

Phone interview with technical manager to discuss level of experience related to industry and specific equipment control. Discussion related to controls experience with specific operator interface protocols. Was later informed that was not selected for further consideration.

Interview Questions

• Casual general questions - related to specific equipment operator controls.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AGCO (Batavia, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly lengthy. I had 3 phone interviews (recruiter, hiring manager, & director) that staggered over a few weeks. After the initial stage I was asked for an on-site interview which consisted of (5) 45-minute mini one on one interviews with various managers and one HR Generalist. It was a very intense process with many difficult questions some of which I did not feel were relevant.

Interview Questions

• How much money did you make at your previous position?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you failed to communicate in a timely manner   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your thought process about how you would solve an overstock issue   Answer Question

Production Manager - La Porte Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Porte, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AGCO (La Porte, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Rcv'ed qualifying call fm HR, who then sent my info to hiring mgr. The hiring mgr called to qualify and set an interview time. Went to plant for a 2.5 hr interview & tour with hiring mgr where all seemed to go well. Next, did 2 more phone interviews, 1 with logistics mgr and other a conf. call with prod mgr fm main plant, an HR rep, and another person in logistics. This is where it seems things went wrong since it appears these people couldn't comprehend how my advanced skills could transfer to overseeing the final assy of small tractors. A conf. call for this doesn't seem to be a good venue.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AGCO (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, then in-person interview with the hiring manager. Brought back for a 1/2 day session with others both within and outside the department who I might interface with. Everyone had a standard list of questions (provided by HR). Very nice - made sure I was comfortable, offered water, etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AGCO (Duluth, GA).

Interview

Got a phone interview after campus recruiting, no difficult questions. Questions are based on your understanding of the company and your past working experience. I didn't get second interview and got reply after about one month to inform me that I did not picked by the company. The entire process is very slow. I got my phone interview after about 2 months of my application.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AGCO (Duluth, GA).

Interview

Multiple telephone interviews and a 2 in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you foresee as your most difficult task in first few weeks in position ?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hesston, KS

Interview

I was called out of the blue in late spring by a recruiter for the company. They gave me the sales pitch of what a great company it is to work for and the move to middle America will be beneficial if I am trying to gain quality of life with a decreased commute time. This first phase was a pass as the Engineer Manager wanted to talk to me afterwards. A phone interview was then setup with the Engineer Manager.
    The phone interview with the Engineer Manager was twenty minutes and went well. I was soon contacted by the recruiter to set up a live interview. They wanted me to fly in that Friday and tried to add guilt that I need to be flexible for them. I agreed to the next Monday, and they set me up with a realtor to show me around on Sunday.
    The Monday morning of the interview was in 4 segments. First with the Director, then the Engineer Manager, then Test Manager, and lunch. The first segment was almost an hour with the Director with him speaking for nearly 50 minutes of this time. Not a good sign. Second segment was with the Engineer Manager and a System Engineer. This was better as it was more of an equal exchange in conversation, but the Systems Engineer did not interact as much. The third segment was with the Test Manager and a Systems Engineer. This was by far the best of the segments in regards to technical, professional, and personal discussions. Then the lunch as all the interviewers were there at one time. As I sat down the Director and Engineer Manager were arguing over how to approach the design and implementation of projects. After we placed our orders the topic shifted to the use of Amazon Prime as the primary shopping method of the Engineering Manager. The Director could not believe that Amazon had a business model that would last. The Engineering Manager just liked using it. This back and forth was all through lunch and all I could think was how the working environment must be like with this constant state of discourse. Also there was communal seating (romper room) that I would have had to endure if hired.
    After lunch I met with the recruiter and personnel to go over benefits and such. The recruiter assured that I would have an answer of employment by the end of the week. After two weeks I contacted the recruiter, and she said that I did not have the technical skills according to the Engineering Manager. Thank God.