AGL Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AGL Resources (Naperville, IL).

Interview

I applied for the position and at least 5 days letter was invited to take the assessment. A day or twould later I was notified I passed via phone call from a recruiter and was told about the job description and then offered phone interview the same day. After a successful phone interview I was scheduled for a face to face for the next day. During the face to face they ask behavioral questions asking you to describe specific scenarios. For me I though I hit it off well with the interviews I thought I did well with answering the questions. They told me that if I did not hear from the recruiter by the end of the next week to definitely give them the call. The following business day I was notified by email I was not accepted. The decision was heartbreaking as it seem that I nailed the position, but the interviewers thought otherwise I guess. The process was fast, I just wish it was a different outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when......   1 Answer

Tax Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Resources (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the HR department to setup an interview. They were very detailed about their directions to the office and when to be there. I really appreciated that. When I got to the office, I met up with the HR rep I was working with and the Tax manager. I was a bit nervous because I really wanted this position, but the interviewers made me feel comfortable so that I can be myself. It was a casual yet professional interview. I had no problem with the entire process.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Sit down with about 2 interviewers and they ask you basic interview questions. The building is downtown and they sit down with you. Laid back interview should get job if you get interview. easy opportunity for growth once inside company. Able to move to corporate, call center or in the field. Just go into interview with confidence and you will get the job

Field Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AGL Resources (Naperville, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

They ask you several generic questions designed to have no specific answer. You're told to describe to the best of your abilities a situation where you encountered whatever is posed in the question and how you handled it, among other similar questions. Regardless of how impressive your interview is, or how qualified you are, they're probably going to hire their coworker's nephew, so DO NOT get your hopes up.

Interview Questions

• Explain situation XYZ and how you handled it:   1 Answer

General Technician Apprentice AG/BG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AGL Resources (Riverdale, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied for position on Feb 16th, 2015. Had a phone screening and interview on May 14th 2015. Had face to face interview with two person panel on May 19th 2015.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to handle an irate customer, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to be a team player and how did you do that?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Resources (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel style interview. Jumped right into it. Held at their corporate headquarters. This was preceeded by phone screens. Did take longer than expected between interviews for call backs. Overall experience was fine.

Accountant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AGL Resources (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Relaxed and conversational, overall a great interview process compared to others I have been through. Quick process, interviews with three managers+ over two days. I did my research on the role, the company and on my interviewers so I was prepared going in to all three interviews (over two days). The interviewers were very nice which eased the stress of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Common interview questions; what is your biggest weakness/strength, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter handled this process, which was great. I was kept in the loop at all times.

Data Verification Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Resources (Riverdale, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Smooth, comfortable setting. I did not feel rushed or as if they were not listening. The majority of the questions that I planned on asking they covered. That was a good feeling because that left less questions for me to ask.

Interview Questions

• What hours where I looking for?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AGL Resources.

Interview

Last minute request for interview. 24 hours notice. Panel interview of 4 people was very serious. They asked "what if" questions that did not apply to the job. Very odd.

Interview Questions

• They all were unexpected questions. This was a sales position and we didn't talk about my sales ability or experience at all.   Answer Question

Job description changed after the interview and compensation was not fair.

Clean & Check Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestwood, Cook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AGL Resources (Crestwood, Cook, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Very simple interview, asked behavioral type questions, also some technical questions (Refrigeration cycle, sequence of operation) Interviewed with 2 people, laid back. Also do extensive background check.