AHRC New York City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.6

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Disorganized and insulting, I was treated as if I was in high school and I was being sent down to the principal. I met for a second interview and they still refused to tell me how much they would pay me. They kept saying it was a range and only the Director was authorized to make an offer. They even checked my references before the interview and my references said they were very rude and asked illegal questions with out having any thing signed by me for consent. One person the nurse educator was actually very nice, and I wanted to work with her. But the other one kept referring to RNs as being just a nurse, and not as educated as she was. This was very humiliating

Interview Questions

• They did not ask any normal questions, they just kept talking about how unprepared all the other people who applied for the job were. And they kept saying how they had problems with people coming in late. "How do I know if you are going to come late?" was a question that I refused to dignify with an answer. This was amateur hour and completely undignified and unprofessional   1 Answer

Community Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview, very laid back. The two people who interviewed me where very friendly and made sure to include everyone. You have to fill a paper application at the end.

Administrative Ops Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I was nervous, of course, but both interviewers made the experience a great one. They offer you something to drink, my advice? accept it. It took about 20-25 minutes. A tip? They will ask if you have any questions for them at the end of the interview. I'd come prepared with a couple. It's not a must, but it shows your genuine interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where an issue/conflict presented itself. How did you handle it?
      When a new software was presented to you that you had to learn, how did you react to that?   Answer Question

Job Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (Bronx, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

very laid back. More conversational than anything else. One on one interview with a supervisor. if they call you in for an interview more than likely they will offer you the job as job coaches are needed. Just be friendly and polite

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible? (extremely important)   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very basic interview questions. Not a lot of pressure during the interview. You must be able to work with disabled people because there are some who work in the offices. Ran through experience in resume. Very quick response back. Background check along with finger printing. Overall pretty easy.

Behavior Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was comfortable and many of the requests made were told to me to be attainable. Some were even guaranteed. However, once the hiring process began, many of those promises were then taking off of the table.

Community Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Arrived a the location and found that I was supposed to fill out a PAPER application; It was identical to the application I filled out online. Apparently the location does not have their systems entirely digitized. I was interviewed by two people, the current (temporary) director and the director that will replace her. They were pretty general in their questioning, such as the type of people I've worked with and my work background in general; they asked about my education once they realized it was relevant. Overall the interview seemed more like a casual chat, so it wasn't intimidating or anything.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions, such as if I have ever worked with mentally disabled/challenged people and what my experiences were like if I had   Answer Question

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Neck, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (Little Neck, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I contacted my local YMCA via email asking if they were looking to fill positions for their summer camp. I was quickly responded to by a summer camp coordinator and set up an interview date via email. Shortly after I received a phone call and was told what specific things I would need to bring. I was also given a brief description of the positions looking to be filled. I met with the coordinator that week and filled out a lot of paper work. The coordinator then asked me questions about myself, my plans, my passions, my interests, and why I wanted to work with individuals with special needs.

Direct Care Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (Jamaica, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Called in to speak with manager and then called back to interview with the coordinator. It was a very short interview process. She made the job responsibilities very clear and it was a very comfortable interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

I felt at ease and comfortable. I liked that the person who interviewed me was open, curious, empathetic and seemed honestly interested about my endeavors, goals and ideas. Everyone was kind and welcoming. The actual hiring process was longer that I expected.