AHRC New York City Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 24 of over 24 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at AHRC New York City

AHRC New York City

Application

I interviewed at AHRC New York City

Interview

An entry level job, they are trying to convince you to work in such an intense direct care role with people with developmental disabilities. You get interviewed at least twice.

Interview Questions
  • Would you be willing to treat our consumers with the respect they deserve while having the patience to repeat skills training again and again and again?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (Brooklyn, NY) in Aug 2019

Interview

I got an initial call from a recruiter to get information about my background and education. He then sent my application and qualifications out to several AHRC NYC locations and I then got a call back from the hiring managers. A few days later I went in to interview with the program director and assistant, it was a typical interview about 30-40 minutes just having a conversation about the program and my background. At the end they asked if I can come in that same week to meet the participants in the program, even though they didn't give me enough information they wanted me to do an "activity" with them when I came back for about 2 hours. The program director and assistant that interviewed me gave me no clues about interests of the participants etc, which I thought was strange. I came in that same week and found the program to be a mess, I got to meet everyone. However no one was interested in the activity I brought and I basically just felt awkward having a conversation with the participants, while they (the participants) were waiting to leave for their activities out in the communities. I thought this was a strange approach as I have over 2 years of experience in this entry level position and know this population very well. About 2 hours in the second day that I was there the program director's assistant told me they were "screening" other applicants and would call me if they thought I was qualified. Definitely a strange unnecessary approach for an entry level low paid position. (The second part) But Okay. It was evident to me the program needs MUCH work.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY) in Jul 2017

Interview

Disorganized and insulting, I was treated as if I was in high school and I was being sent down to the principal. I met for a second interview and they still refused to tell me how much they would pay me. They kept saying it was a range and only the Director was authorized to make an offer. They even checked my references before the interview and my references said they were very rude and asked illegal questions with out having any thing signed by me for consent. One person the nurse educator was actually very nice, and I wanted to work with her. But the other one kept referring to RNs as being just a nurse, and not as educated as she was. This was very humiliating

Interview Questions
  • They did not ask any normal questions, they just kept talking about how unprepared all the other people who applied for the job were. And they kept saying how they had problems with people coming in late. "How do I know if you are going to come late?" was a question that I refused to dignify with an answer. This was amateur hour and completely undignified and unprofessional

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY) in Apr 2017

Interview

It was good. They were very nice and very thorough and clear with what was expected and what you would gain from this employment. there's not much more that I cant say about this

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY)

Interview

Group interview, very laid back. The two people who interviewed me where very friendly and made sure to include everyone. You have to fill a paper application at the end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (Bronx, NY) in Apr 2016

Interview

You get interviewed by two or more MSC supervisors. They ask you about you expirience and personality. It’s straight forward to get hired as kind as you have the experience which is 2 years working with their population and an associate degree in related field.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about you experience working with people with disability.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY) in Jan 2016

Interview

Pretty quick process, you go in and fill out additional paperwork, discuss your past experiences related to the position, talk about your current availability and boom, so long as you pass the background check, you’re basically hired

Interview Questions
  • How many years experience do you have
  • Have you ever worked in the dd population, give an example

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY) in Jul 2015

Interview

I was nervous, of course, but both interviewers made the experience a great one. They offer you something to drink, my advice? accept it. It took about 20-25 minutes. A tip? They will ask if you have any questions for them at the end of the interview. I'd come prepared with a couple. It's not a must, but it shows your genuine interest in the position.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where an issue/conflict presented itself. How did you handle it? When a new software was presented to you that you had to learn, how did you react to that?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at AHRC New York City (Bronx, NY) in Jun 2015

Interview

very laid back. More conversational than anything else. One on one interview with a supervisor. if they call you in for an interview more than likely they will offer you the job as job coaches are needed. Just be friendly and polite

Interview Questions
  • Are you flexible? (extremely important)
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY) in Jun 2015

Interview

It was a very basic interview questions. Not a lot of pressure during the interview. You must be able to work with disabled people because there are some who work in the offices. Ran through experience in resume. Very quick response back. Background check along with finger printing. Overall pretty easy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Interviews