AIB Capital Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIB Capital Markets Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2016

Credit Official - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIB Capital Markets (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

After my application, I was contacted by phone by HR who asked me quite a bit of questions about myslef and my CV.
    Afterwards they sent me an online test to complete, comprehension, numerical skills, logical skills. After they assessed the test resuts I was invited to an interview at the AIB bankcentre in Dublin with the hiring managers.
    The Interview was behavioural-based, almost an hour of questions about how I acted in my previous experience, CV at hand. They would ask me examples of a certain skill I would have demonstrated in the past, in detail.

Bank Official Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballsbridge (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIB Capital Markets (Ballsbridge (Ireland)).

Interview

1- PHONE CALL - HR called asking about previous experience, education and APA certificates.
    2 - Aptitude test - Around 100 people (or more) attended to the aptitude test in the Bank Center Ballsbridge. Very organized, amazing staff and friendly staff.
    3 - Interview - 2 Managers (I discover that one of them was my actual bank manager later when I started), asked simple questions basically the same as in the phone but they asked about my voluntary work as well. Few questions about AIB products, if you have an account would be easy to answer. You can also check the website. We spoke more about my voluntary work, I was truly surprised. Loved the energy in the interview room. Makes you fell that you want to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your voluntary work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer and acceptance. Negotiated the Branch to have easy access.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIB Capital Markets.

Interview

There was a phone screening interview with the HR representative first. Then the hiring manager reviewed the interview notes. The face to face interview was with two senior people who worked in the department. It was Competency Based interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIB Capital Markets.

Interview

I applied via the AIB careers website, I was contacted shortly after requesting a phone interview. This was a short conversation reviewing mainly my technical skills. I brought to the next round of face-to-face interviews. The interview was competency based and lasted around 40 minutes. At the end I was required to sit a small written test to assess my level in SQL.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult or designed to trip you up. All competency questions based around technical skills, communication, problem solving, teamwork, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIB Capital Markets (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2015.

Interview

the interview was a standard panel interview with two employees and questions were largerly based around skills and competencies. the interview lasted a half hour and feedback was delievered quickly.

Interview Questions

• have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you deal with that situation?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Credit unions offer more bang for your buck over traditional banks. They typically pay higher interest rates on all deposit accounts including savings, money market, and checking accounts. These rates range anywhere from 4 to 10 times the amount in interest you would receive from your local commercial bank. Only online banks offer rates that are competitive or, in some cases, better than the rates offered by credit unions.
    2. Lower Loan & Credit Card Rates
    Credit unions offer the same financial products as banks, but they are much cheaper. Most people use their local credit union for car purchases because the rate is normally lower than dealer financing and because commercial banks are normally a percentage point or two higher than credit unions. Credit unions also offer relatively low APRs on mortgages, personal loans, and credit cards.

Interview Questions

• Credit unions offer fewer financial products than larger national banks. For example, Bank of America currently offers 5 different types of checking and savings accounts, 29 different credit cards, and a host of loan and investment products. In comparison, the credit union where I live offers only 2 types of checking and savings accounts, 2 credit cards, one mortgage loan, one personal loan, and one auto loan.
      With less to choose from, you don’t have as much freedom. By going with a larger bank, you can select the financial products that suit you best, which could mean lower fees or more rewards.
      Answer Question

Corporate Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIB Capital Markets (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied directly on the company's website. I was then called by a HR employee who invited me to an aptitude test in Dublin city. The final round was an interview at Headquarters with two managers as well as the presentation of a SWOT analysis. The interviewers were very fair and the overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• What are the main things you would look for in assessing the financial health of a company?   Answer Question

Interview

Only internal Bank candidates allowed to apply but now taking all comers. Relevant experience of banking / finance required together with a degree in accounting, law or taxation.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with the following scenario ............... Expect candidate to show common sense approach in answering question and that candidate is not panicked by the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it !

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIB Capital Markets.

Interview

a aptitude test was needed before an interview was offered. The interview was very functional, asking about previous experience and what I thought made a good customer service advisor.

Interview Questions

• How do you remain calm when you are dealing with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Assistant Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIB Capital Markets (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

1 interview with HR and Senior Manager, following screening process by recruiter

Interview Questions

• In depth scrutiny of previous experience at competing bank. Technical knowledge and market questions. Further HR type questions regarding personality traits and dealing with various experiences   Answer Question