AICPA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AICPA Interview Questions

2.8

– Internal Audit, Risk, and Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AICPA (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. It wasn't bad. I had two over the phone. Both went pretty well I was only surprised by a few questions. Very nice easy to talk to. Seems like it is a young crowd. Next interview will be in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, strengths, what friends say about you.   Answer Question

Member Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AICPA (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

there were two people included in the interview. For the most part the questions were pretty basic and typical. We did a minor role play exercise that scripted how well you can talk to customers. Also was able to sit with a current team member to get a feel as to what a typical call is like.

Interview Questions

• can you name a time when you were able to recognize a pattern in a reoccurring problem and did you make any reccommendations as to how to resolve it?   Answer Question

Director Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AICPA (New York, NY).

Interview

Strong interview. Scheduled a meeting for an hour and spent four hours talking business strategy with a very smart VP. Introduced to the sales team to determine who the top players might be. I picked correctly after spending 30 minutes with the team as a group.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AICPA.

Interview

First interview was on-campus. Very relaxed, average interview questions about my experience, was told that day that I would get a second interview. Second interview was in-office. I interviewed with three people (one on one) from the department, again very relaxed. Everyone was very friendly. After this interview, I never heard from them again. Even after contacting HR, I did not hear a decision.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you would want if you were stranded on a deserted island?   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at AICPA (Durham, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

First HR Screening and then a Skype interview with two senior level employees. And then we set up an on-site interview which was on 6th July. But it's weird that the HR didn't send me an interview confirmation and he didn't reply my email and didn't answer my phone on 6th July. At the end of day, he said "apologize for lack of communication, would talk with you tmr" and i waited for another two days and there was no response either. It turned out to be they don't need to talk more with me cuz they have hired another candidate or something like that.

Interview Questions

• 1, Why this company?
      2, walk through the resume?
      3, they emphasized the Tableau and other visualization tools.   Answer Question

ERP Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AICPA.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy, you need to have the right staffing agent to get into this company specially in the IT Department. If you know the higher management and have know a little bit with a great Resume, you should be able to qualify.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AICPA.

Interview

In person interview with my future direct report followed by a phone interview with the Director. Also has another interview with a team member. After that, it took a couple of weeks for HR to come back to me with an offer.

Manager Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AICPA (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Three step interview process - HR screen interview, hiring manager interview, and key stakeholder interviews. Duration of process was ~2 months, a bit lengthy, otherwise a common interview structure utilized. Liked the chance to meet and interview with key stakeholders as it broadens the ability to learn about an organization and what is important, expected, etc.

Interview Questions

• What differentiates you from other qualified candidates?   Answer Question

A/R Dues Clerk (Temp) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AICPA (Durham, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Gave resume to HR at career fair, was contacted a week later to talk and arrange an in-person interview the following week. Interviewers were friendly and the woman from HR was great. Overall good interview experience, no difficult questions. Offered the job a day later.

Analyst-Marketing Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AICPA (Durham, NC).

Interview

Applied online. Questioned some people I knew who had worked there, who said it was a decent place to work. Had a phone interview that went well. Was invited back for "live" interview.

Of all of the in-person interviews I've ever had, this was the strangest. I was told I would have a "speed-dating" style interview with 5 different people for 30 minutes each, back to back. the first was my would-be hiring manager who had done the phone interview, yet he didn't seem to remember me or speaking with me at all. He was 10 minutes late (out of only 30 minutes allotted) and didn't even realize they had a conference room set up for me, so we talked in his office. Being my would-be boss, he was the most important of the 5 I spoke to, but I got short-changed and didn't really get to ask him anything important.

Next I was swept away to the conference room and 4 people back-to-back interviewed me on everything from technical to marketing experience to what my expectations, etc. There was little closure after each person, the next would just show up at the door and take over. I was offered no breaks and after 2 hours, I had to beg for a bathroom break, which may have seemed rude to my interviewer, but I think they should have built in a break after every hour for a 2.5-hour interview. I noticed that only one of the people I spoke to had been there even a year, which made me think there was a high turnover rate. I asked about this but they just say "Oh, we're in a growth phase, there are a lot of new folks". One woman who had been there a few years spent much of the interview telling me how "anal-retentive" the company was about certain things, like formats of emails, etc.

The final interview of the 5 was with a very nice women who warned me that at 5:30, she would have to leave and pick up her child at daycare. We were practically in the middle of a sentence when she said "OK, it's 5:30, I have to go!" and got up and left, with hardly a "nice to meet you". NOBODY came to get me, there was no closure to the interview, no HR person to tell me what to expect next, I was literally left there in the building AFTER closing time when most people had gone home, even the security guard. It was pretty insulting to be just left there, not to mention I was an unescorted "outsider" left to roam free in the building.

I never heard back from them, but I had already decided I wasn't interested in working there judging by what I saw in the interviews, and the disrespectful interview process.

I certainly hope they have changed their interview process to no longer
    a) have people sit in a room for 2.5 hours with no breaks
    b) have some closure after the last interview, but an HR person who escorts them out and tells what to expect next.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember specific questions, a lot of it was just talking about their own experience there and ways the company was expanding. I think the position I was being considered for was a new one, so they had no roadmap to go by.
      ?   1 Answer