AIG Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIG Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview Consisted of a phone call, followed by an on site interview. The on site interview lasted for about 3 hours. I interviewed with about 5 people. Some of the general interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview conducted by an associate working at AIG. The process was pretty long which took approximate 45 mins. The questions were pretty much about your resume and background and very specific. Some behavioral questions as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very simple process - phone interview, followed up with an invitation for an interview in the offices. Met the team that I may work with and spent some time with each. Interview was semi-formal and kept very simple throughout.

The team interview was somewhat draining and lengthy, extending almost 5.5 hours. Everyone was very accommodating and enthusiastic throughout the interview process albeit sometimes under-informed.

Interview Questions

• Simple Probability and Math Questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Boston, MA).

Interview

The position was for an international position, and I went through 1 phone call interview and 2 on-site interviews. In the phone call interview, they interviewed me in 3 different languages. The first two interviews were relatively chill and the interviewers were really nice. I applied for the actuarial position, but they didn't have any position available for it so they recommended me to apply to the IT department first and then transfer the department after working for a couple of years. The final interview was a bit intimidating because it was with the IT manager and I actually had to make it sound like I am interested in the IT department rather than the actuarial department.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

The interview was completely standard and focused on my previous experiences. The focus was on ensuring that I would be a good fit for the team and department. Overall the process was fair, logical, and focused on the task at hand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.

Tell me about your experiences.

How will these experiences translate to the position for which you are applying?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Not hard interview. I applied on campus career fair and got email several weeks after. They Asked mostly behavior questions and 2 technical questions. Since I don't have any experience in actuarial position, they focus on why I want to change the job to actuarial analyst. 2 round One-one interview process with one senior analyst and one VP.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and have a two one to one interview.
    one was responsible for questions and the other was for general questions.
    the questions were not hard but it definitely need to prepare for it.
    I waited one and half weeks and got rejected.

Interview Questions

• how do you solve a problem?
      what would you do if you have a irresponsible team mate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

on-campus behavioral 30 min
    phone screen with senior actuaries 45min
    on-site interviews
    Actuarial entry level jobs focus heavily on exam process, excel/vba/statistical software capabilities, actuarial communication skills, and other attributes
    P&C actuarial positions seem to focus more on statistical aptitudes while Life gives due merit to background and interest in macroeconomics and financial derivatives
    Predictive modeling is the key word in P&C nowadays, while sufficient knowledge of various products is a definite plus in Life side

Interview Questions

• technical skills, internship experience, industry knowledge, mini cases   Answer Question

Actuary Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

This was for a position requiring a few years experience. Applied online and got an email a few weeks later from HR to arrange an on-site interview (no phone interview). During the day, I interviewed with 3 actuaries. it was fairly short - scheduled for 1.5 hours. The process on-site was fairly disorganized - my first scheduled interviewer was working on something and unavailable, so I spoke with another person first. Then that person had a meeting so they gave me someone else to talk to and then brought me back to that person to speak a second time later in the day. It felt a little like I was being shuffled between people's offices depending on who was available. The interviews were extremely casual for the most part. No lists of pre-written questions, HR didn't get involved, sometimes the interviewers didn't even really seem to have any questions prepared, weren't sure who I was scheduled to talk to next, hadn't seen my resume beforehand, etc. However, everyone was very nice and friendly and welcoming. They told me a lot about the job, and it was very conversational. The interviewers were very honest and talked about both their likes and dislikes about the company/job. Questions mainly asked about my experience and the items on my resume. Not many "tell me about a time when" questions or "what is your biggest strength" or anything like that. I got some technical questions about different pricing methods and my familiarity with certain actuarial concepts that related to the job. I also got asked some fairly detailed questions about projects I'd done in prior positions and how I approached them. I heard back a few weeks later via email that I had not been selected. Overall, I think they were looking more for someone with a bit more experience in that particular area, and I don't think I answered the technical questions or explained projects I had worked on clearly enough.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through this project that you've done that you've listed on your resume.   1 Answer
    • Explain the Bornhuetter-Ferguson method.   2 Answers
    • What would you do in a situation where your manager is out of the office and there is an urgent request to do something that you don't have formal authority to do?   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AIG in October 2014.

Interview

I sent my CV to HR and i got a call within a week and next two days i got my interview scheduled since the interview as taken from Newyork it was telephonic.

Interview Questions

• Just my profile experience and then the expectations and my expertise   Answer Question