AIG Actuarial Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIG Actuarial Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Back to back meeting with VP, Senior VP, and all the other team members. The interview process is very smooth, everyone being friendly and keen to know about your personality and work experience. Behavioral, technical, and normal chit chat questions were all asked depending. Very straightforward and casual.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your strength? What is your weakness? How is your study progress?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX).

Interview

applied through website, got a phone interview in a short period of time. They asked me a few basic thing about me and the interview also included some behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Full day of 30 minute interviews, one case study, rest behavior. New college grad interviewing for entry level, interview mostly with managers, fairly relaxing, first toured campus, went to lunch with two peer level employees. Escorted from office to office, got to see work environment, cubes, and get a feel of autmosphere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Spoke to the manager for a quick phone interview and was brought on-site shortly afterwards. Was told that the team showed strong interest in moving forward about a week after the on-site, and then about 7 business days later, I was extended an offer.

The on-site was all-day interview with 13 different people, mostly actuaries. They all seemed to be very friendly and easy to get along with so the interview wasn't very difficult, provided that you prepared to know your resume inside and out. Be sure to listen actively as they will ask you what you learned throughout the day regarding the job, and also be sure to have done homework on the industry and products that they sell. Seemed to be a great position with a great team and strong leadership.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the life industry? What is the most pleasant and unpleasant thing you've heard so far?   Answer Question

We were unable to come to an agreement on salary

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AIG (Woodland Hills, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with the managers, then an in-house with pretty much everyone in the department. Offer came rather quickly, but could be different depending on the department you interviewed for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do not accept the original offer no matter how desperate you are. Try to negotiate a bonus and a bit of a salary bump.